Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-02-2013, 09:33 PM

Default help with a Winchester 100

So I have this old Wini 100. My father decided to clean it and the bolt would not open. The safety looks like it's in the middle and it won't move. Does anyone know what I need to do to solve this problem?
Old 03-03-2013, 07:27 AM

The position of the safety shouldn't have ny bearing on the movement of the action. I would apply a liberal amount of solvent to the action to see if it will free up. You could also try using a strap on the bolt handle to increase the force you can apply to it.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:10 AM

From what I remember this is more than likely all happening at the front of your bolt. The locking lugs rotate to lock up when closed and it is a tight fit. I had one that had been left dirty and was a real bugger to get opened. I would try spraying the bolt with kroil or some other good solvent and let stand overnight with the muzzle down. In the one I had,the rotating mech inside the bolt was also stiff as heck. A thorough breakdown will be required. Have you had the firing pin update done yet?
Old 03-03-2013, 02:10 PM

Have to check if the firing pin has been done. The previous owner doesn't know because he acquired it from another person who bought it brand new in 1967. Will try to lube it up. Thanks guys.