Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-18-2018, 02:13 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
The fact that you missed the entire point of my post so you could defend your choice to buy Lee products say's much... the point is, buy what you can afford....but don't expect match quality from bargain basement components.

I don't think I missed your point at all. You did state that, to you, $1,200.00 is not a lot of money, I responded to that with my point of view on that amount.

I also responded to the underlying point of that comment, namely that high priced tools are the better choice. Why else would you take a shot at Lee tools by implying that all they make is the "Lee Loader" and in your more recent post with the comment, "Bargain Basement components." and by implying that "match quality" should be every reloaders goal.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-18-2018, 02:34 PM

I got my RCBS kit years ago through my dad's friend who was on his last legs. He sold it to me for 50 cents on the dollar. Have tried lee dies and got rid of them quickly. Am not sorry I got RCBS & for what I paid could sell today for same or more. After reloading for 25 yrs I suggest you don't save money reloading but get to shoot more and customize the combo you want for a particular firearm.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:55 PM

Saving money on reloading is possible, not very likely, but possible, then again, forget I said that. I was looking at guns yesterday, some I had to buy dies and bullets and brass for, some were just dies and brass, some I didn't have to buy anything. All I can say is the guns were between 5 and 12, 000.00. I am sort of considering a 2000.00 gun, at least I have dies, bullets, powder and brass for it. I think it was the 12,000.00 one I had all the stuff for as well. I'm pretty sure if someone had the gun in the cartridge I was thinking of yesterday, in stock, I'd be out 5-6000.00 today.
That's what reloading can do to your pocketbook, just because you can make the ammo for it, otherwise, you wouldn't look at it, whether it is a 500.00 or a 25000.00 gun
Old 11-18-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I don't think I missed your point at all. You did state that, to you, $1,200.00 is not a lot of money, I responded to that with my point of view on that amount.

I also responded to the underlying point of that comment, namely that high priced tools are the better choice. Why else would you take a shot at Lee tools by implying that all they make is the "Lee Loader" and in your more recent post with the comment, "Bargain Basement components." and by implying that "match quality" should be every reloaders goal.
Actually $1200 bucks is a lot of money but over the years I have spent more then that on components swapping, upgrading, buying low tier stuff only to find out it is more money in the LONG run then buying better equipment at the start.
If your offended by The wackit with a mallet comment so be it...Lee builds one so does Wilson is Lee any where close to Wilson...me thinks not.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.