Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-24-2017, 07:39 AM

Default Don't Know

A person from Alberta told me that the BC people were told to get rid of damaged trees after the worm had destroyed the tree, was told, no way! that is what is on fire, or started the fires. Anybody confirm that?
Old 08-24-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastus View Post
A person from Alberta told me that the BC people were told to get rid of damaged trees after the worm had destroyed the tree, was told, no way! that is what is on fire, or started the fires. Anybody confirm that?
Confirm what?
That there was/is Beetle Kill in the Province of BC?
Yes, there is Beetle Kill and yes whats left is prolly some of which is burning.
Is that the answer you are looking for?
Rob
Old 08-24-2017, 12:31 PM

worms don't start fires.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:09 PM
Banned

Albertans do. Lots of fines handed out lately to them , including a couple at their vacation house in Innvermere who had a bonfire last weekend in the yard. 15 feet from the tree line. "Oh, we were not aware of the province wide fire ban. And all the dummies who got busted for riding ATV`s in the bush around Lake Kookanoosa. And the idiot with the campfire on the hill just out out Kelowna 2 weeks ago. Red and White plates. Don`t you guys have the other side of the mountains to burn down? I don`t get why B.C., is so much better. Maybe cause people just come here, wreck sh1t and can go home?
Old 08-24-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
I don`t get why B.C., is so much better.
I don't either. I'd never live or buy property in that screwed up hole. Mind you, Alberta will be there soon too.

Last edited by Okotokian; 08-24-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Albertans do. Lots of fines handed out lately to them , including a couple at their vacation house in Innvermere who had a bonfire last weekend in the yard. 15 feet from the tree line. "Oh, we were not aware of the province wide fire ban. And all the dummies who got busted for riding ATV`s in the bush around Lake Kookanoosa. And the idiot with the campfire on the hill just out out Kelowna 2 weeks ago. Red and White plates. Don`t you guys have the other side of the mountains to burn down? I don`t get why B.C., is so much better. Maybe cause people just come here, wreck sh1t and can go home?
I'm sorry. I got an earful on my recent vacation with the family in Shuswap after a lady noticed my "red and white plate". She marched over to me right away and let me have it. I was grabbing those real estate booklets in front of grocery stores you find in those "take one free" bins.

She had lots to say and kept on going and going and going and I simply listened to her rant. When she ran out of things to say, she looked at me and all I said was "I'm sorry you have had to deal with that from Albertans". That totally floored and disarmed her. Then she back pedalled and "I'm not sure all Alberta's people are like that" blah blah blah.

I went into the grocery store and carried on quite amused with myself. She probably went home feeling terrible for being such a jerk.

It is unfortunate that we come over with all our "oil and gas" money and buy up all the property effectively making it out of reach for locals - I too, admittedly, would be upset too, but what can you do really.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:54 PM

Jealousy is never a good look.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Or like the bc clowns who are fighting the fire, must have been all the BC bud they were smoking... they look way dumber than albertans..
http://globalnews.ca/news/3691641/b-...wildfires/amp/
Old 08-24-2017, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Pretty broad paintbrush there buddy. You must be having a bad day. Not our fault the BC Lions are pathetic this year. lol
By the way, people in Wasa hate people from Kimberley because they come and party in Wasa area and leave tons of trash and empties behind, then go home. A few bad apples can ruin things for everybody.

EDIT...... OH my I have 5 aces! Does that beat a royal flush? Shoot, I could have used them for a better post. I'll be in Kimberley area on Sept. 10 for Elk opener. I hope this is a sign.

Last edited by waterninja; 08-24-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Pretty broad paintbrush there buddy. You must be having a bad day. Not our fault the BC Lions are pathetic this year. lol
By the way, people in Wasa hate people from Kimberley because they come and party in Wasa area and leave tons of trash and empties behind, then go home. A few bad apples can ruin things for everybody.

EDIT...... OH my I have 5 aces! Does that beat a royal flush? Shoot, I could have used them for a better post. I'll be in Kimberley area on Sept. 10 for Elk opener. I hope this is a sign.
Uh What?? Kimberley folks don`t spend much time in Wasa. First of all the lake has sewage from the cabins. Big tourist spot. Check out all the red and whites there. And I gave up on the Lions and Canucks years ago. About to give up on the Blue Jays soon too.
AND, Kookanoosa is famous for the garbage left by out of province campers. Oh and the asshead who was shooting fireworks off 2 weekends ago.
Come here, be nice, don`t wreck things and you are welcome. But don`t bitch about the price of gas or how much a box of beer costs. If B.C. bugs you so much then camp over there, lots of nice places in Alberta, after all, you own the other side of the Rockies. Or is it too messy now? I honestly don`t know why you all would drive this far to be ****ed off about B.C.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:19 PM

What bothers me is when the 1000's of bc residents come here and work and steal our jobs and continually whine about us albertans and the oil patch. And i will never enter your s----y province to spend my hard earned oil patch and farm money. So you won't have to worry about me...
Old 08-25-2017, 01:41 PM

ib4tl

so angry, wow

I never felt like an outsider in BC

Are BC residents turning into Quebec'ers?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-25-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
ib4tl

I never felt like an outsider in BC
Me either. We have property in BC, we go there all the time .... just spent the last 2 weeks on the east side of Kootenay lake.

Good Grief
Old 08-25-2017, 02:02 PM

I can't help but wonder why someone who clearly dislikes alberta and albertans is on an ALBERTA OUTDOORSMAN page...

Is it just me, or does that seem super hypocritical?

The attitude of these kinds of British Columbians is the reason we spend our vacation dollars elsewhere... we used to go to Sicamous and rent a cabin and spend a week every year, but no longer. We're done with the unwelcOne, ungrateful attitude. Instead, we bought a beautiful property in NW Montana, where the locals seem GRATEFUL that we're there injecting money into the local economy. The fishing is great, scenery is beautiful, people are amazing.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:38 PM
Banned

The last thing that I'd want to see is BC and Alberta residents fighting with one another. We have Quebec to deal with, isn't that enough for both of us?
Old 08-25-2017, 03:02 PM

Goes both ways, worst abuse I have ever seen of the westcountry over august long was done by a group of about twenty people from fort st James, all blue and white plates. Took us just about two days to clean it up. Some younger people and some middle aged. Don't use such a broad brush, there are idiots in every province.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Uh What?? Kimberley folks don`t spend much time in Wasa. First of all the lake has sewage from the cabins. Big tourist spot. Check out all the red and whites there. And I gave up on the Lions and Canucks years ago. About to give up on the Blue Jays soon too.
AND, Kookanoosa is famous for the garbage left by out of province campers. Oh and the asshead who was shooting fireworks off 2 weekends ago.
Come here, be nice, don`t wreck things and you are welcome. But don`t bitch about the price of gas or how much a box of beer costs. If B.C. bugs you so much then camp over there, lots of nice places in Alberta, after all, you own the other side of the Rockies. Or is it too messy now? I honestly don`t know why you all would drive this far to be ****ed off about B.C.
You're funny
Old 08-25-2017, 03:51 PM

best thing about b.C. is the dentist is way cheaper. I go back to the days when the jacked up ford B.C. bush trucks in Cranbrook would hassle anyone with yellow license plates. those bad yellow jackets they called us. then the lumber industry crashed and they started to like other peoples money.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
You act like the people from BC haven't figured out how to make fire yet.

You don't sound arrogant at all.......

The more of the responses of yours I read, the less respect I have for you. Actually for BC'ers in general. It sure is nice to get a BC'ers perspective of their neighbor though.

Thanks for the insight.