Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-14-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino81 View Post
Putz actually means someone who engages in inconsequential or unproductive activity.... kinda like criticizing someone because of there opinions would be a bit unproductive
Actually that is wrong. What you are backpedaling on is “putz” as a verb. You never used the word putz as a verb. You called cabertosser a putz. That is an insult. Even had you structured your sentence and used putz as a verb; you would still be wrong as making sure the world sees your opinion is wrong and drawn from a myopic view is hardly unproductive. Who do you plan on insulting, then backpedaling from next?
Old 12-14-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Actually that is wrong. What you are backpedaling on is “putz” as a verb. You never used the word putz as a verb. You called cabertosser a putz. That is an insult. Even had you structured your sentence and used putz as a verb; you would still be wrong as making sure the world sees your opinion is wrong and drawn from a myopic view is hardly unproductive. Who do you plan on insulting, then backpedaling from next?
your feelings hurt now to. Listen up. My opinion about military style non hunting rifles is my opinion. I don’t think they should be banned but they should be in my OPINION regulated and kept out of the hands of the people that are not responsible gun owners. Your opinion is a opinion. So is mine. Like it or not. You might just have to deal with it though. I’m not sure what all the hype is about them. That’s all. Don’t get all bent out of shape because I don’t share the same thoughts as you.
Old 12-14-2019, 04:50 PM

I fail to see the difference between a Browning Bar in .308 Win. and a M-14 in 7.62x51?

Other than looks both have 5 round detachable mags, can be scoped and both can be used for hunting.

Hollywood and CBC have educated the public scary looking guns are vastly more dangerous than plain hunting rifles.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:53 PM

Thumbs down

(not you Bat119)

we are definately off the rails.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-14-2019, 06:01 PM

It's just one guy with a contrary opinion, and he discovered he could annoy and irritate other members, so he doubled and tripled down. But his contention that 'lots of people think like him and have the same opinion'....not buying it. Sure there are a few Fudds like him around, but really he's not worth the energy to try and educate. He is more interested in getting a rise out of people here. Simple solution, it's in your control panel. Put him on ignore and enjoy life.

Or better yet, do like I did and buy another scary rifle (that I didn't need), just because I can. Need has nothing to do with it. I own guns, and shoot targets, and Hunt, because I like to.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-14-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
your feelings hurt now to. Listen up. My opinion about military style non hunting rifles is my opinion. I don’t think they should be banned but they should be in my OPINION regulated and kept out of the hands of the people that are not responsible gun owners. Your opinion is a opinion. So is mine. Like it or not. You might just have to deal with it though. I’m not sure what all the hype is about them. That’s all. Don’t get all bent out of shape because I don’t share the same thoughts as you.
We heard your opinion, now others are sharing theirs. Please allow us to hear them.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Putz actually means someone who engages in inconsequential or unproductive activity.... kinda like criticizing someone because of there opinions would be a bit unproductive
Didn’t you roast me for saying the actual meaning of a word ?
Old 12-14-2019, 06:09 PM

😂
Old 12-14-2019, 06:54 PM

Old 12-14-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
We heard your opinion, now others are sharing theirs. Please allow us to hear them.
Ok, I wasn’t interrupting. I haven’t done anything but defend myself and haven’t tried to stop anyone from giving opinions. Thanks
Old 12-14-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
It's just one guy with a contrary opinion, and he discovered he could annoy and irritate other members, so he doubled and tripled down. But his contention that 'lots of people think like him and have the same opinion'....not buying it. Sure there are a few Fudds like him around, but really he's not worth the energy to try and educate. He is more interested in getting a rise out of people here. Simple solution, it's in your control panel. Put him on ignore and enjoy life.

Or better yet, do like I did and buy another scary rifle (that I didn't need), just because I can. Need has nothing to do with it. I own guns, and shoot targets, and Hunt, because I like to
I was thinking of the same. I have always liked the looks of AR's and heard they shoot well.

My wife said one time she didnt think military style rifles are necessary in Canada, couldn't think of a reason why anyone should have one. She however didnt say that nobody should. I had to agree, it would be completely useless for me.
She really enjoys shooting handguns btw.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-14-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
The likelihood of you being capable of hurting my feelings are about as conceivable as you solving the hurdles of nuclear fusion. I never argued your opinion or view. I pointed out that you outright insulted cabertosser and tried to back-pedal after possibly being reprimanded as your post was deleted. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that you intentionally insulted cabertosser and that your pathetic attempt to cover up the action was only going to be believed by your mother. Nobody else here believes you didn’t mean to insult caber. Reading your posts, I’m glad we don’t share opinions. You know who else doesn’t share my opinions; Justin Trudeau.
Old 12-14-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I don’t think they should be banned but they should be in my OPINION regulated and kept out of the hands of the people that are not responsible gun owners.
So do you think regulations that only allow them to be fired at a registered range would be regulated enough?

