Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-20-2020, 09:15 AM

Default Hammer Bullets Now Shipping to Canada

You can now buy Hammer Bullets here in Canada. The company is sipping direct to customers via FedEx. Limit is $500 of product, plus shipping, per order. They are gaining a great reputation in the States for accuracy, on game performance as well as long range hunting use.

From many posts I have read about these CNC lathe turned bullets, they are very easy to do load development for, Seating depth makes little difference nor does powder charge. Basically add powder till you get the velocity you want or till pressure sings show up and back off a little. Good to go. Will pretty much shoot in the 1/2" range regardless of load or seating depth, out of a custom barreled well bedded rifle. Never shot any myself so can't prove it, but there are sure a lot of different guys that have posted the same comments.

Shipping and Fedex charges won't be cheap, $65 for one box of 50 or $85 for 10 boxes, so it won't make sense to just order a box or two. If a few guys got together might be worth ordering some to try.

https://hammerbullets.com/shop/

Last edited by Dean2; 05-20-2020 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:15 PM

Question

anyone use them, and seen how they perform
Old 05-20-2020, 02:09 PM

from their site
Old 05-20-2020, 02:23 PM

From many posts I have read about these CNC lathe turned bullets, they are very easy to do load development for, Seating depth makes little difference nor does powder charge. Basically add powder till you get the velocity you want or till pressure sings show up and back off a little. Good to go. Will pretty much shoot in the 1/2" range regardless of load or seating depth, out of a custom barreled well bedded rifle. Never shot any myself so can't prove it, but there are sure a lot of different guys that have posted the same comments.

Hmmm ????? To be a smart ass as Ned Pepper would say “ awfully bold talk for a one eyed fat man “

I’m sure they are good bullets but as you know rifles can be so finicky and individualistic that’s a large statement to live up to
I will have to try some .
Old 05-20-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fps plus View Post

Hmmm ????? To be a smart ass as Ned Pepper would say “ awfully bold talk for a one eyed fat man “

I’m sure they are good bullets but as you know rifles can be so finicky and individualistic that’s a large statement to live up to
How did you know I only have one eye?

I would like to try some and see if the claims are true too. I like Barnes bullets but these seem to be an interesting combination of some weight loss vs Barnes 95%+ retention, good expansion even at lower velocities producing a larger wound channel, good penetration and all copper construction.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:

Lots of reports on Long Range Hunting forum
Old 05-20-2020, 04:25 PM

So what's the advantage of the hammer over the barnes X bullets ???

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:02 PM

Looked at there website total disappointment , they don’t make the sledge or jack hammer .
Old 05-22-2020, 08:20 AM

Well, some good news for a change. Hammer Bullets confirms that the FedEx shipping charges that show up when you order are the "ALL IN" charges, FedEx will NOT add any additional brokerage or other charges to your shipping costs, outside of perhaps GST if the border services assess that on the package. That means that as long as a guy orders enough to hit the $500 per order limit then the $85 shipping charges won't be too big a deal.

https://hammerbullets.com/shop/
Old 05-22-2020, 09:19 AM

Default Willing to try

I’ve got a wish list of these bullets that adds up to $250 range. If someone else wants to buddy up with me for the rest, we can split the freight charges and I can order, or you can order, and we’ll check em out
Old 05-22-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvaark View Post
I’ve got a wish list of these bullets that adds up to $250 range. If someone else wants to buddy up with me for the rest, we can split the freight charges and I can order, or you can order, and we’ll check em out
Damn was looking into those but seemed a pain so have another brand on the way, wish would have seen this earlier would have been interested in some of there 284 caliber ones and maybe the 308 cal as well.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvaark View Post
Do you get into Edmonton much so we can hand off the bullets? If you do I would go the other half of the order.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Do you get into Edmonton much so we can hand off the bullets? If you do I would go the other half of the order.
I’ll be going in to Ed on the 29th but I’m not sure if they’d be here yet or not. If not, I’ll meet you halfway, at that rest stop on the E side of hwy2. Where there’s a cafe in an older mobile trailer.

For that matter, once they’re in Canada, they can be mailed, correct? At an additional charge of course.

