Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2016, 04:06 PM

Default High Level

This makes me feel really good right now.

I've been thinking about the Fort Mac people all day.

Norbord is an OSB plant. Stockpile and feeder chutes are on fire.

I'm sure they'll get it out, but the wind is blowing really hard and it makes a guy worry.

Either way, hold your families close this season folks, keep lots of gas and stuff on hand. This is going to be a f----g rough one.

-Billy Currington (People are crazy)

Currently retired from hunting due to injury, but looking to get back on the wagon in 2020. Up in Yellowknife and missing my Alberta home big time.

This is the kind of thinking we are up against, vote Conservative this election!

Full Thread: https://imgur.com/a/y7RARBC

Last edited by thirty-30; 05-04-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:52 PM

Crazy dry everywhere. Hope the fire at the plant gets put out. You think in these dry times they would have extra precautions and preventive measures in place at the mills/plants.

Feel so bad for the Fort Mac residents. I know of person that use to shoot IDPA in our club that lost her home yesterday.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Fishing Maniac View Post
Crazy dry everywhere. Hope the fire at the plant gets put out. You think in these dry times they would have extra precautions and preventive measures in place at the mills/plants.

Feel so bad for the Fort Mac residents. I know of person that use to shoot IDPA in our club that lost her home yesterday.
Many places are taking extra precautions. What makes you say that? Many plants/mills have gone total no smoking on property, not using areas of yards with high grass, etc etc this spring....
Old 05-04-2016, 05:09 PM

Default Evacs

Starting evacuations near the plant, if you are between Norbord and High Level apparently.

Currently retired from hunting due to injury, but looking to get back on the wagon in 2020. Up in Yellowknife and missing my Alberta home big time.

This is the kind of thinking we are up against, vote Conservative this election!

Last edited by thirty-30; 05-04-2016 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:25 PM

Pray God everyone gets out alive !
Cat
Old 05-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty-30 View Post
Starting evacuations near the plant, if you are between Norbord and High Level apparently.

I know the wind is pushing the fire away from tpwn, but if the wind changes dirrectipn and the order the whole town out, do you have a place to go?
Remember you are welcome in my home anytime
Quote:
This makes me feel really good right now.

I've been thinking about the Fort Mac people all day.

Norbord is an OSB plant. Stockpile and feeder chutes are on fire.

I'm sure they'll get it out, but the wind is blowing really hard and it makes a guy worry.

Either way, hold your families close this season folks, keep lots of gas and stuff on hand. This is going to be a f----g rough one.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

George Bernard Shaw
Old 05-04-2016, 06:57 PM

You are too kind.

I think I am good, but I will get your digits in PM just in case.

There's two other guys from the area on the forums here and I haven't heard from them yet, too.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:24 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
You are too kind.

I think I am good, but I will get your digits in PM just in case.

There's two other guys from the area on the forums here and I haven't heard from them yet, too.

Your mail box is full. My freinds call me Jim.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 05-04-2016, 07:27 PM

my same offer goes out here as was given to the folks from ft mcmurray: we have space on our acreage to help a family or two if needed. lots of room for trucks and trailers, 120v hookups, showers, food, water etc etc. we also have our truck camper available if needed.

our little farm is in Marie Reine - 10 minutes south of Peace River on secondary hwy 744. we're happy to help if somebody is in need.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:25 PM

Ready to roll if need be. Throw the rifles in the back seat, and I'm out. (And a couple more straps on the machine)

Let's just hope it doesn't come to that. Lots of people around me are leaving now. It doesn't look that bad, looks like it's being contained but people aern't taking chances,.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:01 PM

Fire is contained to the OSB plant yard. It's out inside the plant, though I'm hearing it's a write off, which will be devastating to the local economy. It just remains in the log yard and crews are breaking that up so it won't re-ignite. Jolly good show, it seems.

So says the mayor on the town's facebook page.

I'm gonna get some sleep.