Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-23-2017, 10:01 AM
Suspended User

Default Don't eat at Carl Jr's on Gasoline alley.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/c...ions-1.4250469

MMM good food made just like mommy used to make. Jk. I grew up with this guy, it doesn't surprise me. Hillbilly cooking.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDave View Post
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/c...ions-1.4250469

MMM good food made just like mommy used to make. Jk. I grew up with this guy, it doesn't surprise me. Hillbilly cooking.
Ate there once when it first opened. Didn't enjoy it at all, and haven't been back. Recall enjoying the ones in the States, or even Kelowna. I figured they were new and needed time. Now i'm just glad I never went back.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:18 AM

Maybe he just lost his watch?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-23-2017, 10:26 AM

I almost feel bad for the guy. This article is everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if a national media outlet picks it up by the end of the day.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riden View Post
I almost feel bad for the guy. This article is everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if a national media outlet picks it up by the end of the day.
I hope you're stressing the 'almost'. It's disgusting, he was warned, and as per the article, informed his staff to 'not say anything about what he does'.

Seems like he knowingly didn't care about hygiene in a restaurant.

I feel bad enough that i hope he is forced to sell his store to someone who cares.

Cheers
Old 08-23-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Feel bad for the guy???? When you look at the number of infractions this guy should not be allowed to work in the food service industry.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
I hope you're stressing the 'almost'. It's disgusting, he was warned, and as per the article, informed his staff to 'not say anything about what he does'.

Seems like he knowingly didn't care about hygiene in a restaurant.

I feel bad enough that i hope he is forced to sell his store to someone who cares.

Cheers
Hey, I said almost.

The thing is, have you ever seen this before? Lots of restaurants get shut down, but the media doesn't cover it on this scale. Seems fishy to me.

But he brought it on himself.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:41 AM

All that's missing is a stogie hanging from his lip spilling ash into the food! I'll just assume that his fingernails already had boogers and sweaty butt-scratch skin flakes and hair under them.

Carl's would be remiss to let this guy keep the franchise, he's obviously an idiot and his well-embedded bad habits will probably not be broken. These days everything is national/international so far as news goes. I'm getting there are already Carl's Jr executives / lawyers either on a plane to Red Deer or already there.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:42 AM
Banned

growing up i worked in a few restaurants including some well known pizza joints.

if this grosses you out you should shop eating in any restaurant, ever.

when the rush happens the fastest thing to do is use your hands. no one takes tongs and places pepperoni on a pizza; they take a stack and throw the slices on. they plunge their hand into a container and pull out anything that they need to make your order.

the only reason someone would use a ladle or tongs is to avoid excessive hand cleaning that would take too much time

enjoy your meal next time you go out
Old 08-23-2017, 10:45 AM

That's gonna take a chunk outta the business for sure. Place probably relies on travelers, and so still make out ok. People often have short memories. You won't ever catch me at that place. Yikes.

Last edited by sns2; 08-23-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
growing up i worked in a few restaurants including some well known pizza joints.

when the rush happens the fastest thing to do is use your hands. no one takes tongs and places pepperoni on a pizza; they take a stack and throw the slices on. they plunge their hand into a container and pull out anything that they need to make your order.

the only reason someone would use a ladle or tongs is to avoid excessive hand cleaning that would take too much time

You ruined pizza night...
Old 08-23-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Hey, I said almost.

The thing is, have you ever seen this before? Lots of restaurants get shut down, but the media doesn't cover it on this scale. Seems fishy to me.

But he brought it on himself.
Most don't have an employee that puts in a camera to capture the incident.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:

I agree. Definitely not the worst thing I have seen. Pretty much every other restaurant's employees use hands to make and serve food. Your only hope is that they washed them.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcooper View Post
You ruined pizza night...
oh... pizza is probably better than most.

avoid anything deep fried, anything grilled, salads, wraps, sandwiches...

desserts come in mostly pre made so they only grab them with their hands and put them on a plate. so they're ok
Old 08-23-2017, 11:09 AM

Have you guys been in the back of most fast food places before? This kinda stuff and the cleanliness isn't much off from most places. I have been in the back of McDicks and A and W multiple times and made me sick what I saw. Not sure how most places pass when the health inspector shows to be honest
Old 08-23-2017, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
Not sure how most places pass when the health inspector shows to be honest
the inspector always gives notice and they only come during business hours not during the rush
Old 08-23-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
Have you guys been in the back of most fast food places before? This kinda stuff and the cleanliness isn't much off from most places. I have been in the back of McDicks and A and W multiple times and made me sick what I saw. Not sure how most places pass when the health inspector shows to be honest
I used to clean restaurants, been in the back of hundreds of them. I completely disagree that 'most' places are like this, but no doubt, there are some pretty dirty restaurants.

