Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-08-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundog57 View Post
According to the latest polls (and yes - polls are not dependable) if everyone who was going to vote PPC (4.8%) voted Conservative it would give the Cons around 38.5% and put them in majority territory.

Think about it.
Choice 1
I'm gonna help Justine and his woke friends destroy the country (and confiscate all of my firearms bit by bit) but feel like I voted my conscience.
Choice 2
I'm gonna hold my nose and vote Conservative because even though they are farther left than I would like, they have a chance of forming government.
And that is why Otoole should not be driving people to the PPC side. I will still hold my nose and vote CPC, but some people are so outraged at Otooles flip flops on the carbon tax and firearms, that they won't.
Old 09-08-2021, 09:59 AM

The PC's lost my vote with the vaccine passport, for me, there is not enough difference between a fascist who pretends they are liberal and one that pretends they are a conservative.

PPC it is
Old 09-08-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And that is why Otoole should not be driving people to the PPC side. I will still hold my nose and vote CPC, but some people are so outraged at Otooles flip flops on the carbon tax and firearms, that they won't.
I have to agree. Maxie has some good Ideas but to split the vote now only gives the turd a majority... Maxie was run out of the PC party for good reason. I some times wonder who he is really working for ? the People of Canada or .. the lieberals ?

If treason's Maxie were not running the PPC party I would really consider giving them my vote but I cannot vote for a man who leaves secret military documents at his hooker / girlfriends house for, four hours, while he goes home to have supper with his wife and kids. HOW can he possibly be trusted to run the country .... ??
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 09-08-2021, 10:10 AM

Surprising that Albertan gunnies are still so easily divided after having lived through the vote split of the 2015 provincial election. A PPC vote won’t result in them even getting a seat anywhere, but it can certainly cause the loss of a CPC seat. This is a do or die election for anyone with anything in the OIC. Don’t for a moment think that’s where the Liberals will stop either, they’ve just wet their appetites.

United we stand, divided we fall. It gets no simpler than that.

PPC need to screen their management, that gravel throwing guy is a riding director with white supremacist activity. Any party would have immediately tossed him and distanced themselves by this revelation, but the PPC? Crickets…
Old 09-08-2021, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulrich View Post
The PC's lost my vote with the vaccine passport, for me, there is not enough difference between a fascist who pretends they are liberal and one that pretends they are a conservative.

PPC it is
You might as well vote for the Turd. You obviously don't care about keeping your firearms.
Old 09-08-2021, 10:37 AM

What we vote here doesn’t matter anyways, almost all our ridings are conservative strongholds. Might be a seat or two that aren’t, but it’s Ontario that’s going to decide this election again
Old 09-08-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Surprising that Albertan gunnies are still so easily divided after having lived through the vote split of the 2015 provincial election. A PPC vote won’t result in them even getting a seat anywhere, but it can certainly cause the loss of a CPC seat. This is a do or die election for anyone with anything in the OIC. Don’t for a moment think that’s where the Liberals will stop either, they’ve just wet their appetites.

PPC need to screen their management, that gravel throwing guy is a riding director with white supremacist activity. Any party would have immediately tossed him and distanced themselves by this revelation, but the PPC? Crickets…
Agree 100%. Some people just don't get it.
Old 09-08-2021, 10:40 AM

Bottom line:
If you vote for ANY candidate other than the one whose party has any chance at all of defeating Turdo, your efforts are going to be helping Turdo.
Like it or not, that's how our system works.
I'd be all in for a 2 party system.
We've been crying for 6 years about the Turd. Don't blow our one chance of giving him the punt.
Old 09-08-2021, 10:55 AM

A few links for the PPC supporters in the house to contemplate. Not telling you how to vote, but I'm definitely trying to offer some information and guidance.

There is the head of a PPC riding association that threw gravel at the PM. I've seen multiple video angles of this guy on Twitter threads and while you don't see him throw, you do see him lunge down to scoop gravel as he moves out of frame. Then the a camera angle from the bus shows gravel coming from where he lunged to. Of course the numerous on-scene witnesses confirm this. In multiple footage and even photos from his social media, he always has that weird flag on a hockey stick as though its his emotional support focal point. Really weird dude, really suspicious dude. I can't imagine any father wanting his daughter anywhere near this guy.

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/...o-ppc-official

This other weirdo is a PPC candidate in New Brunswick, and do consider that the Post Millenial is a conservative-leaning publication:

https://thepostmillennial.com/ppc-ca...-his-testicles

Marc Emery, a well-known marijuana advocate going back decades, is a candidate too. He recently tweeted about a Mussolini treatment for Trudeau. Not exactly becoming behaviour for someone vying for an MP's seat.

