Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-11-2016, 07:48 PM

If anyone feels under gunned, shoot me a pm as I have an as new 338 Remington Ultra Mag that may be going up for sale
Old 07-12-2016, 02:26 PM

Thanks guys for all the tips ,and keep them coming if you have more as being this is a one time hunt I would like to make it count.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:00 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
and here I thought they were Bison .....

Buffalo

Oh give me a home where the Buffalo roam....wrong continent?
Drunk cowboy song?

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-13-2016, 06:34 AM

Default For you lucky devils!

It's fun following this post because I know the energy and feeling of being drawn. I have been hunting and guiding for bison up there since the season first opened. My daughter and I have both been lucky enough to be drawn and from all the research and the thousands of kilometers driven, I've become very familiar with the area. I like helping out the guys or gals who cannot practically succeed on this hunt. People that have no idea where to start and have no equipment are the people that I've helped. So far I have helped 10 people get their bison, including some great bulls. I do charge a minimal amount to help people but I can assure you that it is only because my wife says I have to pay for the broken springs and the thousands of kilometers on my truck! If truth be known, I just love being part of the hunt and helping people be successful and I would do it for nothing if I could!!
For you keeners who want to do it yourself I understand where you're coming from. I'm the same kinda guy!! You'll have a blast!! But if you hear of some hapless person wondering what to do, then I love helping them.
The trick to being successful is knowledge. Not equipment. But without the equipment, this hunt is almost impossible unless you shoot the bison on the road, and that's getting much harder to do. Feel free to text Kurt at 780-689-8857. (and yes, I am a licenced guide)