Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Maybe u should move out of the basement....lol
Moved out 14 years ago.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Maybe u should move out of the basement....lol
funny how it's always a right leaning individual who resorts to personal attacks against someone engaging in a polite discussion.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 01-21-2014, 05:45 PM

Default Cbc website censorship of viewer comments

If you ever have a complaint about the CBC website censorship of viewer comments please click on the following PETITION.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/314/7...d-immediately/

THANK YOU!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
let's tax corporations as if they were persons. they recieve all the legal rights of persons, but I pay 40% income tax while a corporation pays what, 16%. doesn't seem fair now does it.
When a corporation pays tax, since a corporation isn't a person, who do you think pays that tax?

Corporate taxes are just another tax on consumers. (That would be you and I)

Corporation: "Yay, I'm making 20% profit this year."
Government: "We're going to tax you 16%."
Corporation: "Oh darn, I guess we'll just take that out of our net profits and not pass those costs on to anyone."
WildandFree: "Yay, score one for the little guy."
Rugatika: "Yeah, right."

PS: Corporations don't vote.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:20 PM
Banned

The CBC is nothing more than a joke that spews left-wing propaganda using our tax dollars. I still can't believe we allow this to happen. They wouldn't last a miilisecond if they were forced to go private. The CBC is a disgrace to Canada!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:23 PM

Default cbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nof60 View Post
So basically when you and most people on here negatively comment on CBC you are talking out of your butt. I never read them but I heard from a guy who knows a guy who dated a girl who read online that all CBC stories are liberal propaganda. Typical SUN News fan. Still waiting for all these slobbering liberal stories.
LOL...your freakin kidding yourself? This hard core left wing media all the way.

Just had quick look at cbc.ca...clicked on the Politics tab...

look over their bloggers, authors and commentators?? Kady Omalley??

Also noted them flogging Olivia chow's new and timely book....Gettin ready to take on Ford in the next TO election I guess??

Started watching the interview to see if she would explain why her husband liked "rub n Tugs" more than her. Stopped watching...because I figured they wouldn't want to go there plus I started to throw up in my mouth a little.

Not much liberal party news other than how everyone will be honoring the Great J. Cretian.....or what ever his name is...
Old 01-21-2014, 09:28 PM

One does not have look very hard or very long to find several links between the CBC & the Federal Liberals. A quick 5 miniute lookup found the following.

1) CBC pollster accused of liberal bias.

2) Peter Mansbridge is sorry for shamelessly promoting Liberal talking points

3) CBC finds an ally in Federal Liberal party

I could go on but don't believe that CBC or Liberal supporters will be swayed no matter how much evidence is produced. One would have to be massively blind not to think the CBC and the Liberal party are supporters of each other. If you think that way most people would say you are entitled to do so. However don't try to tell us what we can see as not being the blatant truth.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Banned

If the CBC is not left wing bias why are only left wingers defending it?
Old 01-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Banned

Right now, Sun News is campaigning against arts funding. Taxpayer money going to artsy-fartsy stuff. The scandal of it all. Sun News is finger-wagging, fussing about somebody who does stuff you don’t understand getting an arts grant. Of course, the problem with things you don’t understand is that it makes you think of other things you don’t understand. Like the inexplicable but undeniable fact that Quebecor, corporate owner of the Sun News, got a lot of money in grants from the federal government’s Publications Assistance Program

A simple click on the Canadian Heritage site reveals that for the year 2009-10 alone, eight magazines by TVA Publications (a Quebecor property) pocketed $2,108,657 in grants under the Publications Assistance Program.

At that moment I found myself wondering if Krista Erickson, in her frenzy of sophistry, would lead the same style of interview with Don Cherry, who never misses a chance to recall his support for the war. Don Cherry who, for his frequently contemptuous commentary between two periods of hockey on public television, takes home a salary estimated at more than $700,000 (and refuses to reveal the actual total of his contract).

[..] These details don’t interest Sun TV News. But an average $100,000 per year to support the activities of one of the most respected dancers in the country and the members of her troupe, well, that is fodder for a scandal.

Faced with a 10-per-cent cut in its federal funding, CBC could make a reasonable saving on the line item that reads “Flamboyant hockey analyst ... estimated $800 K.” Especially after the year just past, in which Stewart rebuked Don Cherry for his on-air comments about three former players (he called them “pukes”) and in which Canadian NHL clubs complained to Stewart personally about the Coach’s Corner star
Old 01-21-2014, 11:07 PM
Banned

Why are you comparing the CBC to the SNN? Is it because they are polar opposites, the CBC representing a left wing bias and the SNN a right wing one?
Old 01-21-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post

