Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-28-2023, 07:48 PM

Default Donations for wife to practice

Hello,
My wife seems to have a passion for taxidermy and just finished a course and got her license. We're wondering if anyone happens to have or come across something she can practice on.

Anything would be great, even something small like a racoon, skunk, etc..

We're in Med Hat but can drive out to pick something up.

https://imgur.com/gallery/eeWnGMq

Attached pic is a deer she did on the course
Old 09-29-2023, 11:19 AM

My Baby brother Big Zeke would be a fitting specimen! He hardly moves, and we wonder if that smell is his natural condition or if he has started to rot!

I know it would be a challenge, but maybe your wife could stretch out his wrinkles a bit, maybe move some hair off his back to his head, and trim a few pounds off here and there, if you know what I mean!

After all, we want him to look better than the Original, if that is at all possible.

Drewski
Old 09-29-2023, 12:03 PM

Default A Lawyer with time on his hands...

is more dangerous than a bored surgeon.

I was going to offer up Mr Canuck; fixing his flapping gums will be a challenge, there is a selection of chins that she will have to choose, good news is the brain has almost no mileage on it and it's shot glass size is perfect. Tanning the expansive hide will be useful if covering a gymnasium or football field though arranging a steam roller to flatten out the broad midriff could be tough.

She is learning so she really can't make him uglier than the cruel joke Mother Nature has already played. The finished product will either be an improvement or a sad and frightening documentary

In life, as in afterlife, Mr Canuck poses many challenges, that may be his greatest gift.

Now get back to arguing about imaginary facts.

Zeke
Old 09-29-2023, 12:28 PM

Messaged you Alex.
Old 09-29-2023, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big zeke View Post
is more dangerous than a bored surgeon.

I was going to offer up Mr Canuck; fixing his flapping gums will be a challenge, there is a selection of chins that she will have to choose, good news is the brain has almost no mileage on it and it's shot glass size is perfect. Tanning the expansive hide will be useful if covering a gymnasium or football field though arranging a steam roller to flatten out the broad midriff could be tough.

She is learning so she really can't make him uglier than the cruel joke Mother Nature has already played. The finished product will either be an improvement or a sad and frightening documentary

In life, as in afterlife, Mr Canuck poses many challenges, that may be his greatest gift.

Now get back to arguing about imaginary facts.

Zeke
That was well played. In fact quite a descriptive, comprehensive like a surgical drone strike with a missle ...... I bet Drewski is licking his wounds now ...., ..... that'l teach him'