Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2013, 01:27 AM

Thank you all. I do appreciate it. The well wishes are overwhelming.

I sought a second opinion today and got the same result.

Most doctors want nothing to do with me but there are those that do.

I really dont know what else to say. I'm not one to whine about stuff.

Those that took the time to PM me. I'm sorry I have not got back to you yet.
I will. Just a little mind confused now.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:53 AM
Banned

Two doctors with the same result. Seeking medical advise on an outdoor forum. I would suggest seeing a shrink, you need help between the ears.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellum View Post
Two doctors with the same result. Seeking medical advise on an outdoor forum. I would suggest seeing a shrink, you need help between the ears.
Are you serious? Did you read the whole thread? He asked for advice 3 days ago , has seen two doctors since then and both gave him the same diagnosis.

He is no longer looking for our opinions or diagnosis.i do not see how insulting him is very productive.

And it is spelled advice not advise.

My sympathies go our to the OP.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:35 AM

When I first heard your news I was like you in shock. I had to go to bed and sleep on it. I did not and do not want to say anything to upset you. years ago as a smart ass university student a foreman who was also a minister just about fired me for talking up evolution. He said we have to have faith and without faith we have nothing. For me as life progressed and just about getting killed in several accidents I felt something else was helping me and took faith and prayers more seriously. Please keep us enformed about your health hopefully it will be more positive. You have given us all a wake up call and please take faith, prayer and fight to heart. If one medical field does not help you visit a naturalpath doctor who deals with cancer. He can help you with the fight you have on your hands.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:47 AM

HOW in the world can you say that to a fellow human being much less a fellow hunter????????? I cannot believe that. Have you not read the advice he has been given here? The encouragement he has been given here? AND the alternative treatment to possibly what he can get here in Canada?

Good grief pull you head out from the mudhole and if you do not have anything encouraging or uplifting to say be quiet. This man needs all of our support not pulling him down.

I for one fully support him in Prayer and in whichever alternative treatment he may seek.

A fellow member posted another place to get treatment and I for one am glad to have that information for this member and for the future for any of us.

Ohhhhhhhhh you remind me of the school yard bully. Thank goodness the rest of this membership has compassion. AND I do not care if this post gets me banned!!!!! You need to see it from someone.

Quote:
Old 09-21-2013, 08:08 AM

Oh no...I just saw this one now

brslk - fight the good fight for all you're worth and don't give up! You're not out of the game yet, and you've got a lot of people pulling for you.

rellum - x2 on what Batwoman said

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 09-21-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Oh no...I just saw this one now

brslk - fight the good fight for all you're worth and don't give up! You're not out of the game yet, and you've got a lot of people pulling for you.

rellum - x2 on what Batwoman said
X2 on Geezle's X2 makes X4, its becoming expotential! (x2, x2 and x2 for "Richard" rellum)

Best wishes Brslk, I have no other words.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:06 AM

No place for this here, BS ignorant comment. bye bye

Quote:
Old 09-21-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
No place for this here, BS ignorant comment. bye bye
Well done! Ignorant indeed!!
Old 09-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Banned

Wow, seriously, my heart sank too when I read the diagnosis. Can't imagine what it's like having to face one's own mortality.

I echo what others are saying, if you're not a candidate to get chemo or mainstream treatments, do seek other avenues.

My father was diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung cancer, doctors said it was terminal and wouldn't treat with chemo. At that point it had spread to other organs. They fed him steriods and other meds to control the tumors and pain but it had already spread. He didn't put up much of a fight and medically it was to make him comfortable.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:11 PM

Default brslk

brslk - We've never met, and we don't know each other at all, but my heart breaks for you. Your situation will likely lead you to requiring the assistance of many different individuals from all walks of life. If at any point along your journey through what will likely be an intense battle, you, or any member of your family should come to a place where you discover you'd like, (or need), the listening ear, (or assistance) of a pastor family, (who just happen to be a fellow hunter family), (I'll PM you my number), feel free to contact us any time, any day, 24/7.

Best Regards.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
Thank you all. I do appreciate it. The well wishes are overwhelming.

I sought a second opinion today and got the same result.

Most doctors want nothing to do with me but there are those that do.

I really dont know what else to say. I'm not one to whine about stuff.

Those that took the time to PM me. I'm sorry I have not got back to you yet.
I will. Just a little mind confused now.
We here are battling as my wife has recently went through a year of treatment for breast cancer.

I lost my mom from lung cancer when I was a young fellow and I normally don't even open these threads as they rip the heart out of me, none more than your story.

A few months ago a met a gentleman from Germany that was given a short time to live after treatment had failed for his cancer. He spoke to members of his family in Europe and it seems they look at cancer treatment completely differently than here. He is alive and well many years later allbeit missing the parts the Canadian doctors had removed.

Coincidently, his sister had exactly the same breast cancer as my wife a few years after his battle. She recieved no surgery (my wife went through lots) and her once 5+ cm tumour is now under 5 mm and only notceable when a skilled person knows where to look with the right equipment.

