Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-16-2017, 01:08 AM

Default Used bow value for possible sale

So, after almost 6 years I've come to the conclusion that as much as I tell myself otherwise, I most likely will never get around to spending the time with my bow that I need to so as to be proficient enough to hunt with it, let alone actually getting out and hunting. I guess I'm just a rifle guy after all.

So, while I've bought and sold countless rifles, shotguns and pistols over the years and have a pretty good grasp of the associated values, I have zero experience with used archery equipment. I know that with the latest and greatest coming out new every year, they generally don't hold value like a firearm but am curious just how bad it is. With that in mind, what would be a reasonable sale price for the following, all purchased new in 2011 and is in mint condition, probably shot a total of 150 times, if that even.

Quest Primal bow, 60-80 lbs, set at 70lbs, G-Fade finish
Spot Hogg Real Deal sight
QAD Ultra-Rest HDX rest
G5 MagLoc quiver
G5 meta peep
Stab of some sort, Trophy Ridge maybe?
Comes with a Plano hard case

Any input is appreciated, I'm really at a loss here. I think in the end if the value is super low I'll just end up keeping it, but want to get an idea anyways. Cheers
Old 04-16-2017, 06:19 AM

Darn thing about archery equipment is it's doesn't hold value like firearms because the models and technology changes so quickly. You likely are looking around $500-600ish for what you are selling, IMHO. The Quest bows are a good product but they are the "budget brand" from G5.

LC
Old 04-16-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Darn thing about archery equipment is it's doesn't hold value like firearms because the models and technology changes so quickly. You likely are looking around $500-600ish for what you are selling, IMHO. The Quest bows are a good product but they are the "budget brand" from G5.

LC
Thanks Kris, figured it would be somewhere around $600. Was wondering if, like a rifle sometimes with a decent scope, you're almost better off stripping the high priced components and selling separately, then selling the bare bow. I'll give it some thought. If you know anybody in the market let me know. Have also got a Scott release (Mongoose maybe?), a couple targets (Cabelas Outfitter Mag target bag and a block one for broadheads, plus about 11 arrows cut and knocked (Carbon Express maybe?) in an arrow case, and a variety of broadheads, target tips, etc... Complete package ready to go for someone just getting into the game.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:24 AM

In your case you would be better off to sell the accessories separately.

Recently I sold a 2013 Hoyt Spyder 34. It was loaded but a stripped in down and sold the accessories separately. I got $500 for the bare bow and once the sight sells I will be at over $400 for the accessories. There is no way I would have ever got $900+ as a package.

If the accessories are the cheaper, package type then you are better off selling with the bow, but in your case I would split it up. It my take a little longer and be a bit more work dealing with multiple buyers, but in my case the financial gain was worth it.