Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-23-2017, 07:58 PM

Default Ruby red f-150

I have noticed that the paint on my 2015 f-150 seems to look faded on the bottom half. A few people that have the same color and year have the same problem. Anything like that in your area?
Old 04-24-2017, 04:30 AM

I have a 2016 and haven't noticed anything yet. Thanks for the info
Old 04-24-2017, 05:19 AM
Banned

My 2013 f150 company trucks still looking same as day I got it no fading there my 2014 personal truck is same no sign of fading either
Old 04-24-2017, 05:31 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abenaki-warrior View Post
I have noticed that the paint on my 2015 f-150 seems to look faded on the bottom half. A few people that have the same color and year have the same problem. Anything like that in your area?
You bought the Saskatchewan version of red" roaster dink pink" it starts of red and with time, sun, dirt, salt it fades to Saskatchewan red.

I'd take her back in for a better coloured truck like " camo"

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-24-2017, 07:48 AM

Red paint has the most pigments in it, something like 22 so it is more prone to fading and oxidizing. Maybe you are using a soap that is compounding it. I had one of my employees leave a degreaser on a red truck too long in the sun and caused fading.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:07 AM
Banned

Am not sure if you are in the vicinity of any wind powered generators but is is thought by some that the sonic vibrations set off by these units, will cause some paint pigments to settle out...FWIW
Old 04-24-2017, 11:42 AM

No problems with my 2014
Old 04-24-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough doug View Post
Am not sure if you are in the vicinity of any wind powered generators but is is thought by some that the sonic vibrations set off by these units, will cause some paint pigments to settle out...FWIW
Newly implanted in late fall and winter, 12 are in operation about 10km's from where i live. Go by them 5-6 days a week.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:32 AM

Go to your dealer, paint has some limited warranty but it's tough to collect. Search some Ford forums and see if people have had this issue. There you will find out if Ford has a problem and better yet, if they are doing stuff about it.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:06 PM

Default No issues here

Ruby Red on my Ford looks like new with 90K on it.
kidd
Old 04-26-2017, 03:48 PM

You sure it isn't just chipped and scratched from driving over Dodges?
Old 04-26-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Go to your dealer, paint has some limited warranty but it's tough to collect. Search some Ford forums and see if people have had this issue. There you will find out if Ford has a problem and better yet, if they are doing stuff about it.

Agreed - nothing to lose by taking it in to a dealer. When it comes to warrantable cosmetics the decision isn't actually made at the dealership level anyway. They will snap photos and send them off to Ford of Canada for evaluation. Final say is up to the mothership.

In my experience the uptake can be hit and miss. I once repaired a late model Mustang which was either struck by lightning or boosted with 24+ v. All sorts of body electronics were shot including LED puddle lamps in the exterior mirrors and the HID ballasts in the head lamp assemblies. I had to take pictures of all these components multiple times just to convince Ford to let me replace them, because even though the damage wasn't cosmetic they still fell under the 'body' section of the warranty policy. It was painful, though eventually successful. And still there are other times where the muddiest, dirtiest, most rock beaten trucks come in with paint just flaking all around the fenders - repaired without question. There seems to be little rhyme or reason.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:50 AM

It is called " blushing paint ". Fm had it years ago and offered to reprint them maybe Ford will if they get enough complaints only happens to red
Old 04-27-2017, 09:13 AM

Smile 270 elk

The 89 ford was bad but they didn,t inform the owners about it
Old 04-28-2017, 01:53 AM

Toyota had a paint chip issue in their Tacomas a ways back too, had to go in and bug the dealer about it, they knew about it too, cheaped out on paint for those couple of years I guess.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:21 AM

My 2011 Fx4 had some ghost like shades in a portion of the tailgate. Small section, but still something that bothered me.

Brought it to the dealership and they said that it wasn't something that could be fixed as they couldn't take a clear picture of it...well no sh^% it won't come up on camera w/ flash on a black truck.

I got it buffed and it partially went away...but as a first taste of service two days in ownership back then on a brand new truck, wasn't impressed..
Old 04-29-2017, 06:38 PM

Well i will se what they say about it when it goes to have the front drive shaft and transfer case changed on the third. By then i should wash it again so the will see what it look's like. Once clean it still look's dirty.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abenaki-warrior View Post
Well i will se what they say about it when it goes to have the front drive shaft and transfer case changed on the third. By then i should wash it again so the will see what it look's like. Once clean it still look's dirty.
Yah ... while it's on the hoist they can check the paint better ... ruby red has a tinted clearcoat ...