Last edited by aardvaark; 05-22-2020 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:09 PM

That's gonna be pretty pricey bullets. Looked up what I would be interested in trying, works out to $100 CDN at $1.40 exchange. No idea what the rate actually is today but figured that was close.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeHunter View Post
That's gonna be pretty pricey bullets. Looked up what I would be interested in trying, works out to $100 CDN at $1.40 exchange. No idea what the rate actually is today but figured that was close.
Yup you’re bang-on. Just checked Currency converter, $100US is $140.02Cdn

Ouchie Wowaah
Old 05-22-2020, 11:45 PM

I would not want to pay that for gopher bullets but for a big game round no big deal. The Barnes I use in so many guns are over a buck a bullet now so these really aren't that much worse. Once the load is developed I really don't go through that many premium bullets a year. Most of my practice is with other guns or with a cheaper substitute bullet like Hornady Interlocks in the same weight and style.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:59 AM

Hey if I can’t shoot the SLEDGE HAMMER don’t think I’m interested 😎. My problem is I find a bit of an obscure bullet I like and then have a hard time getting them again
Old 05-23-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Hey if I can’t shoot the SLEDGE HAMMER don’t think I’m interested 😎. My problem is I find a bit of an obscure bullet I like and then have a hard time getting them again
I hear you. When I find a bullet I really like, even from large companies, I lay in a real good supply. Even Hornady, Barnes and Nosler have been known to stop production on bullets that I have really liked. For example, Nosler now only makes the 225 grain 338 Partition, they no longer make the 210 or 250. My favourite 338 bullet was the 210 Partition so good thing I laid in a good supply. If these Hammers do what the info says they will, I will just make sure to get enough I won't run out anytime soon.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I hear you. When I find a bullet I really like, even from large companies, I lay in a real good supply. Even Hornady, Barnes and Nosler have been known to stop production on bullets that I have really liked. For example, Nosler now only makes the 225 grain 338 Partition, they no longer make the 210 or 250. My favourite 338 bullet was the 210 Partition so good thing I laid in a good supply. If these Hammers do what the info says they will, I will just make sure to get enough I won't run out anytime soon.
Nosler still lists both the 210 and 250 338 partition.

-Billy Molls
Old 05-23-2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Well that would be GREAT. I will have to look. They had taken them off their site early last year and when I called them they said they weren't producing them. I will be very happy if have changed their minds.

P.S. just checked the site, they are listed again but still show out of stock like they did two years ago. Sent them off an email to see if they are going to make more. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by Dean2; 05-23-2020 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:31 AM

Interesting.

-Billy Molls
Old 05-24-2020, 03:21 PM

Baaah. Now I’m going to have to order some of these Hammer bullets. Crap.

-Billy Molls
Old 05-24-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:
If you get some in 284 caliber I may be interested.
Old 05-24-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I’m putting in an order this week so I can include yours if you like. Let me know by PM
Old 05-24-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Well that would be GREAT. I will have to look. They had taken them off their site early last year and when I called them they said they weren't producing them. I will be very happy if have changed their minds.

P.S. just checked the site, they are listed again but still show out of stock like they did two years ago. Sent them off an email to see if they are going to make more. Thanks for the heads up.
Prophet River still shows both the .338 - 210 and 250 nosler partition in stock as we speak

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Prophet River still shows both the .338 - 210 and 250 nosler partition in stock as we speak
There is some 210 for sale on gunnutz as well
Old 05-25-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage 13 View Post
There is some 210 for sale on gunnutz as well
Thanks Guys. Appreciate the heads up. I found the 225 Patitions listed, 3 boxes for $180 which is a good deal, but I can't see the 210s so they must have sold. Depending on what Nosler says about future production, I will pick up some more from Prophet River since they have them in stock at $84 a box.

Last edited by Dean2; 05-25-2020 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Chuck

Got the email back from Nosler. There was so many guys writing in they actually just got done running a small batch of both. They also have some blems at tremendous prices and guarantee they shoot just as good as the others. Thanks for the heads up or I would have never thought to email them and get the updated info.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:42 PM

Excellent!

-Billy Molls
Old 12-07-2020, 12:15 AM

So how did everyone make out with the hammer bullets???
Accuracy and velocities?
By now maybe some field results on game also?