Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-05-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post

You realize trophybook said the Rothschild family will sink crypto? And the second paragraph you quoted states the Rothschild investment corporation has no ties to the famed Rothschild family right? Lol cant make this stuff up, too funny.
I do, hence the

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-05-2018, 08:45 PM

Bitcion value lets say 25000,one hacker the bitcion is worth nothing,all internet transfers and 99 percent of traders never use the same route,so this is just a big experiment on which monkey takes a bite .Then it will be something else just ask Bernie Madoff.
P T Barnum once said there's a sucker born every minute and with today's greed I think it's down to less than 1/4 minute.

Who ever is the best hacker will drive a nail into the end of the bitcion.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I did not realize you were an American
$6500 now.

In finance I track in US.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-06-2018, 05:55 AM

The top financial regulators in the US are meeting today to decide what should be done with cryptos in regards to regulating them. Could be positive or could be negative depending on what they recommend.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-s-market-cops
Old 02-06-2018, 06:55 AM
Banned

Old 02-06-2018, 07:37 PM

$9609 today

If I had bought 1 yesterday sold today I would have made $1168

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-07-2018, 06:32 AM

Jeez, crypto is grabbin 2nd gear and taking off
Old 02-07-2018, 07:26 AM

North Korea is just hacken the heck out of crypto cash including the bitcion .the reason the usa fed reg's are having meetings,some one in one month took 530 million from certain buyers in japan of crpto currency .It was on last night's news.

North Korean cash flow is on the radar big time,he has over 1000 hackers going 24/7,the usa is watching who is transferring money after the sanctions put on them so he is short of loot so lets get it for free by stealing it by hacking,South Korea got hit hard and the usa will be meeting for a couple days on what to do.Who you going to run to for a cash back,it;s gone into one account then transferred to unknown place,also a good way to still do business with NK and not use a banking system.
Your next buy may be with one of NK's traders and then they encrypt a bug during the buy or sell and now your target.

We think our hunting is at stake over the media on the internet,i think the internet is the biggest threat to mankind and all the things that going on.

You can bet your life the usa is trying stop these hackers,but NK has them in china and all over the place in asia.The yanks will think nothing about stealing it back or join in on the party,china is.The usa has seized trillions of dollars belonging to others,why should this be any different.

Last edited by JD848; 02-07-2018 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:35 PM

$10882 today

Old 02-08-2018, 09:31 PM

$10010 tonite

Old 02-08-2018, 11:27 PM

Poor bugger here at work bought 2 coin, at $14k average ea.

TBark
Old 02-09-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBark View Post
Poor bugger here at work bought 2 coin, at $14k average ea.

TBark
There's a sucker born everyday
Old 02-09-2018, 09:26 AM

$10486.00 this morning

Old 02-10-2018, 05:45 PM

$10512 today seems to have settled in

Old 02-15-2018, 10:03 AM

$12344.17 big jump

Old 02-18-2018, 09:42 AM

I find it interesting that the recent run up in bitcoin seems to somewhat be tracking the runup in US stock markets. The peak in the cryptos happened in December ahead of the markets meltup in January and subsequent correction we have had. Now cryptos seem to be rising right along with stocks. Stocks seem to be shrugging off higher yields and the short vol trade blowup, no doubt helped by the cash flowing back into the US thanks to the Trump tax plan. People are buying the dip as cryptos seem to be shrugging off increasing talk and calls for government intervention for now. (Big time influential investors are continuing to chime in about the folly of bitcoin and where it is heading in their opinions. Charlie Munger recently calling it a “noxious poison and asinine” and “our government's more lax approach to it is wrong. The right answer to something like that is to step on it hard.)

It will be interesting to watch if this bounce for bitcoin is just a blip before the next leg down, or if it continues to climb out of this hole and head back towards or above $20000. If we get further weakness in stocks will the cryptos will really sell off hard again? If stocks strengthen will cryptos enjoy a further short term run? Or vice/versa, as cryptos seem to be a leading a leading indicator for the general bullisheness in other risk assets. It will be interesting to watch how it plays out. Long term I think Charlie's probably got it right.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:40 AM

Mom said, "it's better to believe in God and find out there isn't one, than not believe and find out there is one".

I watched her loose nearly 3/4 of her retirement savings on the stock market due to a variety of reasons likely. She had her money with a large investment firm that controlled her assets and she lost big time.

One lesson we learned from that is don't have all your positions in once place. Diversification is our strategy when it comes to any type of investing, especially Crypto.

We only started with Crypto 3 months ago. I'm no expert and not computer savvy and frankly not a patient person. Fortunately for us, we have a friend who has a proven track record of success in Crypto. His 2 pieces of advice with Crypto are 1- don't put in more than you are willing to loose. 2- be patient.

It seems to me that Bitcoin has almost as many bad points as it does good points. Bill Gates said it's better than cash. Warren Buffet warns people to stay away, how do I decide???

With my moms "believe in God philosophy", we started investing in Crypto.

I'll tell you Bitcoin has been a bust, we got in small thankfully and are sitting at a 70% loss, ugh. But, with diversification, we have been vey successful with other Crypto. Many educated investors are saying it will climb again so we are holding on to it.

There are many other coins and ICO's to invest in. Without writing a book, I can say that after only 2 months, it's been awesome. We use a strategy I call 100%, 100% and play.

