Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2017, 08:46 PM

A lot of misunderstanding on med weed. Its not the street stuff some of us used years ago. There are different strains which accent the different chemicals in it ( CBD, THC 0). You need not get stoned to reap the benefits of it

I am like some of the others here, licensed for the med use. Due to struggling with bone disease all my life the pain is now some days unbearable, good all night sleep is non existent as a result
Pill pain killers were causing stomach issues, so a change was needed

I have started using the oil drops in the morning, they have next to nothing for thc in them, no stoned affect at all. That gets a person through the day. At night I smoke a small amount, this allows a nice pain free sleep

Used properly it is no different than any other prescription drug,
Old 01-21-2017, 08:55 PM

Look at the Stanley brothers in Colorado - they created a strain low in THC and high in CBD that is essentially hemp. Look up Charlotte Figi, this little child would be dead without it as many kids with Dravet syndrome would be. CBD has actually brought children back to life, letting parents rediscover their child for the first time

The strain "Charlottes Web" was named after this little girl
Old 01-21-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandHeart View Post
Both sides like to exaggerate the effects of marijuana, positive and negative. It can't be a cure for everything that is completely free of side effects, but it will get you feeling high without a hangover the next day. I don't think our PM will legalize it anytime soon with his new boss in the White House.
Why do you form that opinion?

Cannabis is legal and or decriminalized in many states within the USA. For that reason, I don't believe the relationship between the USA and Canada is a factor.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:15 PM
Banned

THC has a number of medical benefits on its own. The effect produced by THC in combination with cannabinoids, terpenes, etc is still being studied. There's a reason why cannabis works better as a whole plant than when its chemical profile is separated into individual compounds which comprise it. Another reason why the pharmaceutical industry hates the kind plant.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse_hunter View Post
THC has a number of medical benefits on its own. The effect produced by THC in combination with cannabinoids, terpenes, etc is still being studied. There's a reason why cannabis works better as a whole plant than when its chemical profile is separated into individual compounds which comprise it. Another reason why the pharmaceutical industry hates the kind plant.
Depend8ng on what your treating thc actually becomes something you dont want and ddc or dhc os what you want. I got a crash course on it from someone higly involved with providing medical marijuana through a registered dispensary.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2017, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brohymn2 View Post
Depend8ng on what your treating thc actually becomes something you dont want and ddc or dhc os what you want. I got a crash course on it from someone higly involved with providing medical marijuana through a registered dispensary.

What is ddc or dhc? Look into Israeli research regarding the benefits of THC. The people who run dispensaries are middlemen...
Old 01-21-2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse_hunter View Post
What is ddc or dhc? Look into Israeli research regarding the benefits of THC. The people who run dispensaries are middlemen...
That i will grpuse hunter. Ive been looking for more research as im going through the proscess to get it

Old 01-22-2017, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Tollers View Post
I have had a couple of family members treated for severe pain while undergoing cancer treatments. It would have be nice to have this as an option at that time vs the drugged state they had to be in
Sorry to hear about your family members having to fight such a terrible disease.

The more options there are to treat pain and anorexia during people's lowest moments the better. No two bodies are alike and some drugs work for some and some not for others. Giving patients options is the best thing doctors can do for patients.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:08 AM

I find many people who defend the use of Marijuana for other then medical reasons use the argument that it is better then alcohol.
My opinion is that its use should be legalized, but if you are found to be under its influence and operating a motor vehicle, guns etc you should be charged as such.

Justifying getting high and operating a car is no different then justifying drinking and operating a car. To many will justify their pot use and say it is different then a few beers and they function just fine. Some do but the vast majority do not.

Medical use I have no problem with, recreational use I have no problem with. Just do not justify using the stuff and being better then using alcohol.

I have seen marijuana use cause problems with friends and co workers. They were not the occasional use people they were heavy users. It affected their life in very negative ways. Research has already proven its use can cause mental issues and dependency in some people. Be careful, use it properly.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:58 AM
Banned

Default .

l have stock in Canopy Growth and Aurora in Cremona , l,m gonna be rich when its legalized and l can sit back and watch the potheads smoke while l fill my bank account , haaaaaaaaa.
BRING IT ON.

You folks might wanna get in on it.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:56 AM

We won't legalize weed, maybe decriminalize it. Until it's removed as a schedule 1 drug in the states we won't legalize it here.

