Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-08-2011, 01:02 AM

Default Andrew Lake Lodge

Has anyone gone to Andrew Lake Lodge or any of their outposts? If so, how was the experience?
Old 02-08-2011, 01:09 AM
sheephunter

Been to the main lodge and a couple of the outposts. Always had a good time and fishing was always good. I'd sure recommend them.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:56 AM

It was a few years back, but I had a good experience. Lodging at that time was good at the main lodge at Andrew. Fishing was really good. One time shared our lodge with a Yank who came up hunting and all i remembered was he was chewing out the staff for having pits in his orange juice in the morning. Overall it is a good place. I printed their flyers awhile back as well and Andrew is a pretty good guy to deal with.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:17 PM

Andrew I hear is good but if you want the biggies. Ath a B is where its at !!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:41 PM

Went about 12 years ago. My Mom won the trip at a fish and wildlife supper out in Carseland and gave it to my Dad and me (not her idea of an Ideal vacation.....thanks Mom). June I believe? Pike fishing was awesome. Every other cast you had one. Great site fishing from the boat all around Hooter Island I believe it was called. So cool, pick which fish you want and cast to it......bang!! Biggest Pike I have ever seen came swimming right beside the boat just as I lifted a 15lb'er out of the water (Jackfish Alley, long narrow with some big bays that leads to some portage site to other lakes). I couldnt move, this thing was Scary!! On average the Pike were 10-13lbs, with a bunch over 15.Didnt manage any over 20, close but no cigar. Nothing under 8 I would say. Lake Trout were fun, didn't target them, caugh them just exploring and trolling around to our next spot. Biggest was 12lbs, average 5-7lbs. It was all guys from the Southern States there when we went. We were the only Canaidians. I learned a lot about Noodling (hand fishing for Cat Fish). That's a crazy sport. I would go back. Oh, bug spray is just perfume for the mosquitos there! Have your stuff ready to go, and run like hell to the boat. They stay with you quite a ways out too!! That was my first and only fly-in trip. Hope to go again some day!