Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-03-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansgunsghandi View Post
And if you tell your kids, "Pot is illegal, it leads to DEATH!!" then they're going to watch about 80 percent of the kids in their school smoke a joint and survive. This would lead any thinking kid to say, "Pop is a great guy, but he is entirely clueless about reality. I mean, he said it was OK to drink beer sometimes, but my friend died when he drove his car into a tree... "

Kids need facts and solid decision making skills, not scare-mongering nonsense. I have yet to see anyone smoke a joint and start a fight. You can see how alcohol does that in pretty much any bar on Saturday night. Pot smokers don't in general beat their spouses when high. Pot is in almost all ways a far superior drug to alcohol, it's just that one is legal and one isn't, and there's no good reason for it. I am far more afraid of my kids drinking than smoking a joint at a bush party. Alcohol really ruins your judgement, pot just makes you too lazy to do much of anything destructive...

People will always take drugs, that's reality. Some will be legal (prescription stuff is an epidemic), some won't, but to expect that we'll all become Mormons is unlikely. And I know a fair number of Mormons who smoke anyhow, plus all the prescription meds...
On one had you say kids need the facts to make solid decisions...and then you say you don't care about them smoking pot at a party. That is sad. The skills you are feeding your kids is so full of holes your are setting them up to fail unless you get lucky. I hope for your kids sake...they get lucky.

You seem to be clueless on actually what happens. Of those 80% of the kids...some will now try coke, hash, estasy or worse...meth or crack. When you are doing pot...you don't think well. You are buying drugs through a network where the sellers WANT your kids to be on meth. Higher profits. Take the pot out of the dealers hands...do you think they go away. No...they predate on those kids getting the pot legal and work them over to do the hard stuff. That is what Holland found.

I will tell my kids the truth. You will see kids try pot...some will feel good...some will feel paranoid some will feel hungry...some will like it so much they don't want reality any more. They go from pot heads to meth heads. They die on the street. Your option are to man up and not be a wussy and show some balls. You think you require a drug to make you cool...because it does not. Most kids do it out of peer pressure...their friends are doing it and they want you to try. Raise your kids right with confidence and the facts and hope to GOD they make the right decision. Seeing your kid at the coroner can not be a fun Sunday outing with the family. Doing pot makes you a complete utter loser and an idiot. Defend against that...

Have fun

Sun
Old 07-03-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
On one had you say kids need the facts to make solid decisions...and then you say you don't care about them smoking pot at a party. That is sad. The skills you are feeding your kids is so full of holes your are setting them up to fail unless you get lucky. I hope for your kids sake...they get lucky.

You seem to be clueless on actually what happens. Of those 80% of the kids...some will now try coke, hash, estasy or worse...meth or crack. When you are doing pot...you don't think well. You are buying drugs through a network where the sellers WANT your kids to be on meth. Higher profits. Take the pot out of the dealers hands...do you think they go away. No...they predate on those kids getting the pot legal and work them over to do the hard stuff. That is what Holland found.

I will tell my kids the truth. You will see kids try pot...some will feel good...some will feel paranoid some will feel hungry...some will like it so much they don't want reality any more. They go from pot heads to meth heads. They die on the street. Your option are to man up and not be a wussy and show some balls. You think you require a drug to make you cool...because it does not. Most kids do it out of peer pressure...their friends are doing it and they want you to try. Raise your kids right with confidence and the facts and hope to GOD they make the right decision. Seeing your kid at the coroner can not be a fun Sunday outing with the family. Doing pot makes you a complete utter loser and an idiot. Defend against that...

Have fun

Sun
x100
couldn't have said it any better than that...
Old 07-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Gone Hunting

If drugs are legalized. would they still be addictive?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 07-03-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
If drugs are legalized. would they still be addictive?
LMAO
Nope no more than tobacco or alcohol
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
I will vote to legalize all drugs right after they legalize citizens hunting down and eliminating druggies who rob and steal and break into houses
This is truly an inspired post, a sort of live and let live but with a warning
Guy Fawkes and his companions
Did the scheme contrive,
To blow the king and parliament
All up alive!
Eat, Drink, and be merry for tomorrow we shall surely die
Certified tinfoil hat wearing redneck.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Nova *!% View Post
LMAO
Nope no more than tobacco or alcohol
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
I will vote to legalize all drugs right after they legalize citizens hunting down and eliminating druggies who rob and steal and break into houses
This is truly an inspired post, a sort of live and let live but with a warning
Yup. If u wanna do drugs and spend your own money, fine. If you try to rob me, or break into my home or vehicle to steal to support your habit, I only hope Im home when you try. You will never do it again

As for judging people, thats not up to me. I dont do drugs but if you do, and manage to do it peacefully I couldnt care less.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Gone Hunting

"Nope no more than tobacco or alcohol"

OK

So someone on meth or coke or any other drug is only using cause it's illegal?