Would you think that taking a course, having the RCMP do background and criminal checks, having to acquire a special license and maintain a criminal-free lifestyle would constitute responsible gun owners?
Old 12-14-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
The likelihood of you being capable of hurting my feelings are about as conceivable as you solving the hurdles of nuclear fusion. I never argued your opinion or view. I pointed out that you outright insulted cabertosser and tried to back-pedal after possibly being reprimanded as your post was deleted. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that you intentionally insulted cabertosser and that your pathetic attempt to cover up the action was only going to be believed by your mother. Nobody else here believes you didn’t mean to insult caber. Reading your posts, I’m glad we don’t share opinions. You know who else doesn’t share my opinions; Justin Trudeau.
your feelings are hurt! Lol. Either that or you are just extremely sensitive lol 😂. This has been fun. See ya in another 3 years city slickers!

Old 12-14-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
your feelings are hurt! Lol. Either that or you are just extremely sensitive lol 😂. This has been fun. See ya in another 3 years city slickers!

Really, that’s it???? My 7 year old daughter could debate these issues better than that. I hope you don’t try to have your dad meet me or my dad by the flagpole. I hope you keep this account active and come back and read these posts in the future. I think it will be rather eye-opening for you. Possibly even open your eyes in the 3 years when you promised you’d leave until.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think that your lack of insight or ignorance, would hurt the feelings of adults? Did this ploy work in grade seven?
Old 12-14-2019, 07:32 PM

Focus people, Non compliance.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:08 AM

Hey, lets do what some of the scandinavian countries do, 3yrs military service for everyone between an age bracket with mandatory reserve return every couple of years for training, take your weapon home and keep it at home (OH no everyone will have a black/green gun at home). Do away with welfare as everyone will have a trade and our military strength will increase from 50000 on a good day to 18,000,000 trained reservists everyday. The USA will sh!t their beds, oh well Canada has more land mass to protect.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk Chaser View Post
Lets look at this b.s. from a different angle. The Ottawa boneheads are adamant that guns are bad for us, that they have the potential to take away life. Hey boneheads what about vehicles? More people die from auto accidents than guns, just saying. Oh look, that ford killed somebody, we are going ban all fords just because somebody died from that ford. Chargers are gone because they "LOOK" bad. Really, they need to hear it from everyone that their way of thinking is wrong. I would like to know how many ppl died this past year from auto accidents compared to firearm deaths > Just saying
They are trying to take away our ability to move freely. What do you think the carbon tax is about? This whole thing has nothing to do with public safety, and everything to do with us being on the road to an authoritarian government. The 3 things they need to control are guns, vehicles/transportation, and speech to do that. Which is why certain parties are always attacking those things, so that citizens can lose their rights. Some people just go along with it because they dont know their history, or they think they wont be effected and will be in a position of power when a authoritarian government takes over.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 12-15-2019, 08:35 AM

I hope those who are ok with the banning of military firearms and feel they need higher regulation at the min realize that the military does use bolt action rifles too

Canada’s laws and hunting regulations are the only thing that prevents the use of some restricted firearms from being used for hunting. The AR and similar firearms is common for predator hunting in some place’s. Handgun hunting is another common thing in other countries, and the SKS and mini 14 are presently used by Canadians for hunting but under attack in Canada

All firearms are equally dangerous in the wrong hands and all firearms are safe in a responsible users hands

There is not one single case of a firearm that has committed murder without a human being involved. There are a lot of cases of people committing murder without a firearm though

I wonder what the real problem is
Old 12-15-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I was thinking of the same. I have always liked the looks of AR's and heard they shoot well.

My wife said one time she didnt think military style rifles are necessary in Canada, couldn't think of a reason why anyone should have one. She however didnt say that nobody should. I had to agree, it would be completely useless for me.
She really enjoys shooting handguns btw.
Everyone should have one to protect themselves from bad government. It took 6 years in Nazi Germany to go from a mostly free state, to one where they were sending the Jews to concentration camps. Dont think it cant happen here with sparkle socks in power.

In saying that, they also are great for target shooting. Less recoil, and half decently accurate.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 12-15-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
They are trying to take away our ability to move freely. What do you think the carbon tax is about? This whole thing has nothing to do with public safety, and everything to do with us being on the road to an authoritarian government. The 3 things they need to control are guns, vehicles/transportation, and speech to do that. Which is why certain parties are always attacking those things, so that citizens can lose their rights. Some people just go along with it because they dont know their history, or they think they wont be effected and will be in a position of power when a authoritarian government takes over.
Nailed it right there......
Old 12-15-2019, 09:17 AM

When one gets down to the brass tacks of firearms and government confiscation people typically fall into two camps. One camp has a lot of passive people who are convinced that only the government should have firearms. These sorts generally don’t apply any logic to their stance as it will usually have a few contradictions with other political beliefs that they pretend to support, such as liberty of the individual and that the government works for us and not the other way around.