Old 01-21-2014, 11:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why are you comparing the CBC to the SNN? Is it because they are polar opposites, the CBC representing a left wing bias and the SNN a right wing one?
op was about cbc recievi ng public funding and it seems suns parent company is not adverse to the public trough itself. Seems reasonable considering that during their most popular program (Ezra) more people are wandering around West Ed Mall than are watching the program from coast to coast and during the rest of their programs more people are viewing this forum than watching SUN.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
op was about cbc recievi ng public funding and it seems suns parent company is not adverse to the public trough itself. Seems reasonable considering that during their most popular program (Ezra) more people are wandering around West Ed Mall than are watching the program from coast to coast and during the rest of their programs more people are viewing this forum than watching SUN.
The SNN is not receiving ANY taxpayer funds whatsoever. They just went through a process to have the channel included in cable packages that would have got them about $.18/subscriber but it was decline by the CRTC. The SNN is losing money. There's no funding for the channel other than the advertising revenue that they bring in. What are you trying to say, that the parent company is diverting the grants that they get from their other ventures directly to the SNN?
Old 01-22-2014, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Your comparison of funding for arts and publications compared to what the CBC gets is ridiculous.

The OP was about funding. The CBC has a biased left wing agenda and it's not appropriate for EVERYONE to be paying for it. Its not a good thing for a national government broadcaster. I would love to read your postings if the right wing/Conservative party used this entity to there advantage.

OK?...Now go report to your supervisor!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-22-2014, 12:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
The SNN is not receiving ANY taxpayer funds whatsoever. They just went through a process to have the channel included in cable packages that would have got them about $.18/subscriber but it was decline by the CRTC. The SNN is losing money. There's no funding for the channel other than the advertising revenue that they bring in. What are you trying to say, that the parent company is diverting the grants that they get from their other ventures directly to the SNN?
you answered your own question. Unless you are the CPC if you spend more than you take in then you cease to exist so yes they are being subsidized by a parent company who is recieveing gov grants hence SNN is being subsidized by the Canadian Taxpayer.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
CBC makes a lot of good shows. As well they report regional news quite well. Do they lean a little left? Sure in there newscasting but their needs to be a balance to the right. Their kids programming is second to none and without them Canadian Content on the TV would be simply non existant. I enjoy Dragons Den, Republic of Doyle, Market Place, The Fifth Estate and yes even The Nature of Things on occasion. They had a great one on the other night on the Bubonic Plague. Good quality CANADIAN family programming. Just because their news service has not drank the BIG BUSINESS GOOD, ENVIRONMENT BAD hick mindset is no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water. You can always truck on over to SUN for your dose of RIGHT wing nonsense and have your ego stroked about mans (I mean foreign oil companies) dominion over nature.
I agree.

Its hard to believe that so many of the same guys that wish to be rid of the CBC join another thread complaining about the destruction of Canadian culture by immigrants.

We import a lot more than people folks and guess what has the greatest impact upon Canadian culture...a few folks from overseas or that box in your living room?

The CBC played a major role in cementing the identity that you claim to cherish.
Why not capitalize on something that can reach every home rather than tear it down and make it even easier for the rest of the world to try to mold us in their image?.

It defies reason.

If anything...we need to fund the CBC better to endure that Canadian identity does nit suffer further losses.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophyboy View Post
The CBC is nothing more than a joke that spews left-wing propaganda using our tax dollars. I still can't believe we allow this to happen. They wouldn't last a miilisecond if they were forced to go private. The CBC is a disgrace to Canada!

Thats funny perhaps you forgot or were not aware that the CBC was instrumental in producing and sending out the wests propoganda to the eastern block during the cold war.
In fact... the CBC was often reported by defectors to be the chief source of outside news and the inspiration that they used to escape the soviet block.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post

Thats funny perhaps you forgot or were not aware that the CBC was instrumental in producing and sending out the wests propoganda to the eastern block during the cold war.
In fact... the CBC was often reported by defectors to be the chief source of outside news and the inspiration that they used to escape the soviet block.
That's a cool bit of history. Got any links, I'd like to read more about that.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:00 AM

Default Neil Young and the CBC

I,m not big on the CBC , my wife comes from a familly of staunch Bolsheviks
Should of had her tested before the nuptials. She loves the cbc
I was impressed with their handling of the Neil young fiasco , more
Informative than sun news take that Neil was full of it .
Nobody watches more hockey than me , I just hate to see tax dollars
Go to this , state owned anything in a Democratic free enterprise system
Irks me . But in all honesty I think we drifted from that mode of Government .
I understand their mandate to look unbiased ,sometimes those lines
Are blurry , they appear to be ragging on their bosses , but they usually suck
Hole their way back . This is an eastern Canada based operation , you know
Where the mayor of the largest city is a carny act , only speaking Trinidadian
Patois at the moment....The only good thing that comes out of eastern Canada
Is the Trans Canada Hiway , if the natives in the west want to get on the good
Side of Westerners blockade the Number one for a couple of years.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Without gov funding there will be no alternative to american garbage tv. Canada simply does not have a big enough population to support it without gov money......