There's a push to have free needles, free dope and injection sites all paid for by the government. If tobacco and alcohol are as dangerous as drugs, does anyone know where I can go to get free cold beers. or how about some of the hard stuff. Do you think they would have Forty Creek.

It seems like discrimination to me.

The gov. will buy me hard drugs but not a cold beer.

Do you think the guys who run the meth labs did good in high school chemistry?

Old 07-03-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
"Nope no more than tobacco or alcohol"

OK

So someone on meth or coke or any other drug is only using cause it's illegal?

There's a push to have free needles, free dope and injection sites all paid for by the government. If tobacco and alcohol are as dangerous as drugs, does anyone know where I can go to get free cold beers. or how about some of the hard stuff. Do you think they would have Forty Creek.

It seems like discrimination to me.

The gov. will buy me hard drugs but not a cold beer.

Do you think the guys who run the meth labs did good in high school chemistry?
Red' I was not trying to make fun of you
I've been told by heroin addicts that they were "hooked" the first time they used it, from personal experience meth works the same way and that life is a living HELL.
But to put it into perspective, I have successfully abstained from street drugs for coming on 8 years, only taking prescribed medicine when I broke my heel.
I had quit smoking for three months and yet here I am typing this with a smoke in my hand again. Just one anecdotal perspective on addictive drugs
Did the scheme contrive,
All up alive!
Old 07-03-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Red' I was not trying to make fun of you
I've been told by heroin addicts that they were "hooked" the first time they used it, from personal experience meth works the same way and that life is a living HELL.
But to put it into perspective, I have successfully abstained from street drugs for coming on 8 years, only taking prescribed medicine when I broke my heel.
I had quit smoking for three months and yet here I am typing this with a smoke in my hand again. Just one anecdotal perspective on addictive drugs
trying to link cigarettes and alcohol and even caffeine to meth, crack and pot is like say fishing is the same as golfing. There will always be an addict that begs to keep using cause someone can have a beer and a cigarette.

It is a lame excuse without any substance. Unfortunately most people downtown Calgary can not pick out a meth addict over a lunch time shopper...but they think they know enough to say pot is good...so have fun at the bush party kids.

I think that is awesome you gave up street drugs. The fact you can not give up cigarettes is only proof you are unfortunately saddled with genes that predispose you to addiction. As such you are even more at risk of street drugs. Thousands of kids trying legalized pot will go down the same slope to ruin if they are encouraged to try it. Making it legal is encouraging them regardless what you tell them at home...they are teenagers and full of hormones...

Same thing works with kids. They start with cigarettes...move to pot...then move to hash...then move to coke and then meth. It is a path few can deviate once they have walked down it a ways.

Believe in yourself but understand you are not a rock and rely on the help of others. If it helps...everyone on this forum desperately wants you to not give in. If you are ever in need of someone to tell you to not start again...PM me and I will tell you to be strong. I am sure others will also offer there PM support!

Sun
Old 07-03-2011, 12:41 PM

Wow,I really appreciate the support.
And yes I am predisposed to addictions, if I remember the story right I was less than two when I had my first shot of hard liquor and downed it just like my da'.less than five;my first cigarette(got the nickname "smoky" from that)started smoking at 9,pot at the same time.
I am surrounded by kids at work that smoke pot, do xtc on the weekends and any matter of drug they can find. I have been offered more times than I can count.It is a matter of integrity and some pride that I continue to abstain,besides I found hell to be a dark lonely place and I don't ever want to go back, not even to visit
Did the scheme contrive,
All up alive!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
less than two when I had my first shot of hard liquor and downed it just like my da'.
less than five;my first cigarette
started smoking at 9,pot at the same time.

That is absolutely disgusting, I truly feel for you. If I EVER saw garbage Like that there would be people in jail and the hospital. I am sure I would be in 1 or the other for inflicting, but I guarantee I would not be the only one.

