Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-23-2017, 02:09 PM

A forum member asked me to help him deliver a commercial cooler/fridge to a chinese takeout place on the south side. We moved the old one out and behind it the mouse droppings were at least an inch thick. I then looked in the small storage room. Mouse droppings everywhere including on top of the deep freeze where meat was thawing,and vegetables were sitting. We hauled out the old one to the truck and placed it on the tailgate lift where I was steadying it while it was going up. Got to eye level and dead mouse was in the motor assembly on the back. Dang. I was so grossed out. I told the lady she better sweep behind the new one from time to time. She never said much.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:25 PM

Not sure if I'm more grossed out about the guy with his hand in the jar or clicking on a CBC link to see it.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:50 PM

I always got a kick out of germ sensitive folks that would wash their hands before eating, and when you asked them if they turned the tap off after they washed their hands, you would ask how they turned it off without touching the germs they were going to wash off when they turned it on. Nowadays the auto on taps take the fun out of those simple people, except, how did you get out of the bathroom without touching the same handle of those folks who don't wash their hands? When we worked on the farm during harvest, we never stopped to go wash our hands when we ate, by todays standards we should probably all have been dead long ago. I do appreciate that some people at least let us be aware of the bad restaurants instead of having to find out the hard way.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:16 PM

The guy needs a talking too from Chef Gordon Ramsey.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:18 PM
Banned

Just like the mcdick hepatitis outbreak in lethbridge which is truly sick, from not washing hands after defacating! I'm sure they only catch 10%
Old 08-23-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
You need to change dentists. Mine has plastic bags over the light handles and switches that get changed every patient.
Reminded me of this movie (or whatever it was) where the guy tells how his tailor does this and that ever since he started going to him from when he was a boy and the other tells him that he should switch tailor because they are not supposed to touch him there
Old 08-23-2017, 03:27 PM
Banned

So would the former manager turned whistleblower have done so if he received the promotion he was in a dispute over?
Old 08-23-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
That's gonna take a chunk outta the business for sure. Place probably relies on travelers, and so still make out ok. People often have short memories. You won't ever catch me at that place. Yikes.
Betting his franchise days are numbered.

Grizz
Old 08-23-2017, 05:05 PM
Suspended User

For me the worst is how great of the chef was who trained him. Gunther was phenomenal. Kitchen was spotless, and food was perfect. Then this idiot took over and I never ate there again. Now he's where thousands of unknowing people can eat his ear wax.

And this, this is only what we see him do. Imagine the ones he's trained.
Reminds me of the guy we fired from the senior citizens home I worked at. Local pharmacy couldn't keep up with the diarrhea medications. He would break apart frozen chicken with his bare hands and go back to tossing salads, after going out for a smoke with his gloves on.

And couleefolk, those of us that are on the upper end of the IQ range know how to shut the taps off and open doors without touching the handles.
Those on the lower end run their hands under cold water and call it good. Lol I know how nasty most males are. Lol homophobic, but willing to touch a door handle just after a guy played with his penis. I do think that they are aware of much.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:06 PM

Gotta love the rubber glove thing. It is as filthy or more filthy than not wearing gloves. Don't know why but somehow people feel safer when the sandwich artist or drive thru server is wearing gloves. They probably just cleaned the urinal and dumped the grease in the dumpster whose handle is covered with seagull crap then came in to make your sandwich, sneeze into their gloves while doing so. I'd rather they didn't wear gloves then they might at least wash their hands occasionally.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Gotta love the rubber glove thing. It is as filthy or more filthy than not wearing gloves. Don't know why but somehow people feel safer when the sandwich artist or drive thru server is wearing gloves. They probably just cleaned the urinal and dumped the grease in the dumpster whose handle is covered with seagull crap then came in to make your sandwich, sneeze into their gloves while doing so. I'd rather they didn't wear gloves then they might at least wash their hands occasionally.

Wife used the bath room at a Sundre restaurant once. Owner's wife came in, did her business and left without washing her hands. Never ate there again.

Grizz
Old 08-23-2017, 05:51 PM
Banned

At roadside dinner having a coffee, when guy comes in sits down at next table tells waitress he wants a double burger,,

Waitress yells at very large sweaty 350 pound woman cooking at the grill, " 1 double Berger for table # 4 " , the cook yells "commin right up ! "
then reaches behind into the freezer and grabs 2 frozen patties, peals of the wax paper and sticks 1 patty into her left armpit, then places the other patty into her right armpit,

Somewhat alarmed, The guy that ordered the double burger asks the waitress what the woman cook is doing to his hamburger patties ?

