Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Banned

Default Calgary VRS Sask

So.. Any predictions on the game this Afternoon?
Weather looks great. Sask hasnt had a home playoff game in about 1500 years..
My heart is allways with the Stamps... Unfortunatly my $$$ will stay in my pocket.
But who the heck knows.. Welcome to the CFL

Jamie
Old 11-11-2007, 01:21 PM

RoughRiders all the way!!
Old 11-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Banned

Tough call jamie,, but I think the Riders will pull it off.. Calgary will fold as a team unit once again.. To many hero's on the team not enough team players... But it all is for nothing anyways as there is no one in the league that can come close to B.C.. They stand alone and will for a couple years to come yet I'm afraid..
Old 11-11-2007, 01:47 PM
700TI

There's some real football on the tube today (NFL)
Old 11-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
There's some real football on the tube today (NFL)

Yah real football what is it ?? 5, 6 downs played on a pool table.. Again people mistake money for heart and soul.. I'll take my far,, I say far supperior game of CFL any day thx.. We all seen what their star running back did in Toronto ehh what a joke...
Old 11-11-2007, 02:50 PM
700TI

A superior game would not allow a team to win by failure. (missed field goal in a tie game). This is only one example of inferior "football". Overtime is not sudden death. What's up with that!!!. You only get 3 downs because the defense is so poor. Ricky Williams had to take drugs to play in the CFL.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Banned

What ??? nothing of what you said even makes sense... Do you even watch the game... Do you understand how football is played.. You are the first person I have ever talked to that says the money league is better than the CFL.. They do have better players,, that's what money buys,, but if its the game we are talking about,, if you have any idea what a football game is,, there is no comparison.. The CFL is a far better played game and a much more entertaining game to watch...
Old 11-11-2007, 03:25 PM
700TI

You funny
Let me explain:
1. If the stamps are tied with the esks with 2 seconds to go in the game, and the stamps attempt a field goal from the 20 yd line and miss, the ball goes out of play. The stamps win because they get 1 point for failing.
2. If the same stamps are tied with the esks after regulation time, and the stamps score, The esks still get a chance or 2 to score also.
3. Hopefully the other 2 statements are self explanatory.
4. Do you happen to be a Phlegms fan also? See below.

Last edited by 700TI; 11-11-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Banned

You not
Old 11-11-2007, 03:42 PM

I too enjoy the NFL version over the CFL.

Any league that rewards failure is not much of a league. (Single point for a missed field goal if it goes out of the end zone or the other team takes a knee) Be like giving them 4 points for dropping a catch in the endzone. Hey they were close so lets give them something for it. Or in hockey if the hit the post they get half a goal.

Biggest downfall though in my mind for the CFL is way too much punting it seems. 2 and out, 2 and out gets rather boring to me.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:15 PM

i don't agree witht he 1 point for a missed field goal either...but i also don't like the fair catch rule in the NFL...if you don't want to get hit....don't play football nancyboy.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:41 PM

All I can say is the right two teams won, the same to as we will all watch play at the end of the month
Old 11-11-2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
I too enjoy the NFL version over the CFL.

Any league that rewards failure is not much of a league.
I would assume you apply the same rule to NHL hockey? One point for a loss. Can't be more backwards than that.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:34 PM
700TI

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
I would assume you apply the same rule to NHL hockey? One point for a loss. Can't be more backwards than that.
That is also a crap rule. You can play .500 and lose every game. I wonder who thought that up? It's on par with the missed field goal for one point.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:55 PM
700TI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
i don't agree witht he 1 point for a missed field goal either...but i also don't like the fair catch rule in the NFL...if you don't want to get hit....don't play football nancyboy.
In the CFL they don't let you get within 5 yards of the "catcher". If they did there would be quite a few little guys begging for the fair catch.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:50 PM
TundraBuck

It'll be great if the riders end up playing the bombers, talk about a rivalry!!!
Old 11-11-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700TI View Post
In the CFL they don't let you get within 5 yards of the "catcher". If they did there would be quite a few little guys begging for the fair catch.
agreed, but after the catcher touches the ball he is fair game.......you pay a guy millions a year to go out and raise his hand and catch a ball...?? cause he is scared of getting hit?
Old 11-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Banned

Did either team really want to win that game??

Up and down and all around... If you like good football, you shouldn't have watched this game.. If like excitement and who the heck knows what is going to happen next.. Well it will not get any better than this.

The Football Gods wanted Calgary to win this game.. Unfortunately, Calgary was not listening.. Or watching.. Or playing..

BC destroys Sask next week if they play this way.

Oh well, here is to another wacky and crazy season here in Calgary..

Jamie
Old 11-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Banned

OH..
And as for comparing NFL to CFL...
CFL has it hands down.. I would rather watch Ed play Ham than watch the Super Bore.

The rules are designed to make the CFL a much Superior game. But we don't have the $$ to pay the great athletes.. Its OK.. The CFL is still the most entertaining in North America.

Jamie
Old 11-12-2007, 08:30 PM

The only really surprising thing about the outcome was how close the score was. I only watched the last half which was the one the Stamps were good in.

I personally feel badly for Tom Higgins about the coaching chance press leak. Very Busch league and unprofessional, and hopefully someone loses their job because of it!

On the flip side, John Huffneggel is my buddie's Godfather so good seats will abound next year! Expect MAJOR changes.......again.

Good luck Sask, you have a fun QB to watch there, but BC is going to eat you up! However is it just me, or is there something just wrong with the western final being played indoors? Ya need -25c and snow for that game, NOT t-shirts!

As for CFL vs NFL....

CFL=Superior game, inferior ahteletes
NFL= Superior atheletes, and an inferior game

It would be cool to see the NFL adapt to the CFL game!

Ususally though, I spend my free Sundays watching NASCAR! Now that is a ton of fun!

Tree
Old 11-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Banned

Well i think the little city team did pretty good taking on a provincial team.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:19 AM

The NFL is talking about adopting the O/T change that the CFL has.
It is a very fair way to go in O/T.
US college already does this in O/T,
But you know how our friends south of the border are, if they don't invent it, well they'll likely dwell in the coin flip O/T for a while yet where 75+% of the first posession wins the game.

TBark