Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-29-2013, 03:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxercross View Post
So you would just set your tripod up in the center of a range road and shoot from there I guess your another ethical hunter
That is not what he said at all.
Your response sure does support what he actually did say though.

Ya can't do anything about looking.
Its not your road or your view although...you seem to think it is.

Maybe they were just pulling your leg because you were being a nosey parker.
Maybe not.
How many of us have stopped on a range road to look at an animal on land that we didn't have permission to access?

Probably everyone.

How many have been grilled by some guy who thinks they owe him some sort of explaination?

Not many I'd imagine.

Now...if some guy pulls up looking tense and starts asking me questions that are in fact none of his damn business... I might just feed him a line as well.

Whatcha doing?

Hunting elephants...

Sometimes I just tell em none of their damn bussiness.

It sort of depends on my mood at the time and more importantly...their approach.

If you approached them...assuming they were up to something...the same way you assumed something about C Tayor...for the thinnest of reasons then maybe you got the backs up a bit and they reacted....just sayin.... maybe think about that.

Someone said set back and see what happens and they were right.

They'll either poach and trespass or they won't but you cannot do anything about what someone might do...until they actually do it.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlercarver View Post
Parking on the road and looking over fields they have NO permission is like drooling over another mans wife. Low class or no class
So when you ask permission to hunt on someones land you don't do that based upon the animals that you've observed on that land?

Do you drive out with a blindfold on or does your mom take you?
Old 11-29-2013, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejay7320 View Post
here's problem with telling hunters to leave or you can't hunt here or charging them with trespassing or just getting them out right mad....i realize that it is your land,but you can not patrol your land 365 days 24 hrs...eg...there's a old time farmer that reported a truck trespassing on his land up where i hunt...the hunter new that the farmer called him in...
the hunter was charged end of story...nope...farmer brown has a flat tire every month for the next year...why...nails where scattered all over his drive way...
a year later his fence line was cut in 20 different spots...middle of summer a cow was shot 3 years after the trespassing thing....

so what is the farmer to do???can't prove that it was the trespasser...
i guessing it cost the farmer 3500-4000 dollars over a buck that was shot on his land....
Yup, it's just not worth it. When guys ask me, I always tell em, that there's three or four other guys hunting there, but go ahead if you like, it's usually a good deterrent. And I always say foot access only, and if you get something, i'll come get it with tractor or I'll go help if I can cause I don't idiots driving all over my field. And usually once there's one set of tracks, guys think its a fricken highway, and think access is open to all.
But yeah, is it really worth all the headache over a buck? Well, not really.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:32 AM

When all you road warriors out there that stop, back-up, drive ahead, back-up again, spin off because some is coming down the road, Do you not think that you might just be scaring the game away that a hunter maybe sitting and watching. Kinda getting out when numb nuts that drive around during hunting season in an area were they dame well know they aint getting permission, You guys can argue till your balls drop and it still aint right or ethical. So F-OFF
Old 11-29-2013, 06:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruttnbuckcojack View Post
When all you road warriors out there that stop, back-up, drive ahead, back-up again, spin off because some is coming down the road, Do you not think that you might just be scaring the game away that a hunter maybe sitting and watching. Kinda getting out when numb nuts that drive around during hunting season in an area were they dame well know they aint getting permission, You guys can argue till your balls drop and it still aint right or ethical. So F-OFF
when i see some big game animals in a field i can't help but take a second look. i'll even pull over to glass them to see exactly whats there even if i have no intention of shooting one. your telling me this is wrong and unethical? thats funny.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
So when you ask permission to hunt on someones land you don't do that based upon the animals that you've observed on that land?

Do you drive out with a blindfold on or does your mom take you?
Ha , Funny I agree with this.

This post has started to be so unreasonable that it is not funny anymore, Honestly this is how most people think??

I also Agree with,

How many of us have stopped on a range road to look at an animal on land that we didn't have permission to access?

Probably everyone.

How many have been grilled by some guy who thinks they owe him some sort of explaination?

Not many I'd imagine.

Now...if some guy pulls up looking tense and starts asking me questions that are in fact none of his damn business... I might just feed him a line as well.

Whatcha doing?

Hunting elephants...

Sometimes I just tell em none of their damn bussiness.

It sort of depends on my mood at the time and more importantly...their approach.

If you approached them...assuming they were up to something...the same way you assumed something about C Tayor...for the thinnest of reasons then maybe you got the backs up a bit and they reacted....just sayin.... maybe think about that.

Someone said set back and see what happens and they were right.

They'll either poach and trespass or they won't but you cannot do anything about what someone might do...until they actually do it.

And Finally "" Yes"" if your wife is strutting around in the open with a big rack in clear view, most people will be looking"" Just saying!!
Old 11-29-2013, 08:58 AM

I walk in on private property to my blind every day 1/2 a mile from the road i have sole permission on the land and got it in writitng. I take my video camera with me every time and enjoy the experience until the other day when i video taped a blue pickup truck drive in right in my shooting lane at 100 yards. I got great video of the buck crossing as the truck pulled into view. I am so disappointed i went all season same place every day videoed over 90 deer and several moose waiting patiently for the right buck for me and this happened. I have the evidence and i think i am upset enough this time to maybe try to set an example. Think i'll lock all the gates next year. Just thought i would share my story
Old 11-29-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlercarver View Post
Parking on the road and looking over fields they have NO permission is like drooling over another mans wife. Low class or no class
Lol.
But, but. What normally happens is she is drooling over me.
So while I'm saying no no no, she's sayin yes yes yes.