Waitress replies " thawing them out darlin " ,,,,,

From the other side of the restaurant a guy yells " CANCEL THOSE HOT DAWGS I ORDERED !
Old 08-23-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Wife used the bath room at a Sundre restaurant once. Owner's wife came in, did her business and left without washing her hands. Never ate there again.

Grizz
Trendy's?

Marshall McLuhan
Old 08-23-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
Trendy's?
No, White Goose, long gone. Both Greeks though.

Grizz
Old 08-23-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
No, White Goose, long gone. Both Greeks though.

Grizz

In 16 years never ate at the White Goose. Must have been intuition. I love Sundre but I try not to eat here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshall McLuhan
Old 08-23-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDave View Post
And couleefolk, those of us that are on the upper end of the IQ range know how to shut the taps off and open doors without touching the handles.
Those on the lower end run their hands under cold water and call it good. Lol I know how nasty most males are. Lol homophobic, but willing to touch a door handle just after a guy played with his penis. I do think that they are aware of much.

Well said.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:35 PM

Once placed an order and was just sitting and looking around while waiting. I see a dude washing the floors, people eating, some waiting for their orders, some done and just talking, so nothing special, the usual scene. Then I see the dude who was washing the floors just standing there out in the middle of the floor and picking his nose and looking at whatever it is he is taking out of there. Then he goes behind the kitchen door and comes back a few seconds later with a couple of plates and serves them to a table. I got up and left and so did a few other people.

I, personally, don't care if gloves are used as long as I see the person properly washing his/her hands prior to preparing my food. What Okotokian mentioned about the ice cream is actually a fairly common occurance. Sometimes when I ask the food prepare to wash hands if I see he/she is about to start touching what is going to be my meal after handling the cash, I get weird look from one or two customers as well. Not everyone cares. What is bothering (well, not really) is what is going behind the closed door in the kitchen.

And couleefolk, washing hands after harvesting some crops and washing hands after walking around at a public place are slightly different. I wouldn't mind eating a sandwich with hands dirty from crops and some mud from a farm, but I would be uneasy about eating a sandwich before washing my hands after walking through west Edmonton mall, or a grocery store, or filling my gas tank, etc. Also, what Mr. Dave said just above.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:52 PM

Don't know if it's related but I drove by the Carl's Jr on 32 Ave in Calgary at about 5:00PM and it was DEAD. Nobody in the drive-thru and only 2 cars in the lot. I can't believe that guy is still operating a franchise since they knew about it in April.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:09 AM

Well just saw this Red Deer story hit the Amerrrrrican news too. Fox has it on its website. This guy is up there with Trump....
Old 08-24-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
Well just saw this Red Deer story hit the Amerrrrrican news too. Fox has it on its website. This guy is up there with Trump....
Talk about beating a guy while he's down!

He's unhygienic to be sure, but up there with Trump?!? Trump is in a league with very few competitors in history! (IMO)

Cheers
Old 08-24-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC View Post
Don't know if it's related but I drove by the Carl's Jr on 32 Ave in Calgary at about 5:00PM and it was DEAD. Nobody in the drive-thru and only 2 cars in the lot. I can't believe that guy is still operating a franchise since they knew about it in April.
Lol, ill bet the only people eating there are people that didnt see the news.

I bet alot of restaurant people are looking around for hidden cameras now.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:55 PM

I walked into a restaurant once and that waitress was someone I worked with who was incompetent and blamed me.

I didn't stay to prevent that gross food example proactively.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 08-24-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkdump View Post
At roadside dinner having a coffee, when guy comes in sits down at next table tells waitress he wants a double burger,,

Waitress yells at very large sweaty 350 pound woman cooking at the grill, " 1 double Berger for table # 4 " , the cook yells "commin right up ! "
then reaches behind into the freezer and grabs 2 frozen patties, peals of the wax paper and sticks 1 patty into her left armpit, then places the other patty into her right armpit,

Somewhat alarmed, The guy that ordered the double burger asks the waitress what the woman cook is doing to his hamburger patties ?

Waitress replies " thawing them out darlin " ,,,,,

From the other side of the restaurant a guy yells " CANCEL THOSE HOT DAWGS I ORDERED !
Haha.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:17 PM

Guy apparently is ok now, had to take and pass a food handling course. Thought he did that before and got 95 %. I won't be eating there.