Here is a couple of links that the old guy sent me and I can honestly say I would be heading to Germany if I was in your situation. You are going to have to translate these pages using your computer and some of the words do not translate perfectly so it appears to be in a bit of broken English.

http://www.zentrum-der-gesundheit.de/backpulver.html

http://www.gesundheit-wissen24.de/er...gegen-krebs-1/

These are just a start as he sent me much more information but I included these two as they have links (which have links) that can lead to days of reading. In a nut shell, there are many treatment options used successfully in other countries that we don't even try here. Infact our treatments would be a last resort or not even considered due to the damaged cause by the drugs and/or surgery.

The one treatment center that cured his sister is like a 5 star resort. When I asked him the price he pointed at my car and said "less than dat" in broken English. From my research, I would beg steal or borrow to get in there if the cancer returns to our lives.

If you find this stuff interesting I will forward you the guy's e-mail and you can talk directly with him.

I am in no way trying to sugar coat this as it obviously sucks and my heart goes out to you.

May you and your family find peace no matter what the out come.

MK
Old 09-21-2013, 02:53 PM

Sorry to hear your diagnosis. No words will help give you any comfort, but know that we think of you. The only thing you can do is to fight it! Nothing you don't already know, but if it help encourage you. Take the advice given from others here and see what your options are. There are people that beat this horrible thing, and you can too!!!
Travis.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:24 PM

X2. You have lots if support here. Stay strong and explore every avenue. Prayers sent.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 09-21-2013, 03:57 PM

So sorry to hear about the diagnosis.

Don't give up though man. Fight the fight, all the way to the bitter end if need be. Be strong, and do everything possible. Look at all options available abroad as well. People have survived such grim odds in the past. You can be one of them.

We're all behind you and rooting for ya. Give 'er hell man.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:14 PM

My heart literally dropped when I read your post. Word's just cant describe it....
Just know that the big man upstairs is watching over you (and all of us) we're all praying hard for you. So sorry to hear this sad news
Old 09-21-2013, 04:36 PM

This one seems a bit strange to receive a diagnosis as fast as this my own case took several months just to see the cancer specalists. I think you should seek out another doctor for a third opinion. If you have had the whole battery of tests that is required most of the time takes several months.Seems strange that this can be doon in three days or am I missing something in any case I wish you the best of luck.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:09 PM

i know a lady that the cross gave weeks to live with a huge tumour in her stomach , no treatment possible and all that . she went to a cancer treatment center in texas that week , 4 years later she is alive and in good health . i hate that evil desease and hope that you can beat it .
Old 09-21-2013, 11:50 PM

God I am so sorry to hear that diagnosis! I can't imagine what you're feeling right now but we're here for you.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:09 AM

I just came back to se this as well. PM me if I (well, the wife.) can offer any advice. Don't feel defeated!

talk to you soon

-Will
Old 09-22-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308 man View Post
This one seems a bit strange to receive a diagnosis as fast as this my own case took several months just to see the cancer specalists. I think you should seek out another doctor for a third opinion. If you have had the whole battery of tests that is required most of the time takes several months.Seems strange that this can be doon in three days or am I missing something in any case I wish you the best of luck.
I felt the same way. But the chest scan showing the tumor was the clincher.
People, I am impressed by the well wishes but I will say I am going to fight this with every thing I can.

The wife and I just built a new house and even though I know she is financially secure without me, I want everything settled.

Not to mention I would like to live for a little while longer.

It is odd though... I do look at things a little different now.

Priorities I wish I had before this.

Maybe time for a big garage sale?
Old 09-22-2013, 12:47 AM

Sorry to hear, Keep up the spirits, trust in God. I will pray for you.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:15 AM

Again, thank you all. The prayers and well wishes have meant a lot. I'm gonna do my best to fight this but realize I can only do so much.

I have an appointment at the cross on Monday.

I'm hopeful and trying to be OK.

Hay... at least I lost weight.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:36 AM

hope for the best for you.
I posted a bit quick before reading it all.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:53 AM

Off to the CC tomorrow and am hopeful.
Had a good weekend.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:21 AM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun

Quote:
Off to the CC tomorrow and am hopeful.
Had a good weekend.
Good luck tomorrow
Old 09-23-2013, 01:30 AM

I gotta say. I hate being an attention hog type person.
You people have been awesome to me. The PM's have been overwhelming.
I'm a relatively new guy here and have not built a lot of friendships.
I'm only sorry I didn't find this place sooner.

I belong to a lot of forums and I like this one the best.

You guys make me proud to be an Albertan.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
In the last 6 months or so I have lost about 60 lbs.
I wasn't trying to lose weight .

I've stopped eating sugar and white bread. but otherwise been eating the same.

I've noticed my hands and feet have a tingly feeling (like they are asleep)
and I have zero energy.

My doctor is useless... he says I should eat more.

I have almost no appetite at all and when I do eat, I feel full pretty quick.

The reason I stopped eating sugar and wheat is due to Psoriasis.

I know I should ask elsewhere for answers but thought I would ask here first.
Better get a referral to see a dietician. Doctors (generalists) aren't qualified to make decisions in eating. That said, no sugar or white bread will make you lose weight fast. Sugar and white bread intake equals big time fat! Trust me I know! White bread is a killer. It's full of refined flour which turns into sugar. Ingesting it is like taking twice the sugar.

Sorry about the diagnosis... I'd get an other opinion and a referral to a RD.

Last edited by dumoulin; 09-23-2013 at 07:12 AM.