Stop working 90 hours a week and she won't go looking elsewhere.
Just sayin! Lol

Some times the fields pick me, I don't pick them. And sometimes the
Deer pick me, I don't pick them.
And sometimes a landowner calls me, I don't call them
And sometimes the wife....
Lol
Hey, what a crazy thread.
I have a hard time believing some ppl think its wrong to stop and have a look at an animal on private land.
Do you all realize that deer move, they migrate around.
So, someone might want to look at a deer on private land that will be on public the next day.
Unreal guys.
Give your heads a shake.
Why are some of you guys so tight?
Trying to make diamonds for the missus?

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 11-29-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignixs View Post
Your still on this, you truly arguing that someone should not be allowed to look at an animal from the road

You seem pretty sensitive about this issue Public road is a public road, if you came up to me acting like this while I was checking out a deer in a field I would tell you to pound sand to or feed you a line as well.
Lol you just dont get do ya, when ya know and or see that the property is being hunted, yourr still going to stop and chance scaring the game away. Your an idiot!!! And for pounding sand buddy I amagine we'll meet up sometime mr bear berry
Old 11-29-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejay7320 View Post
here's problem with telling hunters to leave or you can't hunt here or charging them with trespassing or just getting them out right mad....i realize that it is your land,but you can not patrol your land 365 days 24 hrs...eg...there's a old time farmer that reported a truck trespassing on his land up where i hunt...the hunter new that the farmer called him in...
the hunter was charged end of story...nope...farmer brown has a flat tire every month for the next year...why...nails where scattered all over his drive way...
a year later his fence line was cut in 20 different spots...middle of summer a cow was shot 3 years after the trespassing thing....

so what is the farmer to do???can't prove that it was the trespasser...
i guessing it cost the farmer 3500-4000 dollars over a buck that was shot on his land....
I swear you must know my family, because that is exactly what happend to us. But it doesnt chnage my mind, i would still call inthe poaching SOB again.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignixs View Post
Lol. wow no wonder guys in your area are not getting along with you, you seem a little bits crazy. Come on by for a cup of coffee anytime you like and I can listen to your crazy rants great entertainment.

You really believe that a guy should not look at a deer from the road, if so your out to lunch
Okay I might be a bit crazy but. Its getting beyond frustrating to sit in a spot all day then somone drives up scares all the game. I park the truck in the same spot so everyone know field is ocopied. Im afraid of getting shot cause some shots at something in my direction. And for the coffee, sure if you wanna hear a guy rant a bitt
Old 11-29-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Lol you just dont get do ya, when ya know and or see that the property is being hunted, yourr still going to stop and chance scaring the game away. Your an idiot!!! And for pounding sand buddy I amagine we'll meet up sometime mr bear berry
I truly feel you need to take a break from what is troubling you and start enjoying your time in the field more... Your posts are a little over the top and if nothing illegal is being done, you must accept this and carry on in a positive manor.

When we loose the "fun" factor of any recreational activity, well then it is time to revisit why we continue down this corrosive road..

I could tell many a tale about my season and how it has been tough, but I just laugh it off, restructure my approach and get back out there...

Best of luck to you.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Okay I might be a bit crazy but. Its getting beyond frustrating to sit in a spot all day then somone drives up scares all the game. I park the truck in the same spot so everyone know field is ocopied.
Sometimes.....that's hunting. You win some, you lose some, and every now and then...you score some....In my experience, farmland field deer usually don't go far when a vehicle drives by, and stops. They come back, and often bring friends with them.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should hunt further away from the road! Your an idiot! An hour ago I was driving to my spot for the afternoon hunt that is in the bush away from a road, and I spotted a 170 class mule buck in a field I didn't have permission, I stopped backed up glassed him with my binoculars, took a few pictures, marked down on my landowners map and carried on , the fact is I don't know if anybody is hunting those deer at that moment and I don't care it's a road and I can stop and look at wildlife if I so please. Get a grip bud.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nice attitude....

How does a guy who is out scouting around know that he will not get permission before he even has a chance to ask?

Why would anyone ask for permission to hunt land in an area that he had not driven around in scouting about a bit?

Do you really think one more truck on a range road is making that much difference to game?

What happens when a guy pulls over and watches a deer and some paranoid over reactiionary local pulls up fast...gravel flying... and then pops out of the truck loudly demanding to know what they are up to?

Would that scare game?

Most of the deer that folks notice within a field would typically be pretty darn close to the road for some guy to be thoinking about shooting....wouldn't they?

Finally... do you have a crystal ball?
I don't.
Thats why I and I suspect most others would have no idea whether or not someone is actively hunting an animal that I just happened to see along a range road.

If I did have a crystal ball though.... I'd probably avoid that road and call SRD because again... in most instances they would be too close to the road to be shooting anyway.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Okay I might be a bit crazy but. Its getting beyond frustrating to sit in a spot all day then somone drives up scares all the game. I park the truck in the same spot so everyone know field is ocopied. Im afraid of getting shot cause some shots at something in my direction. And for the coffee, sure if you wanna hear a guy rant a bitt
Yah I agree with one thing, you are liekly crazy. Might not have to cry so loud if you hunted further off the road....I take my camera with me and if I see some nice animals while driving I stop and take pictures, if me stopping on the road interrupts your hunt....you need to use your boots more.

Last time I checked looking at animals in a field/taking pictures is not illegal, immoral, or unethical.

LC
Old 11-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
So a truck parked in farm country that is visable from the road means...the field is being hunted and no looking?

I often stop just to see if the guy is near by and not looking too busy so I can ask permission for another time.

Now... the grain trucks and tractors they are usually in when I find em have high cabs so I never saw a gun but...I suppose they could have been hunting...

Also... if you are worried about shots from the road.... shouldn't we all be worried about you hunting that close to a road?

Or do your bullets not travel as far as a poachers?