Grizz
Old 08-24-2017, 07:07 PM

a bit from George Orwell on the subject;

In the kitchen the dirt was worse. It is not a figure of speech, it is a mere statement of fact to say that a French cook will spit in the soup—that is, if he is not going to drink it himself. He is an artist, but his art is not cleanliness. To a certain extent he is even dirty because he is an artist, for food, to look smart, needs dirty treatment. When a steak, for instance, is brought up for the head cook’s inspection, he does not handle it with a fork. He picks it up in his fingers and slaps it down, runs his thumb round the dish and licks it to taste the gravy, runs it round and licks again, then steps back and contemplates the piece of meat like an artist judging a picture, then presses it lovingly into place with his fat, pink fingers, every one of which he has licked a hundred times that morning. When he is satisfied, he takes a cloth and wipes his fingerprints from the dish, and hands it to the waiter. And the waiter, of course, dips his fingers into the gravy—his nasty, greasy fingers which he is for ever running through his brilliantined hair. Whenever one pays more than, say, ten francs for a dish of meat in Paris, one may be certain that it has been fingered in this manner. In very cheap restaurants it is different; there, the same trouble is not taken over the food, and it is just forked out of the pan and flung on to a plate, without handling. Roughly speaking, the more one pays for food, the more sweat and spittle one is obliged to eat with it.

Dirtiness is inherent in hotels and restaurants, because sound food is sacrificed to punctuality and smartness. The hotel employee is too busy getting food ready to remember that it is meant to be eaten. A meal is simply ‘une commande’ to him, just as a man dying of cancer is simply ‘a case’ to the doctor. A customer orders, for example, a piece of toast. Somebody, pressed with work in a cellar deep underground, has to prepare it. How can he stop and say to himself, ‘This toast is to be eaten—I must make it eatable’? All he knows is that it must look right and must be ready in three minutes. Some large drops of sweat fall from his forehead on to the toast. Why should he worry? Presently the toast falls among the filthy sawdust on the floor. Why trouble to make a new piece? It is much quicker to wipe the sawdust off. On the way upstairs the toast falls again, butter side down. Another wipe is all it needs. And so with everything. The only food at the Hôtel X which was ever prepared cleanly was the staff’s, and the patron’s. The maxim, repeated by everyone, was: ‘Look out for the patron, and as for the clients, s’en f— pas mal!’ Everywhere in the service quarters dirt festered—a secret vein of dirt, running through the great garish hotel like the intestines through a man’s body.

http://www.telelib.com/authors/O/Orw...andout_14.html
Old 08-24-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
The guy needs a talking too from Chef Gordon Ramsey.
ramsey is a ***** AND ANYBODY QUOTING IGNORANT POS SHOULD HAVE TO WORK FOR ONE. i DID AND WHEN I HAD MY OWN BUSINESS AND ONE OF MY EMPLOYEES TOLD ME THAT ONE OF MY SUPPLIERS HAD A MANAGER LIKE THAT AND WITNESSED HIM DEGRADING AN EMPLOYEE OF HIS I REFUSED TO BUY FROM THEM AND TOLD THE WESTERN CANADA SALES MANAGER WHEN HE CAME TO MY SHOP WHY I DID NOT BUY FROM THEM.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:26 PM

Those on the lower end run their hands under cold water and call it good. Lol I know how nasty most males are. Lol homophobic, but willing to touch a door handle just after a guy played with his penis. I do think that they are aware of much.[/QUOTE]

Is your IQ high enough to not touch the salt and pepper shakers, menues, ATM buttons, chairs, table, debit machine, cash, knife, fork, plate, ketchup bottle, etc that the guys with filthy hands have touched?

Gerry Burnie
Old 08-24-2017, 10:36 PM

^ Not everyone with average and above IQ has obsessive compulsive disorder.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdee View Post
ramsey is a ***** AND ANYBODY QUOTING IGNORANT POS SHOULD HAVE TO WORK FOR ONE. i DID AND WHEN I HAD MY OWN BUSINESS AND ONE OF MY EMPLOYEES TOLD ME THAT ONE OF MY SUPPLIERS HAD A MANAGER LIKE THAT AND WITNESSED HIM DEGRADING AN EMPLOYEE OF HIS I REFUSED TO BUY FROM THEM AND TOLD THE WESTERN CANADA SALES MANAGER WHEN HE CAME TO MY SHOP WHY I DID NOT BUY FROM THEM.
Wow you don't have to yell??
Old 08-25-2017, 05:19 PM

I guess the perpitraitor apologized. He's from rimbey and also runs a family restaurant there. He is also on the town council.
I guess the mayor defended the guy, saying he just made a mistake and we all make mistakes.

This kinda irritated me, the guy took a training course with carl jr and got 86-96% on the test. So he has execptional knowledge in the area.
He didnt make a mistake, he intentionally put crap in unknowingly people's food.

He should have his restaurant license revoked permantly as he most likely made people sick over the years.
I guess its kinda like a poacher, is it a bad choice or complete disregard for others?
http://www.reddeeradvocate.com/news/...er-apologizes/