I doubt the PPC will continue beyond this election, though Bernier may keep it on life support as he'll need the donations to pay his own salary, because he's not going to have an MP's seat & wages.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:35 AM

If I was going to let the odd weirdo swing me away from a political party or another I would never vote since all parties have their own weirdos, they just sound different.

And until we get the option "None of the above" on the voting ballot you're left with voting for the least repulsive.

And to be honest, votes west of Lakehead don't matter very much, by my count my vote has made a difference in one federal election in 30+ years (defeating the Charlottetown accord and that was not even an election)

My riding is a pretty safe PC seat so I feel confident the liberal won't win even if I vote PPC
Old 09-08-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulrich View Post

PPC it is
A letter came out from my PC MP (Rachel Harder) yesterday, where she explained the PC stance on vaccine passport as being:
-not mandatory nor intended for use in Canada
-available as a government created/recognized document for those who want to travel out of country, to destinations who require such proof in order to enter their country.

The PC's aren't mandating a vaccine passport.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:59 AM

Thankyou I will have to do some follow up reading
Old 09-08-2021, 09:58 PM

What the Cons are talking about with the vaccine passport is standardizing it between the provinces to an internationally recognized standard, so that people can travel to other countries and be accepted, and vice versa. That is something any Cdn gov't has to do, be it Con, Lib, NDP, whoever. Just like the OIC's, there were actual military items there, all he has to do is leave them there and review and reclassify everything else, he is good to his word to antis, he may give them a placebo of some form down the road on something that really won't make any difference to the scheme of things. He knows how to handle issues like that, it was just a quick adaptation to shut the krap from Trudope & etc down. Just done to keep the media focused on the Libs and NDP.
Bernier screwed himself, he has some good ideas, but, not many.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
What the Cons are talking about with the vaccine passport is standardizing it between the provinces to an internationally recognized standard, so that people can travel to other countries and be accepted, and vice versa. That is something any Cdn gov't has to do, be it Con, Lib, NDP, whoever. Just like the OIC's, there were actual military items there, all he has to do is leave them there and review and reclassify everything else, he is good to his word to antis, he may give them a placebo of some form down the road on something that really won't make any difference to the scheme of things. He knows how to handle issues like that, it was just a quick adaptation to shut the krap from Trudope & etc down. Just done to keep the media focused on the Libs and NDP.
Bernier screwed himself, he has some good ideas, but, not many.
I believe this to be the case as well. What a messed up world we live in, so much division and inability to let people live their own lives. It's mind boggling.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:13 PM

In case any of the other arguments don't sway anyone....

Last week the prancing fool stated publicly (yes publicly - it's mind boggling how dumb this guy really is) that the enormous national debt would be manageable because of growth (well maybe) and inflation!!!
So for those of you who weren't around in the 60s and 70s what he is saying is that they are going to pay back the national debt which was borrowed in dollars worth a dollar today, with dollars in the future which are worth much less.
They are going to inflate the debt away.

Oh, and by the way what he didn't mention is that those dollars which are worth much less at that point will also be the same denomination as your savings.

So if you are planning to retire any time in the next five decades or so, better start saving, investing and buying tangible assets now, 'cause a dollar saved today will have the purchasing power of a quarter in the future if this fool gets re-elected.

Mods - sorry this is a little off "Guns & Ammo"
Let's put it this way - a box of Barnes will cost you around $60 today. Assuming you can still buy ammo in Canada if he gets re-elected, with his stated economic policy you can assume you'll be paying around $150 a box sometime in the not too distant future.

Last edited by Sundog57; 09-09-2021 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:51 PM

A vote for Trudeau - is a vote for a separate Alberta. There's no other way we can survive another 4 years of his abuse!
Old 09-09-2021, 01:14 PM

Maybe there is hope, need to hit the translator on this one, Legault says he'd like a CPC minority;

https://www.journaldequebec.com/2021...fyxL-wgkeMIdgU
Old 09-10-2021, 10:36 AM

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
What we vote here doesn’t matter anyways, almost all our ridings are conservative strongholds. Might be a seat or two that aren’t, but it’s Ontario that’s going to decide this election again

I come from a riding where the CPC MP only has to have blue next to his name to win. By all my accounts, the MP here has done nothing notable in parliament, and has very little outreach in my community of 10000, which is the largest in my riding I believe, and an agricultural Hub in southern alberta. There is 0% chance that someone not right-leaning takes office. NDP and Liberal MAY combine for 12% of the votes, in a good year for them. Usually less. I like to think voting for another right wing candidate may show the CPC that they aren't doing as great here as they think, even if his numbers dip from 85% to 70% with like minded people, and hopefully get them to consider that all vote-pandering doesn't need to be done in eastern Canada, but here as well. There are key issues (Gun control) that I cannot trust conservative party leaders on. I am not letting my vote go to a party that doesn't consult or care for the people in my part of my riding.

