Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 06:29 AM

Yup it's pretty sad the changes but change must come. The government of the day missed the opportunity 10-15 yrs ago and the destruction had become the new normal.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenaturalwoodsman View Post
The pavement starts next week on the first 20 kilometres, and the Food trucks are scheduled for July 1st. 30,000 more cattle are on order as well.

Sad Days ahead.
30000 , more cattle? Your making that up , link please.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:35 AM

its true.

first 1000 came in last weekend
Attached Images
File Type: jpg livingston.jpg (52.0 KB, 88 views)
Old 06-01-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
its true.

first 1000 came in last weekend
There are not new or more cattle coming in , what is arriving is cattle that have had grazing permits for decades. Permits that are distributed by rangeland agrologists and biologists who have done tons of study. That number is not for the the porcupines but for the whole eastern slopes , many different ranges. Little cherry picking going on ? Graze it , log it , or watch it burn. Go ahead and fire away now.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:33 AM

that's a great strategy to help the trout and grizzly habitat,,,,,

That is what the NDP is stating why all these changes are required, remember?
Old 06-01-2018, 11:35 AM

There is not actually a plan to pave the trunk road north of Coleman through the Livingstone correct? I looked around the internet, couldn't find such information, I believe I was tricked. Everyone and their dog already fish those parts, couldn't imagine how many more folks a paved road would bring in.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddisfly7 View Post
There is not actually a plan to pave the trunk road north of Coleman through the Livingstone correct? I looked around the internet, couldn't find such information, I believe I was tricked. Everyone and their dog already fish those parts, couldn't imagine how many more folks a paved road would bring in.
I was at a business in Coleman yesterday. The guy waved his arm from west to east covering the mountains in the whole valley on the south side of the highway. He said you see that? no camping
Old 06-01-2018, 12:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
I was at a business in Coleman yesterday. The guy waved his arm from west to east covering the mountains in the whole valley on the south side of the highway. He said you see that? no camping
Why would he say that? The level of misinformation is crazy
Old 06-01-2018, 12:32 PM
Banned

Sorry cut off before I could finish post.

Map shows a bunch of random camping zones still allowed on roads throughout Castle Park - https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/2349...-map-guide.pdf

Business as usual south and west of Coleman that is not a park

Plus parks campgrounds,

Plus lots of random camping allowed in Livingstone

And you can pitch a tent anywhere.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Bet hes so happy with this mess....
Alot of businesses in the Pass are gonna hurt...
Old 06-01-2018, 01:43 PM

they need to retool.

run food trucks up and down the paved trunk road
Old 06-01-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribou75 View Post
Sorry cut off before I could finish post.

Map shows a bunch of random camping zones still allowed on roads throughout Castle Park - https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/2349...-map-guide.pdf

Business as usual south and west of Coleman that is not a park

Plus parks campgrounds,

Plus lots of random camping allowed in Livingstone

And you can pitch a tent anywhere.
If you look at the map you are talking about south of highway 3 dated 2017 and the designated summer trails there is a big difference between that map and the Livingston
Public Land Use map dated May 2018. There is going to be lots of confusion until these maps are all sorted out. I talked to a guy yesterday who had no idea that you can no longer quad on the east side of the Kananaskis highway from Coleman to Livingston falls.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
If you look at the map you are talking about south of highway 3 dated 2017 and the designated summer trails there is a big difference between that map and the Livingston
Public Land Use map dated May 2018. There is going to be lots of confusion until these maps are all sorted out. I talked to a guy yesterday who had no idea that you can no longer quad on the east side of the Kananaskis highway from Coleman to Livingston falls.
Thats the problem....
Even if you know the trails that are "legal" they are not marked from what Im told.
The map on line is almost useless
People are already saying f...k it and just not going there

Last edited by madatter; 06-01-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landowner View Post
30000 , more cattle? Your making that up , link please.

I was wondering where all the cowboys were, been pretty quiet on here, I guess you guys been busy unloading 1000's of beef at there "home away from home"
Old 06-01-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madatter View Post
Thats the problem....
Even if you know the trails that are "legal" they are not marked from what Im told.
The map on line is almost useless
People are already saying f...k it and just not going there
Exactly. It’s so poorly marked and explained. I’m all for following the rules (that’s why we’re in this mess after all) but when you have no idea of a trail is open or off limits, it makes it tough.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenaturalwoodsman View Post
I was wondering where all the cowboys were, been pretty quiet on here, I guess you guys been busy unloading 1000's of beef at there "home away from home"
Ya I finally had to correct you , you sure been throwing out a lot of bait. Your comments are hardly worth answering.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
Exactly. It’s so poorly marked and explained. I’m all for following the rules (that’s why we’re in this mess after all) but when you have no idea of a trail is open or off limits, it makes it tough.
I heard the new rule for trails is that only the open ones are marked, If its not marked its considered closed....
Not sure if its factual tho
Old 06-01-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cuz1 View Post
I heard the new rule for trails is that only the open ones are marked, If its not marked its considered closed....
Not sure if its factual tho
so the top end of the Atlas road goes to north fork pass. But it is not marked in green but can we ride up the top end of the Atlas road to get to the pass to go over to the B.C. side?
Does anyone know if the B.C. side of the pass is now closed because of the strip mine has moved closer to the pass
There are areas in green at window mountain can we ride up the Atlas road to get to the next green area at the snowmobile shelter?
Old 06-01-2018, 06:47 PM

Yes. That way they ensure they can do as little as possible for signage(put three or four big maps on the main entrances to the area) but still convict you. Remember, ignorance is no excuse.

"Your honour, the accused drove right past the sign explaining where the designated trails are when he entered the area"
Old 06-01-2018, 06:56 PM

And don't forget, they can't just put up "no motorized vehicles beyond this point" because it's only "recreational users" that are banned. Ranchers, First Nation, biologist, MD personnel, provincial contractors, forestry, F and W, outfitters and fire watch are not recreational users. They get to go in at any time.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:10 AM

Default Loss

I have spent my whole life growing up in the Livingston range. They are worried about the use of off road vehicles? yet they let the spray lakes sawmill carve a road where ever they want to harvest the timber. I seen the aftermath of erosion in lost creek after the timber harvest an they are worried about the trail system that is 95 percent rocks. For the guys that don’t like hunting fishing hiking around motorized vehicles there is plenty of places to go I frequently use both areas. Some get it some don’t, taking away opportunities one at a time using outdoorsmen against each other. I owne a trap line in a non motorized vehicle area, an the logging company doing its thing caused more harm to the land than all the quads an motor bikes in Alberta could do. Taking away 80 percent of the trails in these areas is a big loss to allot of people. I don’t dought that it will be compleatly closed in the future like the castle area.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landowner View Post
Ya I finally had to correct you , you sure been throwing out a lot of bait. Your comments are hardly worth answering.

Correct Me? Get sorting and hauling your cattle in there, enjoy the free Roam while you still can.
Closed Thread