Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-21-2016, 06:26 AM

I came across a 10 gauge/30-06 in Arizona 2 years ago, $6500 for the beauty unit.

It was custom made in Europe some where for a fellow in New Mexico.

It was a brake action with some awesome looking wood with dark grain red-ish brown with black wavey grain lines.

The action was custom etched with 3 grease in fight on one side as the other had a royal 7X7 Elk with mountains in the back ground.

Deffinatly a collectors item. Seen a few similar to it at the head-quarder of the NRA in Washington DC that year.

That is a awesome place to visit for those of us that "choose" to travel.

Don
Old 11-21-2016, 07:46 AM
Banned

A shotgun would make the most sense for me in this situation, however I would go with what I'm naturally best with and that would be a 1895 marlin SBL in 45/70. I've had the most practice time in with this gun and I can unload it extremely fast with precision accuracy. One time I shot at a gopher's head and just slightly missed from about 50 yards and killed him dead without a mark on him. I'm positive it was the shockwave that did him in, anyways with ghost ring sights I'm good from point blank out to 200 yards with proper shot placement and variable wind conditions with tons of practice time. 45/70 for me.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Very nice.
Where does one pick up a shooting iron like that?
Probably look at 12 gauge on top and '06 on the bottom.
If that is possible.!
You can run across used ones at some gun shows and on CGN. The used ones with all the accessories and in great shape run 3-5,000. Heym, Blazer, Kreighoff and a couple of others still make new ones. They aren't significantly more but tend to be plainer finished. To get the fuly engraved, claw mounts, barrel insert etc ones like the older ones you are looking at 10-15000.

You can also import used ones from Europe. There are quite a few for sale in Germany, Bavaria etc for real good prices.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:13 PM

Savage model 42 .22 long top barrel 20gauge lower barrel which will take slugs