I hope you raise(d) your children smarter than you were raised. If it was not your parents that did this to you, or allowed it to happen to you, where were they when this was happening?

Sick. Disturbing.

I still say take ALL the users, sellers, producers, and send them to the next dimension. DRUGS ARE A PLAGUE ON CIVILIZATION AND MUST BE STOPPED AT ALL COSTS.

Anyone disagreeing with that either sells or uses it.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Gone Hunting

So Nova *!%, I never thought that for a second. We are just having a discussion. Lots of different people with lots of different perspectives. I was just offering another. Plus the thought of free cold beer has a certain appeal

I echo Sundancefisher's support. I have nothing but admiration for someone who can kick any bad habit. I had friends on heroin and they kicked. I also have a friend who had two of hs kids hooked on meth. Absolutely stable family and two out of three kids on drugs. The third kid is an absolute delight.
They did manage to get the two on the right road, but it was not easy and was not cheap. Thank fully things are much better today but it was a tough few years.

I know how hard it is to quit tobacco or alcohol, as again I've had friends quit it. And it ain't easy my friend.

I have a beer once in a while or maybe a drink of Forty Creek, but I happen to like the taste. I've never drunk anything to get buzzed so in spite of what you might read on the 'net. a case of beer or a bottle lasts a long time around this place.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Wow,I really appreciate the support.
And yes I am predisposed to addictions, if I remember the story right I was less than two when I had my first shot of hard liquor and downed it just like my da'.less than five;my first cigarette(got the nickname "smoky" from that)started smoking at 9,pot at the same time.
I am surrounded by kids at work that smoke pot, do xtc on the weekends and any matter of drug they can find. I have been offered more times than I can count.It is a matter of integrity and some pride that I continue to abstain,besides I found hell to be a dark lonely place and I don't ever want to go back, not even to visit
Stay strong brother! As fishermen we are a community and a family and we should all support our brothers and sisters in their time of need. I think the best therapy you can give yourself is being outdoors and away from bars and bad influences.

You have come to the light side of the force. Stay with us and you will still be around in 20 years fishing!...and maybe there will be a few quality lakes for you to catch easy bigguns in
Old 07-03-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
...and maybe there will be a few quality lakes for you to catch easy bigguns in

dont forget that these places will have shopping centres and will be no more than 1/2 hour from any one persons house that lives in a town or city with a population of 500,000 people or more......
Old 07-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Gone Hunting

Drugs are bad mmmmmmmmk, you shouldn't do drugs cause people that do drugs are bad mmmmmmmmkay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G4Hx...eature=related

save a tree kill a beaver
Chuck Norris can bump fire a bolt action
"A predators heart knows no remorse. It lives for the hunt, a natural force."
Old 07-03-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
ANYONE trying meth is addicted after the first time...no if ands or buts about it.

Tell that to all the people who have tried it and are not addicted and don't care to try it again or those who use it once a month or once every few years, yet others 'have' to use it all the time. Meth may have a higher rate of addiction than other drugs depending on how an individuals brain and body react to it but not everyone who tries it is addicted. Many try it and are turned right off of it the first time, others are hooked from the first try.

Addictions are psychological and physiological reactions to a stimulous, you have to have the right genetic makeup to succumb to any number of drugs. No telling the one your brain may react to favourably and become addicted to or not, or the level of addiction. Thats why one person becomes addicted, the next dosen't, others become casual users. Nobody knows till they try them. Some people who become alcoholics are addicted after the first drink, it gives them a reaction they continue to want to return to again and again. For the next person it's meth or heroin or alchol or whatever, some are addicted to every thing they try, others never become addicted to anything.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:59 PM

My uncle who was heavily into hard drugs will say that he avoided drinking because it was the evil.
So he got into smoking pot because it was innocent, which then led him to the group of people who did coke, and a pile of other drugs.
He then went to jail for theft to fuel his drug habit. He use to be a Firefighter/EMT made excellant money, had a good wife and good kids.

As he went further and further into the drugs he made the gap larger and larger between him and his family. Eventually he lost everything including his dignity when he went to jail. His words to me was sometimes you do things in jail your not proud of and that would not be acceptable outside of jail and he left it at that.