Provincial politics is whole different story. I will not vote split when the cities can cost us.

But my line in the sand is drawn, and despite what the naysayers on this thread say, my vote is NOT for trudeau. My vote is for holding the CPC accountable in the only way I can. If I lived somewhere else in a swing riding that had a chance of flipping, my stance would be the lesser of 2 evils.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post

Totally agree. A CPC vote guarantees the libs will get back in.
People really need to think and decide if they want another term of the liberals and if they get a majority what will be the havoc they create? Simply because they’ve picked one or two of o’tools platforms that they don’t agree with?
Don’t forget some of those platforms arise to get the vote, and “may” change for the better in the future.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:50 AM

O Tooles flip flop is good strategy. he's a politician. he knows he must Lie. Get the votes and then change a few platforms easily. Tru Dork is very good at this. Do whatever to get votes. I just pray JT gets bounced HARD.
Old 09-10-2021, 12:52 PM

Default Bernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
I have to agree. Maxie has some good Ideas but to split the vote now only gives the turd a majority... Maxie was run out of the PC party for good reason. I some times wonder who he is really working for ? the People of Canada or .. the lieberals ?

If treason's Maxie were not running the PPC party I would really consider giving them my vote but I cannot vote for a man who leaves secret military documents at his hooker / girlfriends house for, four hours, while he goes home to have supper with his wife and kids. HOW can he possibly be trusted to run the country .... ??
You forgot about him being absent for the vote in Parliament over Bill C-71.
Old 09-10-2021, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
O Tooles flip flop is good strategy. he's a politician. he knows he must Lie. Get the votes and then change a few platforms easily. Tru Dork is very good at this. Do whatever to get votes. I just pray JT gets bounced HARD.
In the english debate last night PM Socks got molested by the other candidates. He tried the same old tired tropes to take a swing at O'Toole but the moderator shut him down. I think at one point they even shut PM Sock's mike off. lol
Old 09-10-2021, 02:34 PM

Vote for whom ever you like....

But...

Splitting the vote is like Russian Roulette.

The Turd is dangerous to Canada .

You have to realize that !

Right now I cant take anymore of his Gaslighting .
Old 09-10-2021, 05:24 PM

You guys are killing me... The last time I played politics with my vote I watched as the election was over far before my vote was even counted... How is this fair? I will be voting who I want to have a seat, not who I think could “maybe” be better like sparkly socks or flip flop.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
You guys are killing me... The last time I played politics with my vote I watched as the election was over far before my vote was even counted... How is this fair? I will be voting who I want to have a seat, not who I think could “maybe” be better like sparkly socks or flip flop.
And your one seat will mean nothing if Trudeau is still in power. But in a close election , one seat may be the difference between a minority and majority, or even who wins. I remember some fools I know in the Atlantic provinces claiming that their few seats don't matter, until I pointed out, that if every seat in the Atlantic provinces had gone to Scheer, Trudeau would have lost.
Old 09-10-2021, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And your one seat will mean nothing if Trudeau is still in power. But in a close election , one seat may be the difference between a minority and majority, or even who wins. I remember some fools I know in the Atlantic provinces claiming that their few seats don't matter, until I pointed out, that if every seat in the Atlantic provinces had gone to Scheer, Trudeau would have lost.
You have a very good point, It would be better with flip flop in power, but he’s so close to being Liberal it scares me. I’ll stay with voting for mad Max.
Prey for better times!!!
Old 09-10-2021, 08:35 PM

We have to avoid these 2 at all costs. A vote for either one is a vote for turd oh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (34.2 KB, 48 views)

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 09-10-2021, 10:57 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I think the issue here might be that you don't know what an assault rifle is. I have zero issue with what he said.
I believe that is exactly the issue. Pretty clever actually.

A hunting rifle is not an assault rifle no matter how much black plastic it has on it or how big it's magazine is.

The National Post (patooo) says
Quote:
an assault rifle must be capable of fully automatic fire
Every source I found said much the same thing. An assault rifle is fully automatic or capable of being switched to fully automatic in the field.

No doubt Otoole knows that so he played the media. He gave them the answer they wanted, or so they think, but he probably has no intention of banning any hunting weapons.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-10-2021, 11:01 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
The election may well be decided before our votes get counted.

But our votes could make all the difference between a minority government and a majority government, if we vote conservative.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-10-2021, 11:40 PM

All the signs I see in my area are CPC and Maverick, no NDP, no Libs, no greenies and no PPC, so, I don`t see how they can do any good, if they don`t have enough candidates to start with. Haven`t even looked to see how many they actually have this time around. I even watched Bernier`s vid tonite on his version of a debate, liked what I saw, but, it may happen if I am able to vote next time around that I will give him a shot, and there is someone useful to vote for.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcYfvDV4Qko