Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2017, 08:40 PM

Arrow 'Korea' ... Will Canada go again?

Canada's Defence Minister, Harjit Sajjan;
" ... In close touch with U.S. Defence Secretary James Mattis and they spoke specifically about the escalating tensions in Korea"
" ... National Defence has, regardless of the situation, 'done prudent planning' for possible crises."

Though still remote, Canada sending troops to Korea again is a possibility; http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/kore...-war-1.4080214

Korean War II ?!

Old 04-21-2017, 08:51 PM

I hope no one goes

No one shows up, no one fights

Or, if they insist, nuke them from 1000 miles away
Old 04-21-2017, 09:18 PM
Banned

Probably not,

Someone has to open the borders for all the Korean refugees.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:23 PM

If the US, South Koreans, Japan and China (if they are serious) all get involved I think they can handle the situation. We do not need to loose any of our warriors in that fight. Maybe after the smoke clears for peace keeping if needed. just my opinion
Regardless of the overwhelming odds or obstacles in your path,
you always have an opportunity to overcome.
It is your attitude that will determine the outcome.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:25 PM

We have fighters in Guam that got dropped theere within the last 2 weeks. According to a US Military buddy of mine.

I wouldn't call the source horribly reliable by any means so take that with a grain of salt

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2017, 09:46 PM

it should be obvious to everyone that the entire country is a prison colony, and that the best way to cure North Korea is to cut lil Kim's head off.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:51 PM
Banned

Might happen but I'm gonna say probably not. Mostly a lot of strutting and chest thumping. China don't want it to happen. There's a lot of Chinese dollars invested in North America and I would think that they want it back.

Gotta admit the North Koreans sure do march nice.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:03 PM

Well it would technically still be justthe Korean War since it was never officially ended....
Old 04-22-2017, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsik View Post
it should be obvious to everyone that the entire country is a prison colony, and that the best way to cure North Korea is to cut lil Kim's head off.
The main problem is that a wast majority of a country population are willing wardens and, until this part is changed, it doesn't matter who's head is cut. Money, lure of cheap goods, food and sneaky propaganda is the way to go for now. Countries, even nuclear ones, fold from withing for the last 60 years. History shows that it is way harder to "win hearts and minds" after you bomb a country into a stone age, even the ones who never choose to exit this age.
"Smart and sneaky" wins "tough", especially "pretend tough" every time.

Last edited by ak-71; 04-22-2017 at 01:26 AM.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post

Gotta admit the North Koreans sure do march nice.
Russians will try to top it in a few weeks for a Victory Day. They have a tradition (military parades) since before Soviet state came into existence, good show, way better than Big Brother - more fun and shorter
Old 04-22-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Well it would technically still be justthe Korean War since it was never officially ended....
Just an FYI.....It was never a declared war, it was a UN police action, officially called "The Korean Conflict." Although, most people mistakenly refer to it as "The Korean War."

No offence but, I just wanted to clarify.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:23 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

The troops will go any place they are told to. Lots of stuff going on with our troops we will never know about all over the world.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-22-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
I hope no one goes

that would be the smart move, not worth one Canadian life.

Grizz
Old 04-22-2017, 07:54 AM

I think the populace in Korea could be brought to see that they've been being duped all along (many know but don't want the become condemned to death for actually saying it). If Kim and the majority of his regime could be taken out with simultaneous & accurate cruise missile strikes then combat boots might not even be needed on the ground, just work boots. I know its a big 'if', but with some intelligence on Kim's movements and locations they could all be struck along with any military command and control facilities they have.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I think the populace in Korea could be brought to see that they've been being duped all along (many know but don't want the become condemned to death for actually saying it). If Kim and the majority of his regime could be taken out with simultaneous & accurate cruise missile strikes then combat boots might not even be needed on the ground, just work boots. I know its a big 'if', but with some intelligence on Kim's movements and locations they could all be struck along with any military command and control facilities they have.
If Kim disappears into thin air, chances are good North Korea will disintegrate into anarchy and we'll have a huge humanitarian crisis to deal with. Sadam Hussein was a nasty man , as Was Tito and Khadaffi and now Assad, but they kept the lid on a boiling kettle. Democracy, as we know it, just doesn't work everywhere. I'm sure this is one of the issues the Chinese are well aware of.

