Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-08-2020, 08:40 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

hmmm I took the ol'303 out for a cleaning....first time in 3 years....yup looks good now....last week hit a milk jug off hand at 100yards....first shot....oil...and whatever else was nesting in it didn't affect the ol'girl….but it was built for this not like the fandangled high priced high maintenance rigs out there now.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-08-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
hmmm I took the ol'303 out for a cleaning....first time in 3 years....yup looks good now....last week hit a milk jug off hand at 100yards....first shot....oil...and whatever else was nesting in it didn't affect the ol'girl….but it was built for this not like the fandangled high priced high maintenance rigs out there now.....
You gave me a chuckle ! There is some merit to it !
Old 04-08-2020, 05:36 PM

Sometimes we just don’t know ... I’ve heard a lot of complaints regarding “the wind” tossing a flier out of the group ... but never when the wind blows a wayward shot into the group
Old 04-08-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Sometimes we just don’t know ... I’ve heard a lot of complaints regarding “the wind” tossing a flier out of the group ... but never when the wind blows a wayward shot into the group
Most people I meet at the range don't know how to put a proper shot sequence together let alone know whether it was the wind, their follow through, breathing of an act of God that made a flyer what it is.

Cat
Old 04-08-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Most people I meet at the range don't know how to put a proper shot sequence together let alone know whether it was the wind, their follow through, breathing of an act of God that made a flyer what it is.

Cat
Amen!

All the gear, and all the right websites, trying all the latest and greatest new tricks.

Let’s face it your old man said it “somebody looking to sell to somebody, something they think they need”.

Learn to walk before you can run, spend your time honing those skills with a rim fire rifle, then move to a centre fire that doesn’t put you on concussion protocols.
Learn about your form, get some technique, even $600 entry level .223’s and.243’s will get that done, even with a fix powered scope.

There are no absolutes
Old 04-09-2020, 08:45 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Hmmmm chucking a bullet out a barrel doesn't fill the stew pot....aim small...miss small....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...