Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-14-2023, 10:43 PM

You can't win the cup with second rate defense and goaltending.
Old 05-14-2023, 10:44 PM

Default Draistl will never win cup

As I said all year the Oilers will never win a cup with McDavid and Draisaitl. Offense in regular season means nothing again 5×5 can not score.Drasatil -4 again tonight can not play defensive send him down the road.Do not blame the goalie,defense ,or referees,time to admit after all these years two so called superstars are regular season powerplay merchants.
Old 05-14-2023, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munsterx View Post
As I said all year the Oilers will never win a cup with McDavid and Draisaitl. Offense in regular season means nothing again 5×5 can not score.Drasatil -4 again tonight can not play defensive send him down the road.Do not blame the goalie,defense ,or referees,time to admit after all these years two so called superstars are regular season powerplay merchants.
You’re drunk. Go to bed
Old 05-14-2023, 10:50 PM

Quote:

You're absolutely right. No team in the NHL would even consider picking one of those bums up. They're terrible, can't skate, can't shoot, can't pass and are horrible play makers.
Old 05-14-2023, 10:51 PM

Quote:
So trade Draisaitl for someone that isn't a huge defensive liability, you may get a good defenseman or a good goaltender for him.
Old 05-14-2023, 10:51 PM

Whoopsie!! Where did everyone go? Thankfully that is over Wow anymore of Louie Debrusk on the Oilers will make a sane sports minded man Puke!! Can you imagine if Jake Debrusk played for the Oilers!!
Old 05-14-2023, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenaturalwoodsman View Post
Whoopsie!! Where did everyone go? Thankfully that is over Wow anymore of Louie Debrusk on the Oilers will make a sane sports minded man Puke!! Can you imagine if Jake Debrusk played for the Oilers!!
The Sportsnet play by play and commentary was hideous.
Old 05-14-2023, 11:34 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So trade Draisaitl for someone that isn't a huge defensive liability, you may get a good defenseman or a good goaltender for him.
Vancouver Canucks are happy to announce Tyler Meyers has been traded for Leon Draisaitl . 5
Old 05-15-2023, 12:01 AM

Like I said, you can’t win with no goaltending. On this note, not sure why Campbell wasn’t given a chance, but they probably know better.

Moreover, while scoring most goals in the league, Oils were 2nd in giveaways and 20th in penalty kill during the regular season. Again, 17th in goals against. Better teams bounced in the first round.

Frankly, all this team can do well is score goals. But it is also 2 guys who scored more than third of all regular season goals. And again, it is the same two guys who scored nearly half of the goals in the playoffs. I mean they are very good, but you still need the D and goaltending. And stop giving away the pack - this can drive a guy nuts watching, haha.

Edit: same thing happened with the Leafs (among other things) and they were the third in giveaways in the regular season, I believe. The Devils had games with something like 19 giveaways to Carolina’s 3, or whatever those numbers were. You can win games with that, but it is very tough to win the series.
Old 05-15-2023, 12:09 AM

Default Woodcroft

Woodcroft should be fired Skinner should never have been in net for game 6, with a 3.52 ga and a 883 save percentage, gives up 4 goals on 13 shots proof is in the pudding that rookie got in too deep over his head and lost all confidence, wasn’t any where near the Skinner that was part of the season run to playoffs, Woodcroft should have seen this, Leon never scored after game 1, whole team collapsed, oilers should have walked all over Vegas other the Eickel they are a bunch of nobody’s, this was a true David and Goliath, and Hill is there back up goalie, maybe oilers were over confident, you can say conspiracy all you want but Skinner should not have been in net tonight
Old 05-15-2023, 12:32 AM

^ That’s speaking from a horse that is quite high, imo. Most of this bunch of nobodies were there to be defeated by the Capitals in the cup final. They also finished a point or two ahead of the Oil in the regular season. The fact that their backup goalie does better than Oil’s “frontrunner” should be a joke as well. Vegas is a solid team that has a lot of depth and experience. They certainly aren’t a bunch of nobodies, which they have proven during the last six games, lol.

I do agree about Skinner. I think it was nuts letting him start the game or all games for that matter. They guy should have spent some time on the bench as a back up a few games. Good experiences for him, but here we are. Like I said though, they (coaching and the rest of the tram) probably know something we don’t, so…
Old 05-15-2023, 01:13 AM

Good job oil!
Once again. It’s becoming a trend, oil go deepest into playoffs of the Canadian teams.
Go Canadas team 23/24!
Old 05-15-2023, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
^ That’s speaking from a horse that is quite high, imo. Most of this bunch of nobodies were there to be defeated by the Capitals in the cup final. They also finished a point or two ahead of the Oil in the regular season. The fact that their backup goalie does better than Oil’s “frontrunner” should be a joke as well. Vegas is a solid team that has a lot of depth and experience. They certainly aren’t a bunch of nobodies, which they have proven during the last six games, lol.

I do agree about Skinner. I think it was nuts letting him start the game or all games for that matter. They guy should have spent some time on the bench as a back up a few games. Good experiences for him, but here we are. Like I said though, they (coaching and the rest of the tram) probably know something we don’t, so…
I agree. Also as well if Vegas is a bunch of nobodies what does that say about the Oiler's, frustrating to watch. Just goes to show what you did in the regular season means squat once the playoffs start. One has to look no further than the Bruins and the Panthers. How many points did Boston finish the regular season with vs Florida. Bruins are out in the first round and Panthers heading to the conference final.