The other camp consists of people who are more independent and self-reliant. They see firearms as a tool and use them for hunting, predator control and, if necessary, would see fit to use them in a home defense situation, whatever that entails (rural robbers? Something more widespread?).

Ultimately, all firearms, regardless of type, all accelerate a projectile down a barrel towards the direction its operator aims it. A Remington 597 .22lr semi auto can lawfully use a 70 round capacity magazine and it’s not restricted, yet by appearance would not visually frighten the uneducated anti so much as an AR-15 with a 5 round magazine, despite having 65 more cartridges in it, legally. An M-1 Garand lawfully holds 8 rounds, is semi-automatic and most non-firearms folks would look at it and think “hunting rifle”.

Comparison of two rifles loaded to their lawful capacity within Canada, note that only the M1 Garand can be taken anywhere, the AR-15 being compared can only be fired at a restricted-approved range. The Garand on the other hand, you can take anywhere.

8 rounds of M2 ball ammunition has 21,248 ft lbs of energy: 8 x 2656 ft/lbs per round = 21,248 total ft/lbs

5 rounds of .223 55 grain HP ammunition: 5 x 1282 ft/lbs per round = 6410 total ft/lbs of energy

This is where the anti’s uneducated opinion unravels. Even anti’s that might own an old Cooey .22 or Ithaca .410. Thoughts without the benefit of knowledge, such as statements like wanting people with restricted firearms to be more heavily scrutinized. News flash: they already are.
Old 12-15-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
This guy gets it
Old 12-15-2019, 11:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
It’s been funny reading your political views over the years.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
No need to apologize for stating your opinion, this is a discussion forum; it doesn't matter who gets their panties in a knot over it. As much as I, and many others, disagree with your opinion on this topic, please do not censor yourself on this or other topics in the future. Open discussion includes considering opposing points of view, and thick skin.

BTW- is beer typing a modern version of beer goggles?
Well said. Some need to stop the chest-beating.
Old 12-15-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
It’s been funny reading your political views over the years.
Well I started listening to guys like Milton Friedman. What Friedman says makes a lot of sense to me. You know how the quote goes “If your not a liberal in your 20’s I question your heart, if your not a conservative in your 40’s I question your mind.” Or something to that effect. The truth is I just want to see the most people possible get ahead and live comfortably. Friedman does a great job of explaining why less government interference does that.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:51 PM
Banned

I cannot wait to see the look on Canadian gun owners' faces that supports confiscation of firearms, when the Canadian Communist Party comes for them and rounds them up and put a bag over their heads.

Love it, it's like re-watching the Russian Bolshevik revolution and Nazi round up of jews all over again.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:23 PM

Now I see some moron over on Facebook, referring to the AR-15 as a weapon of mass destruction, and that is why it should be banned. Just how much more ridiculous can people get?
Old 12-15-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Your points are nonsensical and obviously uninformed. You surely must know that IOT own a rifle such as an AR-15 one must be in possession of an RPAL which the application and approval process is far more onerous and invasive that that of simple PAL holders. Explain how they are not regulated? They are regulated to death, what are you talking about?.

Responsible gun owners? Again, RPAL holders are the most vetted citizens in the country and they along with every PAL holder has their name run through CPIC on a daily basis looking for red flags that could constitute the suspension or even revocation of their licence.

Your opinion is based entirely on misinformation and pure ignorance.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetail503 View Post
Your points are nonsensical and obviously uninformed. You surely must know that IOT own a rifle such as an AR-15 one must be in possession of an RPAL which the application and approval process is far more onerous and invasive that that of simple PAL holders. Explain how they are not regulated? They are regulated to death, what are you talking about?.

Responsible gun owners? Again, RPAL holders are the most vetted citizens in the country and they along with every PAL holder has their name run through CPIC on a daily basis looking for red flags that could constitute the suspension or even revocation of their licence.

Your opinion is based entirely on misinformation and pure ignorance.
This is actually wrong. The same screen and vetting is applied to both PAL and RPAL applications. The CFO doesn`t break it down into levels. If a person is approved to own firearms only 2 things need to be met to get the RPAL designation.

1. You completed the RPAL course.

and

2. You have a legitimate purpose for the possession which in Canada currently only include target practice and/or collection.