While in jail his Firefighter buddys went to bat for him with the Judge to try and get him into a rehab program and out of jail. He ended up doing a program and visted around to different groups who were using drugs to explain to them the dangers of such.
His words were untill he stood up in front of all those junkies he truly did not know what it meant to be a user. He was embarressed of what he looked like comparing himself to them. He could see everyone in that room had the attitude that they did not have a problem. (nether did he or so he thougt).

In the end he lost everything of monatary value in his life. His wife left him they still talk and are friends. His kids both accepted that bad things happen to good people and they both love their dad.

Fast forward 20 years later he has major health issues due to his drug use. He is on borrowed time. This is a man who could once run marathons, was a expert in martial arts. Now he can barly walk up the stairs to his place.

Drugs are to addicting and cause more turmoil then anyother product out there.

If you think drinking and driving is as bad or worse, how many of those drunk drivers were also stoned, but because the focus was on drinking it was over looked.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Tell that to all the people who have tried it and are not addicted and don't care to try it again or those who use it once a month or once every few years, yet others 'have' to use it all the time. Meth may have a higher rate of addiction than other drugs depending on how an individuals brain and body react to it but not everyone who tries it is addicted. Many try it and are turned right off of it the first time, others are hooked from the first try.

Addictions are psychological and physiological reactions to a stimulous, you have to have the right genetic makeup to succumb to any number of drugs. No telling the one your brain may react to favourably and become addicted to or not, or the level of addiction. Thats why one person becomes addicted, the next dosen't, others become casual users. Nobody knows till they try them. Some people who become alcoholics are addicted after the first drink, it gives them a reaction they continue to want to return to again and again. For the next person it's meth or heroin or alchol or whatever, some are addicted to every thing they try, others never become addicted to anything.
You are living in a pipe dream. Psychologists will tell you Meth is the most addictive drug out there. You try it...you are hooked. My buddy is a psychologist. Maybe you should visit the psyche ward at a local hospital and see how meth is not a problem in your mind. You try meth...kiss your life away.

Why on Earth would anyone come on a forum and defend Meth...

Absolutely unbelieveable.

http://www.articlesbase.com/diseases...on-536576.html

Methamphetamine has become one of the most common drugs in the US today. Within just ten years of its introduction into the world of addiction, it has reached shocking heights of popularity. Today, methamphetamine and its derivative, crystal meth, are both highly infamous drugs in the nation with almost every state having some or the other level of meth addiction to fight against. In some states, especially the southern states, meth addiction has risen to such an extent that it has surpassed the popularity of heroin and cocaine. And, methamphetamine is on par with heroin when it comes to the level of dependency it can cause in the person. That is the reason why the problem is quite grave.

Here are some points about the meth addiction that will tell you why this substance is so highly addictive and why it has become such a threat to the world today.

How does Methamphetamine act on the Body?

Methamphetamine is an amphetamine drug as the name suggests. These drugs have a capacity to act on specific areas of the brain of the person and trigger the release of dopamine. Dopamine is the hormone that produces the sensation of pleasure in people. When dopamine is released, the person goes into a trancelike state, which is characteristically called as the meth high.

Why is Methamphetamine so popular?

The addictive action of methamphetamine on the body takes place quite fast. Within just a few minutes of injecting methamphetamine, the person feels the euphoric feeling that overrides every other sentiment in the mind. This is an important reason in the popularity of the substance. People who are looking for a quick-release drug are quite happy using methamphetamine and crystal meth. This really appeals to the young people who look upon it as the best club drug available. In nightclubs and in rave parties where such quick fixes are much in demand, meth addiction is quite understandably on the rise.

Another factor that makes meth popular is its aphrodisiac effect. People who have the drug feel libidinous and the fact that they have the drug when they are with a group of people such as in clubs makes it possible for them to have sexual releases also. The sexual aspect of a meth use is what makes it a very in-demand youth drug. The average age of methamphetamine and crystal meth users in most states lies between 18 and 25 years of age.

Meth is also very popularly used by the gay community. The drug is the drug of choice in gay clubs and party areas. The fact that the drug can make a person lose their inhibitions and can produce an aphrodisiac effect makes it a hit in gay nightclub activities. Most states have meth rehab centers that are specifically catering to the gay population.

How does Methamphetamine come in?

