Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-20-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty View Post
Thank god for that.

But if a weapon becomes available which gives you a better chance to manipulate or put a liability in its place, would you not use that together with any current ones if it was presented to you as a nearly free gift?
My Lord the conspiracies are are flying tonight aren't they?
Cat
Old 06-20-2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
My Lord the conspiracies are are flying tonight aren't they?
Cat
At the government and corporate level, stuff doesn't just happen and directions are not taken just by chance. Even in these days of excessive taxation, excessively low interest rates and stock buy-backs (which used to be illegal BTW), money and effort and time are not free. So careful selections are made from all feasible opportunities to spend those on.

They/we cannot afford to take trivial, arbitrary or careless parasitic actions just for the heck of it. Like a movie, everything in the set has a purpose. Nothing is there 'just because', or due to some whimsical decision.

I like the word 'design' or 'purpose' rather than conspiracy. Gives you a more level, neutral opportunity to cleanly figure out what's going on in an increasingly complicated world.