Last edited by AI 6.5; 05-15-2023 at 01:41 AM.
Old 05-15-2023, 05:14 AM

Is getting pulled 4 times in the same playoffs a record for a tender?
Old 05-15-2023, 05:39 AM

In a cap League a team won’t win with so much money paid to a couple of players. For the oilers time is running out. When draistl goes to renew his contract it will be bad. He will want max pay and so will Mac David.
I would rather have 4 or 5 good players then 2 great players come play off time.
Old 05-15-2023, 05:46 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

I guess she had a good Mother’s Day and the final say….lol

What a great series!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-15-2023, 06:25 AM

worst thing was i never won the 50/50. maybe next year
Old 05-15-2023, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Good job oil!
Once again. It’s becoming a trend, oil go deepest into playoffs of the Canadian teams.
Go Canadas team 23/24!
Yup, good job Oil.... There sure is a bunch of angry old men who think they could do better... Typical AO, some of you guys should ban together and save the world as super hero's.
Old 05-15-2023, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Good job oil!
Go Canadas team 23/24!
FORE!!!
Bring on the fall!

BW
Old 05-15-2023, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishunter327 View Post
Vancouver Canucks are happy to announce Tyler Meyers has been traded for Leon Draisaitl . 5
Has there ever been a player to put up as many points as Draisaitl, and yet have a plus/minus as low? It doesn't matter how many goals he scores, if he costs the team even more goals.
Old 05-15-2023, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Has there ever been a player to put up as many points as Draisaitl, and yet have a plus/minus as low? It doesn't matter how many goals he scores, if he costs the team even more goals.
Yet every single team in the league would gladly pay him 8 mill a season to play on their team……(probably a lot more than 8).
It’s almost like those hockey clubs know something about hockey that you don’t…..
Maybe you could bless one of those clubs and be some sort of an advisor?
Old 05-15-2023, 07:23 AM

Well it's over for us Oilers fans , Vegas outgunned them and skinner was shaky to say the least but it's not all on him by any means. Now we can join the flamers fans on the sidelines and don't have to rush home to watch a hockey game.

It's not the end of the world it's just hockey, the sun came up this morning and the coffee is hot, on with my day, we'll get em next year.

See you boy's in the fall for another round of the BOA, till then keep your stick on the ice and get the puck out of our end.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 05-15-2023, 07:25 AM

Great season!!

Bring on summer!!

Mighty Oil in Oct!!!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 05-15-2023, 07:41 AM

The oilers looked bad most of the series when puck was in their end , three or four guys chasing it in corner, poor positional hockey, intercepted clearing passes and they struggled big time to get it out. LV defense was superior, won the battles in their end and forwarded puck so they could break out faster , be in Oilers kitchen fast and cycle , shoot and score. Combined with the goaltending better team all round. Good thing there is such a thing as power plays or Oilers woulda being sunk first round. The one positive was watching McDavid when he kicked his jets in and magic he does with puck....no disputing that , he is a hell of a player.
Old 05-15-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Yet every single team in the league would gladly pay him 8 mill a season to play on their team……(probably a lot more than 8).
It’s almost like those hockey clubs know something about hockey that you don’t…..
Maybe you could bless one of those clubs and be some sort of an advisor?
Let's just leave all opinion aside, and look at the facts, even with McDavid as well, Edmonton lost the series. So while having the top two points leaders is desirable, it isn't winning their team Stanley Cups, which is the ultimate goal.
Old 05-15-2023, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Let's just leave all opinion aside, and look at the facts, even with McDavid as well, Edmonton lost the series. So while having the top two points leaders is desirable, it isn't winning their team Stanley Cups, which is the ultimate goal.
Yes it is. Now imagine surrounding Mcdavid and Drai with great goaltending, great defence, and 3 other lines that contribute.
They’d hoist lord Stanley every year.
Old 05-15-2023, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Yes it is. Now imagine surrounding Mcdavid and Drai with great goaltending, great defence, and 3 other lines that contribute.
They’d hoist lord Stanley every year.
And where does the money come from to pay everyone? Do you think that those two will sign for half of their current salaries to free up the cash to pay for good defense and goaltending?

Last edited by elkhunter11; 05-15-2023 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:01 AM

Default Missed calls?

I may be way off here, and I’m not saying that the games are at least somehow rigged, but how did the ref miss Edholm getting high sticked in the face and bleeding down his cheek, and not make that call at a crucial time in the game? The Oilers may not have scored on the extended power play, but it certainly would have giving them a chance to tie it up. The ref was looking right at the play. If they can review goals all the time, why not a play like that? The US team bring in more revenue the the Canadian clubs, so maybe that’s a factor to some of these outcomes. Just saying.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:03 AM

Great season and was fun being a fan this year. Final 4 last year and final 8 this year. Not too shabby.

And Elk...Really? You haven't posted on this thread in months and as soon as they are eliminated you show up to rub salt in the wound and tell us everything that went wrong. I guess misery really does love company.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Well it's over for us Oilers fans , Vegas outgunned them and skinner was shaky to say the least but it's not all on him by any means. Now we can join the flamers fans on the sidelines and don't have to rush home to watch a hockey game.

It's not the end of the world it's just hockey, the sun came up this morning and the coffee is hot, on with my day, we'll get em next year.

See you boy's in the fall for another round of the BOA, till then keep your stick on the ice and get the puck out of our end.
well said!......well, except for the part that said 'we'll get 'em next year'