Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-24-2024, 07:16 AM

Default Beretta 1301 tactical 12ga???

Handled one of these last week at P&D. Can’t believe how light they are. Now it’s got me thinking that I might need one for calling coyotes.

Just wondering if anyone has one or has shot one. Even though it’s a gas gun I would imagine it would have pretty good recoil with 3” 00 Buck.
Old 01-24-2024, 08:05 AM

Not a high jack but I'm in the same boat, I keep going back and forth on the 1301 or a Benelli tactical.....
Old 01-24-2024, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Handled one of these last week at P&D. Can’t believe how light they are. Now it’s got me thinking that I might need one for calling coyotes.

Just wondering if anyone has one or has shot one. Even though it’s a gas gun I would imagine it would have pretty good recoil with 3” 00 Buck.
That’s an interesting looking unit. No personal experience myself with the specific shotgun but for comparisons sake; my Vinci that I use is 6.94lbs empty. Only holds 3 rounds. The one you’re looking at is 6.7lbs empty and holds 7+1. Weight wise, I would think you’re just fine. Mine is most ignorant with recoil when shooting Remington Hyper Steel. All other buck shot I have ran through is awful mild in comparison to the RHS. That 7+1 capacity is awfully attractive. I wish I could run a mag extension on mine. Even holding 5 would be sweet. I think you should get it and report back. Lol
Old 01-24-2024, 05:01 PM

Quote:

A 1301 is an auction item on January 27th Calgary SCI Auction.

https://www.onlinehuntingauctions.co...-12g_i51518175

Bidding is started.

There is a reserve.
Old 01-24-2024, 05:57 PM

Quote:

Haven't run 3" though it yet, but it runs like a top. Incredibly fast scattergun and some aftermarket upgrades are available. Does have a fairly short LOP and the checkering is kinda aggressive but overall a great unit. Could also consider the Mossberg 940 Tactical, as its significantly cheaper and is optic ready.
Old 01-24-2024, 06:03 PM

Right now I’m using a Turkish clone of a Benelli M4, it seems to work well but is heavy compared to the 1301 tactical.

I don’t know about putting a red dot on a shotgun, a bead or the ghost ring sights work pretty well. I do have a little vortex venom I could try if I do get one.