Hunter Dave it ****es me off that my tax dollars pay for fighter jets...........and Indian Reserves, ........but thats the way it goes man. We dont get to chose where the money goes, we elect people to do that.
I am glad we have a government that wants to build up our Canadian Forces that the Liberals so graciously tore down. I do not mine my tax dollars going to that. As far as Indian Reserves go.... well a treaty is a treaty & it has to be up held just like any contract that we sign.

However like others have said :"for those who want the CBC then go the "public support way". I would like to see my tax $$$ not go to cbc radio or t.v.. Heck if the cbc sinks then those other Cnd. networks can pick up those cbc tv shows if folks demand it. Let Rodgers pick those shows up.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post

Maybe you're thinking of the BBC world service, or Radio Free Europe.

The CBC is to media what velvet Elvis paintings are to fine art.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:21 AM

Default CTV Garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbart View Post
Excellent post. Right on the point. CBC news and commentary is very biased and should not be publicly funded. They have a very defined and obvious agenda. CTV/Bell ...run by an american CEO ...with a lot of skin in the wireless game are also very biased....but then again they are not publicly funded. The CBC could have a roll as an outlet for regional and national programming. They need to get out of the political influence game. I hope they get s*$%t canned for that reason alone.
If you want to see a good example of bias in the media...just note CTV's coverage of the up and coming wireless spectrum auctions. Their coverage of Verizons contemplated entry into Canada was also amusing. The CBC spews out the same type of garbage regularly...problem is we are ALL paying for it.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/04...n_7035896.html

http://www.bce.ca/aboutbce/executiveteams/kcrull

This guy is lucky I am not in charge. By the time he got back over the border, he would look and feel like he just spent 20 years in a Kanukistan prison.

This dbag American was a hard core opponent of Harper and don't think for a minute he wasn't influencing what millions of Canadians watched on the news every single night.

What a disgraceful display of Journalism by Lisa Laflem and crew while this guy was running them.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
They should have privatized it the same time as they did the liquor stores.

(yes, I know that was just a provincial thing)

My brother in law is a cameraman for a competing network, and he's noted the CBC's wastefulness when they show up at an event with 5 people and two trucks (one being the satellite rig with the telescoping tower) that he and his newscaster manage to cover with just the two of them and one SUV.
I'd bet he'd take a gig at CBC the second they offered.

I know at least one guy who was a CBC hater, big time...now he's a shooter in their news department.

Maybe not you're bro in law, but I know a lot of guys that bash them would love to work for them....probably not an exclusive to that industry.
Hater's gotta hate...until a gig opens up on the other side of the fence.

Last edited by happy honker; 04-11-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:30 PM

I don't do CBC TV but am a CBC Radio listener, even though they annoy me sometimes.

Here is why I am a CBC Radio listener:

The music played is quite varied, ranging from the latest pop styles to Renaissance harpsicord. I like variety.

The interview guests are varied and present diverse life experiences and points of view. Some of those stories come from far-flung parts of my country. I like hearing stories about people from other places, not just about those in my immediate area as happens on commercial radio.

There is no advertising whatsoever, which means that I don't have to listen to annoying sales pitches about stuff I don't need.

Because CBC researches and produces lots of radio programming, it incurrs costs that the mainstream stations do not have. CBC Radio also doesn't receive the advertising revenue streams that commercial radio stations do.

Among my dislikes is some on-air personalities' bias against firearms and hunting. There certainly is a knee-jerk tendency not to understand that firearms have legitimate purposes that are actually useful to Society.

Hopefully I won't get sacked for taking a contrary view.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Banned

This threD seems to show a trend of left wingers being pot stirrers who like to push the limits until it's too late. The proof is in the unproportionally high number of banned lefties on this thread...

Doesn't CBC stand for "Can't Be Certain"?
Old 04-11-2015, 04:21 PM

Who else would put bobsledding and the Calgary Stampede on TV?
Old 04-11-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
This threD seems to show a trend of left wingers being pot stirrers who like to push the limits until it's too late. The proof is in the unproportionally high number of banned lefties on this thread...

Doesn't CBC stand for "Can't Be Certain"?
I'm still here.

I had a good time with this thread, was a great debate.

I personally draw a different conclusion about the higher portion of banned supporters of the CBC to the right wing bias of the forum membership, kind of like the left wing bias of the CBC relating to the higher percentage of left wing Canadians.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 04-12-2015, 07:40 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
They load up on the left side but have no centres or right wingers hence why they are a well rounded organization just like the Edmonton oilers

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-12-2015, 11:25 AM

Default Cbc

Is it worthy of getting tax dollars?

Not in my opinion. All the "great" programming will survive if it's so great.

Get a big axe and start chopping.

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 04-13-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcampbster View Post
Is this organization worthy of getting tax payer support?
No