Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2019, 09:55 PM

The Spam Museum in Minnesota is a must-see for Spam aficionados - and it's free! We really enjoyed it. Hawaii is still the biggest consumer of Spam, and there's a ton of different flavours. They even have the Monty Python 'Spam Skit' on a continual loop.

My older brother had me convinced that the old "Boneless Chickens" sold in cans, were born boneless and had to be raised in anti-gravity chambers. Now that's what he calls eggs - boneless chickens.

If you're a fan of cooked corned beef, you might want to try 'Schwartz's Montreal-style Smoked Meat'. It's small, vacuum-sealed packets of fully cooked, excellent quality smoked meat. Well balanced spices and very little fat. No refrigeration needed, just heat the packet in boiling water/microwave, or slice it thin and fry it up with your scrambled eggs. One packet is the right size for a generous sandwich - just add mustard and a crunchy dill pickle, maybe some sauerkraut on the side (from a jar - that also needs no refrigeration) Safeway sells it in Schwartz boxes, near the meat section, with the hams and prepared meals (but not in the deli section). Costco sometimes carries it too https://www.costcobusinesscentre.ca/...100336475.html
Old 12-13-2019, 10:34 PM

lots of variety in cans....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg burger.jpg (34.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg tongues.jpg (12.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg yum.jpg (10.9 KB, 14 views)
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 12-14-2019, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemad View Post
Once you scrpe off all that clear colored jelly stuff on the outside some of it wasn't too bad.

Sounds like a Newfie thing, man do those boys LOVE those Vienna canned sausages, they also have that jelly coating on them too
Old 12-14-2019, 08:16 AM

Default Spam with Bacon?

Best of both worlds?

Can't remember where I bought my last can from but here it is in Wally World land.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SPAM-with...e-Can/10311793
Old 12-14-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teledogs View Post
Bacon is timelessly interesting, especially in a can.
The chicken keeps quite well too.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:17 AM

Back in my younger days my mom would cut up chickens and can them for us to take on hunting trips. We’d open a jar dump it in a Dutch oven add potatoes carrots onions some water bring it all to a simmer near the end add dumplings and some flour to make a gravy cook till the dumplings were cooked then eat.

Always had klick or spam as well. Chopped up sautéed with onions and root vegetables served with fried eggs and bread was another great meal.

We’d even slice the click cook it over a fire like a hotdog and eat it in a hot sandwich.

Think I’m going to cook some up my next trip out on the ice.

BW