Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-25-2020, 12:23 PM

Default Flintlock pistol

I have been looking for a .50 cal flintlock pistol but have had zero luck.
Can anyone suggest where I could buy one?
Old 11-25-2020, 01:14 PM

If you ca nfind one made befoe 1898, it isn't restricted, made after that it must be registered and has all the otehr use limits. Modern ones can be bought from Track of the Wolf in the states or from Loyalist Arms in Ontario.

http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/pirategoods.htm
Old 11-26-2020, 09:54 AM

Thanks for the links.

I also asked Wolverine Supplies in Manitoba and they can order one (if anyone else is looking).
https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/#?sortValue=0
Old 11-26-2020, 11:53 AM

Was reading the Access newspaper and I saw an ad for a shop in Calgary called Things Military, they said they had flintlock pistols in stock.

https://www.thingsmilitary.com/replica-guns-pistols
Old 11-26-2020, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Was reading the Access newspaper and I saw an ad for a shop in Calgary called Things Military, they said they had flintlock pistols in stock.

https://www.thingsmilitary.com/replica-guns-pistols
I've seen those, "no touch holes drilled " ? I assume that makes them non firearms.

Grizz
Old 11-27-2020, 04:53 PM

The hand guns that Loyalist and Things Military touch holes are not drilled out. So they are sold as a decoration piece. If you choose to drill the hole yourself or have a gunsmith do it. Then it has to be registered. The quality of those company’s products is questionable. All of them are made in foreign countries (eg. India) with questionable quality of materials. Their workmanship varies and it up to Loyalist and Things Military whether they accept or reject the item. They usually have someone there working on any corrections but the quality is just not there!
Old 11-27-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Tradegunner View Post
The hand guns that Loyalist and Things Military touch holes are not drilled out. So they are sold as a decoration piece. If you choose to drill the hole yourself or have a gunsmith do it. Then it has to be registered. The quality of those company’s products is questionable. All of them are made in foreign countries (eg. India) with questionable quality of materials. Their workmanship varies and it up to Loyalist and Things Military whether they accept or reject the item. They usually have someone there working on any corrections but the quality is just not there!
All completely true. Problem is the OP has never said whether he was looking for a decorative piece or an actual shooter. If he wants one to shoot I would for sure be getting a finished one or a kit from Track of the Wolf.