Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husty View Post
Thank god not everyone has such low value on personal privacy and autonomy such as yourself. If your okay with military sweeps, concentration camps, and imprisonment to anyone the military deems a 'degenerate' you could always build a time machine to go back to 1930s-1944 Germany.
I cant even come up.with a rational reply to this.

The train just hit a submarine.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-25-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I cant even come up.with a rational reply to this.

The train just hit a submarine.
That was sort of the point you know.. pointing out how out there the other dudes comment was.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:10 AM

Some nations have superior ways of dealing with their more heinous criminals, I don’t in the least consider Canada superior in terms of the way we deal with drug dealers, rapists, murderers and such. Our gov’t and courts send these people right back out to create more victims, that should not be. A piece of rope is reusable and gravity is free, the solution to their recidivism is pretty cheap.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse_hunter View Post
I find it quite bizarre that conducted electrical weapons are illegal in Canada. I think that they are a much better alternative to a lethal weapon. Oh well, the swine do not want for you to have any way to defend yourself in order to justify their own salaries.
You can legally purchase a "Stun Baton", "Stun Cane " and a "Stun Hiking Pole" at
canadaammo.com.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:50 PM

That's a bunch of missing people. You have to wonder how that many go missing and the reasons why. Can't all be abducted but scary if most were. Hope it turns out well for the girls and the families.

I would buy my 18 yr old daughter anything she wanted if she could keep it on her person and use it when needed to stop a thug in his tracks.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
You can legally purchase a "Stun Baton", "Stun Cane " and a "Stun Hiking Pole" at
canadaammo.com.
I think that a device capable of firing electrodes is much more suited for self defense. The cartridges are one time use and are CO2 powered.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Some nations have superior ways of dealing with their more heinous criminals, I don’t in the least consider Canada superior in terms of the way we deal with drug dealers, rapists, murderers and such. Our gov’t and courts send these people right back out to create more victims, that should not be. A piece of rope is reusable and gravity is free, the solution to their recidivism is pretty cheap.
A piece of rope reusable, and gravity free,I like the way you think. So sad that so many girls go missing,,we need special laws for convicted vermin.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:08 PM

Every day on facebook there are RCMP reports of another missing girl or woman or 5 of them. I just can't understand what is going on. Serial killers in Alberta?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-26-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Every day on facebook there are RCMP reports of another missing girl or woman or 5 of them. I just can't understand what is going on. Serial killers in Alberta?
There has always been serial killers in Canada, you than bet there are still some around.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:17 PM

A lot of people go missing that nobody hears about a quick google I found 1169 adults on the missing list. A lot of cases of murder or alien abduction

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/...?q=MPA&lang=en
Old 01-26-2019, 03:32 PM

I don't hear about it on the news and believe what is being told,or am I looking at the wrong news channels.

If my wife or child was scared to go out because of some creep and found there life in danger a good flare gun in the guys guts or nuts will fry em crispy.

Very bad thing to ever want to do,but it's there funeral or hospital trip or your family member.

You only get one shot ,but at 2 feet you can't miss and you may be in trouble with the law,but it's better than being dead or raped multiple times.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
A lot of people go missing that nobody hears about a quick google I found 1169 adults on the missing list. A lot of cases of murder or alien abduction

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/...?q=MPA&lang=en
Sadly enough I went to school with Anthony Janvier off that list.

Hope he is alive and OK.