Grizz
Old 04-22-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
If Kim disappears into thin air, chances are good North Korea will disintegrate into anarchy and we'll have a huge humanitarian crisis to deal with. Sadam Hussein was a nasty man , as Was Tito and Khadaffi and now Assad, but they kept the lid on a boiling kettle. Democracy, as we know it, just doesn't work everywhere. I'm sure this is one of the issues the Chinese are well aware of.

Grizz
In NK's case I don't think the populace is the same boiling kettle that one see's in other embattled nations, particularly those in the middle east who all argue in perpetuity over their various interpretations of the same religion. NK could be the same as South Korea if it was allowed to. The biggest question is what a certain neighbor named China intends. overthrowing NK would be a speed bump if China was not a factor.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:46 AM
Banned

send just 2 brothers to North Korea ,

nick names, Little Boy and Fat Man ,

POOF
Old 04-22-2017, 08:47 AM

All I gotta say is,
"Gotta love the smell of Napalm in the morning" !

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:48 AM

Default What good did it do the last time?

Let the Chinese strengthen this out to suit themselves.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsik View Post
Agreed. Just need to target him and his top deputies. Judging by his pudginess hit the McDonalds first.

The countries people have suffered enough, they do not need to suffer a war also.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:55 AM

The overall best thing for NK would be an effective coup. No need for outside involvement there, but of course that's not to say there wouldn't be.........
Old 04-22-2017, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
Let the Chinese strengthen this out to suit themselves.
The ONLY reason North Korea is STILL in existence and constantly has been a big PITA for sixty years solely rests on Communist China's financial and military support !
Old 04-22-2017, 09:07 AM

Once nuclear capability is gone, there is nothing to fight over...nip that bud and bluster don't count.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:29 AM

European countries open their borders and encourage refugees to walk on in even if they aren't from war torn countries. Russia and China, they have a different kind of hospitality. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rth-Korea.html
Old 04-22-2017, 11:20 AM

Russia has been massing heavy weapons on their border with NK as well.

China and Russia by land and the US by sea and air?

Marshall McLuhan
Old 04-22-2017, 11:50 AM

Nobody will do anything stupid because all sacrifices will be on South Korea side, not Moscow or Oklahoma.
I think damage NK can do to Seoul may be exaggerated and won't last long, but there will be damage. Makes USA or who ever starts it look really bad in the eyes of the allies in the region. Unless US is prepared to give complete control of the region to China, they will never risk all out war or anything provoking war over some threatening cartoons and aggressive BS in NK's propaganda.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-71 View Post
Nobody will do anything stupid because all sacrifices will be on South Korea side, not Moscow or Oklahoma.
I think damage NK can do to Seoul may be exaggerated and won't last long, but there will be damage. Makes USA or who ever starts it look really bad in the eyes of the allies in the region. Unless US is prepared to give complete control of the region to China, they will never risk all out war or anything provoking war over some threatening cartoons and aggressive BS in NK's propaganda.
Yep. In a nuclear situation, China/russia/whomever will try to sort it out.

If the US invades however, watch and see where Russia and China will stand.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary K View Post
We have fighters in Guam that got dropped theere within the last 2 weeks. According to a US Military buddy of mine.

I wouldn't call the source horribly reliable by any means so take that with a grain of salt

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Guam is 3400 Kms from North Korea. Not what you would call a strategic staging point considering how close US bases are in Japan.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:29 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
I hope no one goes

Here we go with that stupid "Nuke Them" card again

Take a look at a map of the area. Nuclear fallout would affect at least four other countries in the immediate area (South Korea, China, Japan, Russia). A Nuclear strike on North Korea is Not an option!
Old 04-22-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
Here we go with that stupid "Nuke Them" card again

Take a look at a map of the area. Nuclear fallout would affect at least four other countries in the immediate area (South Korea, China, Japan, Russia). A Nuclear strike on North Korea is Not an option!
Dont need a map. Been there

Id rather the nuke option than ONE Canadian flag draped coffin. And the further away Canadians are, the better.

We need to learn to mind our own business. We are not the worlds babysitter.

And if those other countries are concerned about nuclear fallout, I suggest they put their big girl panties on and deal with that guy. There's some incentive for them