Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-06-2014, 11:05 AM

Default Calling all waterfowlers

Hello I am a pro staffer for Big AL's silhouette decoys and an avid waterfowler and like most if not all am totally addicted to the sport. I am curious if there is any interest from fellow waterfowlers for forming a group dedicated to the conservation of waterfowl that we all enjoy harvesting each year, and ensuring continued numbers for years to come. On top of conservation efforts my dream is to educated the next generation of waterfowlers which would include educational seminars on all aspect of the sport and getting youths/first timers into the field to enjoy and get hooked on the sport like all of us. Either PM me if interested or check out Team SAGA on Facebook and get ahold of me that way.

Talk soon
Cheers
Old 03-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Banned

Default Groups

Doesn't this already exist via Ducks Unlimited and Delta Waterfowl through youth hunts and other efforts? With these groups already in existence, I think you would be far better off partnering with one of these local chapters and possibly taking on the youth/introductory portion in a sponsor/volunteer role than attempting to create something new from the ground level. I like your enthusiasm, but I think you will have more success and a far better turnout taking advantage of the organizational infrastructure already in place, not to mention the likely assistance in funding/promotional efforts/awareness that you would benefit from by partnering under one of these established conservation umbrellas. Contact a local chapter, get some info from the area fundraising manager as to who would be the best to contact to align with what you are trying to achieve, and combine some efforts. Just my 2 cents anyways, good luck.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:26 PM

I am in contact with Delta Waterfowl at the present time which the group formed would be working with. They are the best organization I have been in contact with as they are for the hunters and putting back what has been taken for present and future hunters to harvest. The reason for my interest in starting a group is my passion for hunting waterfowl, the friendships and bonds made in the field hunting or over a common interest/passion. Being able to share tips/tactics and creating a brotherhood of hunters. Trying something new and putting the work in to build from the ground up is not always the worst thing.

Tags
conservation, duck, goose, hunting, team saga