Last edited by Sporty; 01-22-2017 at 07:07 AM.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
Why do you form that opinion?

Cannabis is legal and or decriminalized in many states within the USA. For that reason, I don't believe the relationship between the USA and Canada is a factor.
Cannabis is legal for recreational use only in seven out of 50 states. You can't smoke it on any federal land or in public and it is a felony to bring it into a state where it is not legal. Canadians have been turned away at the US border just for admitting they smoke pot. Do you think Trump will be as friendly towards Pot as Obama was? I will be shocked if we are able to buy legal recreational weed in Canada this time next year. I feel it was just a promise to get the young people to vote for Justin.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:44 AM

Then again, maybe they will legalize it. http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-...enture-not-his
Old 01-22-2017, 08:05 AM

Definitely in favor of legalizing the crap. who cares if it's healthy for you or not? Donuts kill too. There are much bigger issues facing the world today, we all choose our road to hell with or without big-brother's blessing.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
I find many people who defend the use of Marijuana for other then medical reasons use the argument that it is better then alcohol.
My opinion is that its use should be legalized, but if you are found to be under its influence and operating a motor vehicle, guns etc you should be charged as such.

Justifying getting high and operating a car is no different then justifying drinking and operating a car. To many will justify their pot use and say it is different then a few beers and they function just fine. Some do but the vast majority do not.

Medical use I have no problem with, recreational use I have no problem with. Just do not justify using the stuff and being better then using alcohol.

I have seen marijuana use cause problems with friends and co workers. They were not the occasional use people they were heavy users. It affected their life in very negative ways. Research has already proven its use can cause mental issues and dependency in some people. Be careful, use it properly.
But there are a large amount of the populace that is numb and zombie like that you drive past everyday on the highway that use pain pills to get through their
days. What about them?
Old 01-22-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Definitely in favor of legalizing the crap. who cares if it's healthy for you or not? Donuts kill too. There are much bigger issues facing the world today, we all choose our road to hell with or without big-brother's blessing.
X2....
Old 01-22-2017, 09:01 AM

IMHO, if T2's true intent was legalization or decriminalization, then he would not have tasked a cop and particularly a chief cop with the job.

I caution all Canadians that possession of a Medical User Certificate has been used to deny admission to the USA, and that in the USA, having a legal Medical User Certificate or admitting use has been used to deny firearm purchases and even to search for and seize legally owned firearms.

I suspect that this type of action is at least possible and probably likely here. The CFOs will have access to our electronic health records and inevitably will use them to deny issuing or renewing a PAL, RPAL restricted firearm transfer, or ATT.

IIRC there is a question about drug use on many License application renewal forms.
Admitting to use, or even just possession of a Medical User Certificate could be used to suspend or deny issue of a Driver, Pilot, boat operator or similar License or even Trade Certificate.

Good Luck, YMMV.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandHeart View Post
Then again, maybe they will legalize it. http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-...enture-not-his
I'd have to agree when the lawyer wife of a fellow who held positions as Canada's ambassador to the United Nations, Justice Minister and Health Minister is banking on it.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:00 PM
Banned

Aurora Cannabis recall
Mettrum Cannabis recall
Organigram Cannabis recall
Tilray recall
Peace Naturals Project recall

Investors can dream of the huge profits associated with legal marijuana, but are the giant Licensed Producers able to grow a product which passes all of the necessary tests? Apparently, no. And why is Aurora buying cannabis from Organigram? Their facility in Cremona is huge!
If you were to speak to actual medical marijuana users you'd learn that the vast majority of them are dissatisfied with the quality of the product produced by the Licenses Producers. Thankfully, sick people will always have the Constitutional right to grow their own medication.
Legalization of cannabis is the only way that the huge corporations are going to stay afloat. My personal prediction is that we will see a shift away from dry marijuana to extracts with various added flavors. Add some synthetic THC, cannabinoids and terpines to compensate for the poor quality starting material. Package that garbage up in cartridges for e-pens and viola! You've managed to "turn trash into stash". I'm confident that there always will be a niche market for high quality, low volume marijuana producers who will not be trading on the stock market and therefore will not be an option for investors.

Last edited by grouse_hunter; 01-22-2017 at 12:06 PM. Reason: shpelling