Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2018, 05:41 PM
Banned

Here is the Liberal platform wrt firearms. Some of it has already occurred (ie. kicking out firearms lobbyists and replacing them with women's advocates on the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee). Any more than what is written here is a new venture against firearms owners.

We will take action to get handguns and assault weapons off our streets.

Over the last decade, Stephen Harper has steadily weakened our gun laws in ways that make Canadians more vulnerable and communities more dangerous.

We will take pragmatic action to make it harder for criminals to get, and use, handguns and assault weapons. We will:

repeal changes made by Bill C-42 that allow restricted and prohibited weapons to be freely transported without a permit, and we will put decision-making about weapons restrictions back in the hands of police, not politicians;

provide $100 million each year to the provinces and territories to support guns and gangs police task forces to take illegal guns off our streets and reduce gang violence;

modify the membership of the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee to include knowledgeable law enforcement officers, public health advocates, representatives from women’s groups, and members of the legal community;
require enhanced background checks for anyone seeking to purchase a handgun or other restricted firearm;

require purchasers of firearms to show a license when they buy a gun, and require all sellers of firearms to confirm that the license is valid before completing the sale;

require firearms vendors to keep records of all firearms inventory and sales to assist police in investigating firearms trafficking and other gun crimes;
immediately implement the imported gun marking regulations that have been repeatedly delayed by Stephen Harper; and

as part of our investment in border infrastructure, invest in technologies to enhance our border guards’ ability to detect and halt illegal guns from the United States entering into Canada.

We will not create a new national long-gun registry to replace the one that has been dismantled.

We will ensure that Canada becomes a party to the international Arms Trade Treaty.

https://www.liberal.ca/realchange/guns/
Old 03-13-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post

We will not create a new national long-gun registry to replace the one that has been dismantled.

We will ensure that Canada becomes a party to the international Arms Trade Treaty.

https://www.liberal.ca/realchange/guns/
I hate to say it but if you read the ATT info the UN site has it requires that all firearms, ammunition and components for the making of ammunition to be tracked. In short it would be a back door registry and ban on a lot of our gear.

On top of that I just talked to one of the MP's from Qc in Edmonton visiting empress Notley, he's one of those scared of things in that bill and only would tell me it could start some "nasty **** not seen since Germany in the 1930's."

The next few months are going to be very interesting.

All it takes is for one man to misinterpret something and he can start a war that lasts for decades.
Anonymous
Old 03-13-2018, 06:11 PM
Banned

I'm going to wait until a bill is actually tabled before I get to excited but being that I live in Bonnyville and we run blue what other options are there for someone to do something other than writing their mp as I already know mine will stand against this?
Old 03-13-2018, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakker282 View Post
On top of that I just talked to one of the MP's from Qc in Edmonton visiting empress Notley, he's one of those scared of things in that bill and only would tell me it could start some "nasty **** not seen since Germany in the 1930's."
I hope that it is the most ridiculous, draconian legislation imaginable that leads to Justin's demise......only to be reversed by Andrew Sheer. Short term pain for long term gain.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakker282 View Post
I hate to say it but if you read the ATT info the UN site has it requires that all firearms, ammunition and components for the making of ammunition to be tracked. In short it would be a back door registry and ban on a lot of our gear.

The next few months are going to be very interesting.
I don’t think that he’s afraid of what happened in Germany in the ‘30’s, he’s afraid of losing his job. Many Liberal MP’s represent constituents in rural areas and if the MP’s are forced to toe the party line on this issue they risk getting voted out. Justin has already bullied a rookie, rural Liberal MP who dared speak out for his constituents and this issue will undoubtedly divide the Liberals. I hope that Justin goes full blown gun grab crazy because it’ll lead to his downfall just like the long gun registry did. Once Scheer is elected it’ll all be reversed.