Methamphetamine is a synthetic drug. It can be prepared with some very commonly available materials, the most vital of which are cough syrups that contain ephedrine and pseudoephedrine. Other materials used are also quite easily procurable, such as antifreeze and lantern fuel. There are various clandestinely operating meth labs in almost each major city of the US, located a bit on the outskirts of the city where they can conduct their operations without much interference. These meth labs get hold of the raw materials and produce methamphetamine and even the purer crystalline version, crystal meth. Most of these labs are operated by one or two people, usually belonging to the same family so that it becomes much more difficult to nab them.

Today, these meth labs are the primary sources of meth addiction in most states. A constantly-in-operation lab can produce even as much as ten pounds of the substance in a single day, which is then distributed by agents into various local areas.

But it is not that all the methamphetamine that is available in the US is locally produced. A lot of it is brought through illegal drug trafficking, especially from the Mexican areas. There are various states through which there are networks operating for meth supplies. These states act both as distribution points as well as the markets themselves.

How are the Governments responding to Meth Addiction?

There is very strict control over the supply of cough syrups containing ephedrine and pseudoephedrine in most states, and some states have even banned their OTC supply. This has significantly reduced the amount of meth addiction in some states. In addition, there are constant raids on meth labs, usually acting on tips provided by anonymous neighbors. There is also a vast tightening of security on road traffic in most states today. Highway interdiction points are set up to nab people trafficking these substances.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/infofacts/methamphetamine.html
Old 07-03-2011, 05:41 PM

bushrat is right when it comes to how addictions work.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:43 PM

btw, ive tried a couple times back in the day, didnt care for it. didnt want it again.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:27 PM

This will save Sundancefisher some typing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLLLTntnqjk

and probably save some lives.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:51 PM

Throw all the users in jail, workin' good for the 'merkins
Old 07-03-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco View Post
Throw all the users in jail, workin' good for the 'merkins
are you serious or joking?
Old 07-03-2011, 07:24 PM

drugs are bad and the crime would increase due to more users then it already is...pot accordingly is less bad then alchohole and is a painkiller perscibed by the docters.
meth,cocain,harawin are very bad and addictive. the things that they due to you will ****** you for life...
if we legalize pot the people would only want more.
besides the police are already doing there best to try and thin it out
Old 07-03-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSRfishing View Post
are you serious or joking?
Bein' sarcastic.

The "drug" problem will never be controlled until they take the enormous amount of money out the equation and there is only one way to do that. Governments need to remember the lessons of the Prohibition and who became rich and powerful and the problems it caused. Same thing happening now with so-called "illegal" drugs.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
After twisted Canucks post about his daughter being robbed at the ATM, I wanna see what you guys think.

I think we should legalize drugs...the war on drugs is over and we lost.
We should have safe houses where these guys can go and buy their drugs, very cheap or even supplied free. The amount of money that would save our police forces, etc. Would be astronomical. Pot should be sold at the corner store and taxed accordingly.

Oh, yeah, it wouldn't hurt if these drug houses were located near the local morgues, just for convenience sake!
Hillary Clinton was recently asked why drugs aren't decriminalised and she gaffed by saying, "There's too much money in it for us!"

Greasing Palms of politicians is the biggest reason for keeping drugs exactly where they are; Some years back I became very, very, gravely ill and after my savings ran out I applied for disability (while waiting for my 3rd surgery). My socialworker for my claim ($490 per month) suggested rather hushly that I say that I'm a heroin/crack addict and then I could receive $1700 per month plus a free cellphone. I declined as I was neither a criminal nor a drug user.

The point of this is; politicians have set up a system (at least in B.C) that always see's that the most money going out of the Provinces coifures goes into BIG DRUGS pockets via it's most destitue addicts, big drug then greases some palms at the dockyards (which in Vancouver are no longer pioliced by the city nor the RCMP) and everybody is happy,, I was waiting for major surgery so I wasn't good for the govt money laundering scam.

Quick Note; if you do 6 months rehab there are grants for up to $20,000 to help you get up to par with society,,,, rehab rarely works and the grant money? well it doesn't take rocket science to figure out where it goes,, greasy palms.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
You are living in a pipe dream. Psychologists will tell you Meth is the most addictive drug out there. You try it...you are hooked. My buddy is a psychologist. Maybe you should visit the psyche ward at a local hospital and see how meth is not a problem in your mind. You try meth...kiss your life away.

Why on Earth would anyone come on a forum and defend Meth...

