Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-31-2007, 07:03 PM
Home Wreaker

Default un-regesterd riffles

Got a call last night from a buddy that has a bunch of riffles that were never regesterd
Did not no what to tell him .
Does anyone know what he can do ?
Old 01-31-2007, 09:11 PM
amnesty

Default amnesty

Make a few phone calls first but not from his home phone trust no one .I think there is still a amnesty and he or she should be able to register them with out (bs ) other then the registery itself being (bs).PLEASE GUOTE me if i am wrong about the amnesty.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Rub Sign

Home Wreaker,

Does he have a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL)? If so, then he should visit the Canadian Firearms Centre web site where he can find instructions on how to register.

If he doesn't have a PAL then he should get one ASAP, so he can proceed to register the guns. The amnesty is only as good as the government that put it in. If the government falls, so may the amnesty.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Home Wreaker

thanks rub,i will pass this on to him .
Old 02-27-2007, 04:31 PM
osterb

Until may there's no charges that can be laid prviding he has a license.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:17 AM
dances with gophers

I have bought a few rifles that were never registerd .
have the rifles and a tape measure handy when you phone CFC because you will have to have each rifle verified first .And they can do it for you right then and there on the phone.
As each rifle is verified you will be given a number keep a note of it , then you can go online and comlete registration of each rifle using the numbers provided .
If you dont want cfc to know where the rifles came from just type "Estate" in the where did you aquire the gun box. you can print out a copy of you regestration to show fish cop or what ever till the proper one arrives . it took less than a week for mine anyway
I found it quite easy and the chick on the phone was quite helpful.
Previously registerd Guns can also be registerd on line as long as you have cert to hand .
I hope that helps
Old 04-20-2007, 09:17 AM
geezer55

I obtained an unregistered rifle from a unlicenced relative, phoned CFC and they talked me through it, I received my certificate about 6 weeks later. Thought I'd have trouble and get checked out real close, such as having someone knock at the door and check me out personally, but after the phone call didn't hear from anyone. Quite an easy process.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:47 AM

Look easy,maybe I have to do the same for two unregistered rifles.Thanks.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:38 AM

I am hearing that yes the Amnesty is extended, and as stated earlier you can not be charged for being in possesion of a un registered, non restricted firearm.
Also hearing tell that a LEO can seize any un registered non restricted firearm, and hold it till you can produce proof of registration.
How long they will hold it before sending it for destruction is up to interpertation.
And of course you still have to have your valid firearms licence.
Also if you mis read it it's for non restricted firearms only, ie. rifles and shotguns.

There are no absolutes