Cheers
Old 08-23-2017, 11:18 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Maybe he just lost his watch?

[IMG][/IMG]

I bet he always wanted to be a gynecologist.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-23-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:

You are right, I worked at a restaurant when younger. It was 5 years before I ate out again.
In my work as a carpenter and have done work in some restaurants, I have seen some terrible conditions that I cant believe were not shut down.
One place did not have air conditioning, so they propped the back door open with a plastic tub of Chicken fried rice.

On another note I have seen some restaurants that were absolutely spotless.
Those are the places I frequent now.

The fellow on the video just does not care and should not be in the food industry.

MAC

Save time... see it my way
Old 08-23-2017, 11:23 AM
Banned

Talking

Oh my............glad I never ate there.

Reminds me of this, Cousin Vicki in National Lampoons Vacation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U38tC_-e7o
Old 08-23-2017, 11:36 AM

That is indeed disgusting... and representative of what happens in many many restaurants. It's for the most part a business staffed with untrained, low wage unskilled staff who don't give a rat's... And clearly some owners aren't any better. The the other day I told a server at Costco that I wouldn't accept the ice cream cone she had made. Although she was wearing gloves she was also handling cash and the register wearing the same gloves. The gloves were pointless.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:37 AM
Banned

Almost as bad as the guy in the kitchen at an A & W ,, holding salad dressing packets in his left hand, and BITTING the packetS open with his nice brown teeth and then squirting the salad dressing on salads, watched him do it several times DURING the same lunch hour rush,,,

Finally it was TOO much for me ,, I stood up and screamed as loud as I could yell,
cancel that dammed Teen burger and get me a Green Salad with Onethousand and something dressing ,,,,
Old 08-23-2017, 11:42 AM
Gone Hunting

The inspector used to have lunch at my burger joint. Guess it was ok.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-23-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
oh... pizza is probably better than most.

avoid anything deep fried, anything grilled, salads, wraps, sandwiches...

desserts come in mostly pre made so they only grab them with their hands and put them on a plate. so they're ok

oh at 375 degrees most bugs are long dead

---------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 08-23-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
I used to clean restaurants, been in the back of hundreds of them. I completely disagree that 'most' places are like this, but no doubt, there are some pretty dirty restaurants.

Cheers
I am talking Fast food joints and you have not visited the ones I have seen then. Completely disgusting. When they are full of mouse traps you also raise an eyebrow
Old 08-23-2017, 12:39 PM

When I was young my uncle and I used to deliver food to restaurants, there was a Chinese one in Maple creek that had hundreds of dried turkey gizzards strung up strings hanging from the ceiling if you ran into them they would rattle. I asked the owner why he did that "for luck" was the reply my uncle told me it was to keep the flies off the food
Old 08-23-2017, 01:28 PM

I ate there when the restaurant first opened & was quite disappointed with the food. I wouldn't be going back there anyways.

This article is just another reason not to eat there. Ever again.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:44 PM

Default Its everywhere

There are all kinds of examples of contamination even in plain sight. How about Subway when they put gloves on but touch the oven door next, then your food, then the microwave tray and door handle, then your food again. All day long.
Or Edo Japan. The spatula or whatever they are using to fry the food with doesn't get changed out from when they put the raw food on the flat top with it to when they are scooping it off and onto your plate. All the while using those utensils to cooks other meals in various stages of raw. Watch them, its true.

But the best - the dentist that wears gloves but touches that handle for the light above your head all the time with those gloves and then back into your mouth. All day every patient. Haha the gloves are for the dentist not for the patient.
kidd.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidd View Post

But the best - the dentist that wears gloves but touches that handle for the light above your head all the time with those gloves and then back into your mouth. All day every patient. Haha the gloves are for the dentist not for the patient.
kidd.
You need to change dentists. Mine has plastic bags over the light handles and switches that get changed every patient.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
You need to change dentists. Mine has plastic bags over the light handles and switches that get changed every patient.
Yeah, mine does as well. Might want to take Okotokian's advice & find a different dentist.