That means if we have a coin that doubles, we take back our initial investment. If it doubles again, we keep the next 100%. Then we play with the rest. Keep in mind we have already doubled our initial investment twice so the rest is a great bonus!

There are many reasons to avoid Bitcoin and Crypto and I see peoples hesitation and respect that. But our experience has been successful and We are glad to be part of it.

Lastly, my friend and mentor in Crypto is soon leaving his good paying job to start "mining" Crypto along with his investing strategies. He has partnered with another guy who has been mining for a few years and has excellent results. It's a little bold for us now but I'm anxiously awaiting his successes to see if it's right for me.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:43 AM

Diversify diversify diversify! Ethereum has had some of the best results for me. If you are investing into crypto just keep one thing in mind, when bitcoin crashes all the other alts (alternative coins) crash much harder, with exception to a few including ETH. So this is not financial advice, in fact stop reading right now if you listen to people online about investments, but what i do is get some money on a exchange (i use quadrigacx) and I patiently wait for a nice dip in bitcoin (usually 20-30% we consider a normal dip) and then i proceed to buy up alts. I stick with well known alts only with top ten market caps. Once bitcoin shows a solid recovery the alts usually rebound as well, some stronger then others. I’ve received great gains from this strategy, short term gains, the profits are used to buy up more long term coins like ethereum.

Good luck to all the gamblers
Old 02-20-2018, 06:43 PM

$14,140 today

Old 02-22-2018, 09:43 AM

Its crashing again if you want to buy soon.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:58 AM

$12,491 today

Old 02-22-2018, 06:27 PM

The criminal activity surrounding crypto and towards holders of cryptos is gaining more attention. Anonymity, one of the attractions of cryptos is becoming one of its biggest downfalls. It is an easy way to launder money and move the proceeds of crime and/or finance terrorism due to the difficulty in tracking transactions between parties. Criminal activity that are affecting individual crypto holders are also becoming increasingly common in the form of kidnaping and potentially violent robberies. They put a gun to your head and force you to transfer the crypto. Once the transaction goes through, the ability to follow it or get it back is slim. Something for the crypto wealthy to be aware of.

Its link to crime and its regulation was a hot topic at the recent World Economic Forum in Davos. That it is just a matter of time before western governments move on it was clearly telegraphed to the market Imo. Politicians and governments world wide are starting to understand the danger. How they regulate it and how soon they regulate it is the only question in my mind. Will they destroy the asset or allow it to survive in some form? Or will it survive and grow despite government regulation? Or will it collapse under the weight of its many faults?
Old 06-24-2018, 06:48 AM

$5900 USD/$8120 CAD today.
That was a stunning fall from almost $20000 in December. Any bulls left here?
Old 06-24-2018, 09:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
Still falling, down to $7819 Canadian. I'm surprised that there were people out there that DIDN'T understand the bubble it was. It has no underlying value other than what people think it is.

At least gold, silver and other assets have an underlying value and are used in manufacturing.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:

i would advise not to invest in any crypto currency , Prices are dropping everyday ...
Old 06-24-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
[...] due to the difficulty in tracking transactions between parties. [...]
Are you kidding? Do you know how blockchains work?

The whole thing is a long explicit record of every transaction made; essentially a very public, non-modifiable historic ledger. It's one of the most perfect transaction trackers ever devised, which can be read and copied by anyone, any time, at will.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays toyz View Post
Seems like a worldwide Ponzi Scheme.
Tough part is going to hang this on someone in the end. Real banks are forecasting total collapse. But them what do they know?

Grizz
Old 06-24-2018, 12:27 PM

From an investment point of view, if you were hell-bent on getting into cryptos by buying it because you believed in it, this is starting to become the time to diversify into it a bit. Bad idea to do it at the very beginning, as there are tons of lottery gambles which won't pay off for the vast majority of new ideas. If you have a one in ten thousand chance to make ten thousand times your initial investment, you'd have to spend your whole life just chasing your tail to break even. And it's a bad idea to jump in at the big run-up(s), as you can't time the progression of those. And not at the peak(s) either as that's just stupid.

Crypto's been around the block a few times now, got beat up and had much of the speculative excitement wrung out of it. The get-rich-quick artists are moving out with their gains or losses, and there's a chance the fiat market price could settle down to something sustainable. If you really understand it, believe in it, and can see how all the bugs will be worked out of it.

However, I personally never believed in exchanging common fiat currency for crypto. All your crypto assets should [have] come from generating them yourself computationally. (Sort of like growing your own grain, instead of going out and buying several tons of it just to speculate on a potential price increase.) Then you could speculate between different cryptos if you want[ed]. Or if you got in early before the difficulty factor became prohibitive, you could have just permanently cashed out into fiat as it peaked.

It's way too late now to start actively 'mining' it though. That train has left the station.

I'll reserve my fiat money for companies capable of actually producing something which can generate a cash flow of more fiat.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:18 PM

Talking A Fool And His Money . . .

Judging by many of the posts here on this thread, there's a lot of Homer Simpsons
that lurk here on the AO!
Old 06-24-2018, 01:44 PM

Gee, I wonder if the huge frenzy around the weed stocks are going to follow this exact same trend?

The bigger the hype the farther you should run but that's never the case with the average fool with a few extra dollars to rub against one another.