Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-29-2007, 07:26 AM

Default Rosebud Silhouette & Benchrest Club

Is anyone else here a member? I went as a guest a couple years ago and I've been on the "waiting list" for a while but I made it in this year. For those of you that don't know, the range is apx. 40 minutes west of Calgary.

It sure is a great place to shoot. We had to have a ceasefire last night to let the Whitetails clear the 200 targets. Apparently evenings that the Stanley Cup finals are on are good days to shoot because it was pretty quiet last night.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:01 AM

I'm a member of the CSRA. We use the long range just up the hill. It sure is a nice place to shoot.

We cleaned up the public range the other week. You would not beleive the amount of garbage we collected.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:29 PM

I"d be interested in going out there; I'm in Calgary so what are the specifics in getting to the range? Also, do they allow non-members to shoot; and what is the fee?
Old 05-30-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genek270 View Post
I"d be interested in going out there; I'm in Calgary so what are the specifics in getting to the range? Also, do they allow non-members to shoot; and what is the fee?
What he said ...

I'd be interested in getting on one of the longer ranges, the Sibbald public range at 200y is kind of limiting. No way I'm going into the bush to set up a target at the 350y point up the hill. Liable to get shot
Old 05-31-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Rosebud.

Guys,
Rosebud membership is filled for this year. They capped membership numbers at 275 people.
Each year existing members have until the end of January to renew dues. Those who do not renew by January lose the first right opportunity to renew and that spot goes to a new member.
New members must be sponsored by an existing member and submit an application when they come out in December (I think).
As far as dues I believe they are 175.00 per year + 10.00 for a key to the clubhouse.
Oscar Jensen is in charge of memberships. I dont currently have his number.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Mike Rae; 05-31-2007 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:18 PM

Further to Mike's info above, you are allowed to shoot at the range once as an invited guest of a member and after that you need to be a member to use the range.