Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Crestliner192

Default Renewing your PAL

I was Just filling out my application form to renew my PAL and had a question reguarding the picture that they require, Does anyone know if it has to be color , or is a black and white picture Fine ???????
Old 02-27-2006, 01:46 AM
lilsundance

I just got mine last summer. its a color photo on it. I am not sure but believe its color photo only as black and white doesn't show what color your hair is etc.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:09 PM
7MM

Default PAL Photo

Does anyone know what size of photo needs to be sent in. I have to renew mine, but lost the page regarding the photo.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:48 AM
holdem

Default Re: PAL Photo

The photo has to be the exact same size as a passport photo and in color.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Crestliner192

Thanks for the info guys, i will be sending my application away in a few days, hope it does'nt take too long:lol
Old 03-21-2006, 06:46 PM
grandslamer1

go to your local firearms center they will take your picture for you and a poloride is fine thats what they took mine with
Old 05-03-2006, 03:32 PM
bigbore

i just got my re-newal notice in the mail yesterday.

Another $60 and another trip fro a passport photo? gimme a break. Bad enough im going for my restricted licence and have to give them more money

Says it expires in July, so once i sned in my stuff again, am i looking at about half to 1 year for my new one again?

Bigbore
Old 05-03-2006, 10:57 PM
lilsundance

bigbore. I upgraded last year and it only took 4 1/2 weeks to get mine back.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:09 AM
wynyard2

Default Pics

I was in a hurry to get some pictures for my renewal so I just went to the drivers license registry. It cost $10 and took 10 minutes. You get two passport photos in color but I had to slightly trim them to fit the specifications. Hope this helps.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Crestliner192

Default Re: Pics

When i sent mine away i just went down the the ama registries on manning drive and got a color photo, worked great, Also if you read your renewal application it should say that the $60.00 fee is NOT required.
They contacted me today with one question i forgot to answer on the form, so i should be seeing my new PAL within a month or so:lol
Old 08-22-2006, 03:13 PM
bigbore

mine took al,ost two months to come in the mail from the time i sent it. luckily i stocked up on ammo prior to the expire date
Old 08-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Dylan

I actually just went to one of those photo booths in the mall. For 4 bucks I got five or six different pictures/poses. I was able to choose the one that I looked the least stupid in, and the "wallet size" one fit the specs with no trimming.

I know a number of guys actually who did the same thing for theirs. Just an idea and cheaper/faster than passport photos.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:01 PM
smurph22

Default renewal question

what about section F on the PAL renewal/app - when it says training. If you only answered yes to the first question... (a) but the other two, (b)and (c) don't pertain to me - would you leave them blank or answer no. ?