Absolutely unbelieveable.
Who is defending it? Never said it's a good thing.
It very well likely is the most addictive drug out there and of those people who experiment with it, its's true a higher percentage of them will get addicted than if they were to try heroin. I don't dispute that and I could care less.

You have stated twice that everyone who tries it becomes an addict, that is not true, in fact it is far from the truth. It is simple fear mongering reminiscent of the refer madness paranoia of a several decades ago. It is well known that many people try it, few actually become addicted to it. In fact many people who try it have a very negative experience and have no desire to ever go near it again. As I stated in my earlier post, addiction of any substance is dependant on the psycological and physiological reaction it produces in an individual which can range from heavenly bliss in one person to the most miserable experience someone else could ever have. Those who try meth and have the most horrible experience of their lives are not very likely to become addicts. Fortunately the vast majority of society do not have addictive personalities and meth is unlikely to take over the world.

I do not support meth use, only saying the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
I hope I have made myself clear.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:08 PM

Default Judgement

A few on here think drugs are evil incarnate, and I've seen that side of them for sure, including an extended family member who is locked up for meth (mental problems first, then meth, bad combo), and several friends who take it one day at a time. So don't start with me about the evils of drugs, I've seen them first-hand.

The other side of that is all the tremendous waste of tax-payer money, human life, and crime that comes out of keeping marijuana specifically illegal. I'm not for legalizing meth or all drugs, but it's clear the pot side of things has become a bad joke of a policy. I don't think anyone could argue that what we have now makes sense for pot at all. Treating meth users like criminals isn't working out so well either, but that's more complicated as teh drug is a lot more powerful.

As for my kids: If my kid is at a bush party and someone offers her a joint or a beer I'd prefer she choose nothing, but overall she's far less likely to become a complete mess from smoking pot than from drinking. The "evils" of alcohol are far worse than the "evils" of smoking pot; neither are good for young people or anyone really, but I like a drink sometimes and all of us have to navigate our relationship with mind-altering stuff like alcohol or drugs.

I figure if there's one thing we all have to try and teach kids and live by ourselves it's our best judgement. The ability to look at a situation and make a judgement about what the risks and rewards truly are. All this talk of, "One hit and you'r DEAD!" does not teach our kids good judgement, it just makes us as adults look like idiots. Honesty and good judgement are what count to me in life, I hope my kids get both. All kids actually, it's not easy to figure out what's BS and what's true in life. Especially when the adults are speaking nonsense so much of the time.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco View Post
Bein' sarcastic.

The "drug" problem will never be controlled until they take the enormous amount of money out the equation and there is only one way to do that. Governments need to remember the lessons of the Prohibition and who became rich and powerful and the problems it caused. Same thing happening now with so-called "illegal" drugs.
Makes sense. Let's make Meth cheaper and easier to buy. No fear of being caught breaking the law. Most kids will just say..."use drugs? Naaa...it's legal dude...can't be fun. Let's go bowling".
Old 07-03-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
Hillary Clinton was recently asked why drugs aren't decriminalised and she gaffed by saying, "There's too much money in it for us!"

Greasing Palms of politicians is the biggest reason for keeping drugs exactly where they are; Some years back I became very, very, gravely ill and after my savings ran out I applied for disability (while waiting for my 3rd surgery). My socialworker for my claim ($490 per month) suggested rather hushly that I say that I'm a heroin/crack addict and then I could receive $1700 per month plus a free cellphone. I declined as I was neither a criminal nor a drug user.

The point of this is; politicians have set up a system (at least in B.C) that always see's that the most money going out of the Provinces coifures goes into BIG DRUGS pockets via it's most destitue addicts, big drug then greases some palms at the dockyards (which in Vancouver are no longer pioliced by the city nor the RCMP) and everybody is happy,, I was waiting for major surgery so I wasn't good for the govt money laundering scam.

Quick Note; if you do 6 months rehab there are grants for up to $20,000 to help you get up to par with society,,,, rehab rarely works and the grant money? well it doesn't take rocket science to figure out where it goes,, greasy palms.
can you post the link to her quote. It is interesting in the context you are stating. I find politician gaffs funny.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Makes sense. Let's make Meth cheaper and easier to buy. No fear of being caught breaking the law. Most kids will just say..."use drugs? Naaa...it's legal dude...can't be fun. Let's go bowling".
Build more jails then... might start workin' eventually