Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-05-2016, 09:37 PM

Default Big Green: The new religion

I've always been sceptical of any religion; in fact I'd go so far as to say that religion is one of mankind's biggest mistakes. We were told in school that "faith" is one of man's basic needs. Faith in what? Faith that death is not the end? Faith that a greater power is looking out for us? You can hold onto these imaginary hopes if you want, but I choose to accept life as it happens and hold myself responsible for the outcome.When I die,I'll be worm food and the Bible is just a big book of fairy tales.
Historically, religion has played an important role in the acquisition and control of power by a few over the many. Religion's most important tools are fear and ignorance. It's no mystery why the most hard-core religions thrive in poorer countries with low levels of practical education.
Just imagine how much more scientifically advanced we could have been by now as a species if we hadn't wasted centuries of human existence on the futility of religion.
In the modern world, thankfully, most of us can see through the veil of religion and it has taken a less important role in politics and the way we regard each other. You can be a good person even if you don't go to church every Sunday.
Sadly, however, it looks like some of us with weaker cerebration are falling victim to the new religion:Enviromentalism. This frightening new movement carries all the hallmarks of tyranical fear-based, power grabbing religious fundamentalism that has decayed human progress for eons. Is it really so hard to see that, people? If you've buckled under the lies of Big Green and believe that the current natural cycle of climate change is due to man's activities, you are nothing but a fool.
If we let government have their way with carbon taxation and all their subsidized clean energy incentives, we are on the brink of another dark ages. The Pope and all his Cardinals will get filthy rich while the rest of us just keep on paying more and more for everything.
Well, that's my rant for the day.