Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Start chucking out there illegal activities, what if's and you start believing you are legal in your activities.....eventually you and a certain crowd will believe what you preach but either way the law gets the final word.
To quote your prior words "We are evolving into a police state one baby step at a time. IMHO"

Words that apply well in this situation yet you argue the opposite. We have judges and courts for a reason. Police are only the enforcers of laws and everyone is entitled to their day in court.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
I guess they should have put it in the proper location then. Simple.

Make up all the scenarios you want to... Waste of time.
It isn't a waste of time if it is showing that you choose when you follow the rule of law and when you choose not to.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:49 PM

more money grubbing. should have simply allowed her to put the sticker on in the correct manner.

Disappointing
Old 01-25-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbkkcc View Post
more money grubbing. should have simply allowed her to put the sticker on in the correct manner.

Disappointing
He had the option of using his discretion to be sure.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
So for all those righteous people that are commenting to suck it up and pay the ticket. What would you do in this situation?
You have to drive 3 blocks to pick your child up from school. You get pulled over on the drive. Go to grab your wallet and oh *** I forgot it at home. Do you pay the no license ticket or would you try and fight it to avoid the ticket?
3 blocks?
ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.

Last edited by threeforthree; 01-25-2019 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:28 PM

Mods should close this thread.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2019, 02:35 PM

This is the second thread on the same subject in a few weeks. It's very polarizing for sure
Old 01-25-2019, 03:00 PM

Technically the sticker must be on the plate, even if there was no intent to commit a violation. I put the sticker on as soon as I get it, but I slide the old registration card behind the one that is still valid until it expires. Now if I am asked to produce my registration and I hand the folder to an officer with the old card in front , and it has expired , and I forgot to throw it out, I can be charged for presenting a document that isn't valid. Again , there was no intent to commit a violation, but technically, there was a violation. If my licence was unknowingly to me cracked, I can be fined over $400, even though there was no intent to commit a violation. It all comes down to how the officer chooses to deal with the situation when it is discovered. In all cases, the officer could simply issue a warning, or he could issue a citation, it's up to him whether he wants to punish someone, or whether he simply correct an unnoticed situation, and perhaps build some respect and trust from the public while doing so.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:06 PM
Banned

This thread is embarrassing wow lol
Old 01-25-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
You don't know me or my children and I don't have a child in school nor do I have a school three blocks from home. Totally uncalled for. It was a hypothetical situation.
Hypothetically the kid should be able to walk the three blocks to/from school.

However, since my jest has offend you. I apologize unreservedly. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment. I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your children.

ARG

Quote:
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
[...]
I put the sticker on as soon as I get it, but I slide the old registration card behind the one that is still valid until it expires. Now if I am asked to produce my registration and I hand the folder to an officer with the old card in front , and it has expired , and I forgot to throw it out, I can be charged for presenting a document that isn't valid.
[...]
As I understand it, as soon as you put the new sticker on, the new registration is the valid one.

ARG

Quote:
Old 01-25-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
Hypothetically the kid should be able to walk the three blocks to/from school.

However, since my jest has offend you. I apologize unreservedly. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment. I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your children.

ARG
Could have made it 5 minute drive out of town and stated the child's age as 5 and he was at hockey and couldn't carry his bag and it was -40 and snowing. All I was getting at is mistakes easily happen and police need to use discretion. We have enough theft and violence that they don't need to worry about a sticker which had information they looked up on their computer anyways.
You didn't offend me cause you don't know me and I don't know you and from your post it was obvious.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:00 PM

Again we can not get along with out some kind of name calling ..we are done.

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Closed Thread