Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2007, 03:35 PM

Default quote

Bump....
Rack I was going to post a comment to your quotes on me but I'm sure it would turn into a head butting contest. Believe as you will.

Last edited by Tuc; 06-27-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:09 PM

Alrighty.....I wasnt lookin to butt heads but if thats what you were thinkin then thats cool with me....
Old 06-27-2007, 05:15 PM

Right after you get the WWE shut down maybe you can go after gang members and hookers. Good luck with that.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:31 PM

The one I feel the sorriest for is Daniel. If things at home were bad either Chris or his wife, Nancy, could have left the situation they were in. The only one that had no say in what was going on was Daniel because he was just a seven year old kid. I just wish that people that wanted to kill themselves would just go and do it. Stop taking other people's lives just because you're unhappy. Just a rant on my part.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:30 PM

read in the paper that there were track marks on the sons arms from Human Growth Hormone injections because he was too small for his dad. It takes a sick person to do something like that to a child
Old 06-27-2007, 08:34 PM

all I can say,that HE was as fake as that wrestling , just a BIG COWARD , how could he kill his own , let's not glorify him anymore , he wasn't a GREAT person , just a Glorified Killer
Old 06-27-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
read in the paper that there were track marks on the sons arms from Human Growth Hormone injections because he was too small for his dad. It takes a sick person to do something like that to a child
Looks like a different reason for the marks.

ESPN.com is reporting that District Attorney Scott Ballard said Daniel (who was seven years old), had needle marks on his arm. He believed that the boy had been given growth hormones for some time because the family considered him undersized. However, Pam Winthrope told News 1130 in Canada that Chris Benoit's son had a genetic condition called Fragile X syndrome (which causes autistic-like symptoms), which may explain why Daniel was taking growth hormone injections. Winthrope, whose son also suffers from the condition, told the Canadian news outlet that her husband reached out to Benoit five years ago in an attempt to increase awareness about Fragile X.

According to WebMD, "Fragile X Syndrome is a defect of the X chromosome which causes mild mental retardation. The disorder occurs more frequently and severely among males than females. This condition is the leading known familial cause of mental retardation in the United States. Language delays, behavioral problems, autism or autistic-like behavior (including poor eye contact and hand-flapping), enlarged external genitalia (macroorchidism), large or prominent ears, hyperactivity, delayed motor development and/or poor sensory skills are among the wide range of symptoms associated with this disorder."
Old 06-27-2007, 11:44 PM

Yet another contributing factor. From today's Calgary Sun:

"In a strange twist to the Chris Benoit saga, the pro wrestling superstar's death occured just days agter his former tag-team partner died of an apparent hear attack.

Shayne Bower, better known to wrestling fans as Biff Wellington, died June 20, less than a week before the bodies of Benoit, his wife Nancy and seven year old son Daniel were discovered in their Atlanta suburban home in a case police say is a double murder-suicide.

Bower, a 44 year old Calgary native began training with teh legendary Hart brothers in the mid-1980'

Tree
Old 06-28-2007, 05:37 AM
PainKiller

Default Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
all I can say,that HE was as fake as that wrestling , just a BIG COWARD , how could he kill his own , let's not glorify him anymore , he wasn't a GREAT person , just a Glorified Killer
Amen to that bulldog .no one will ever know what went through his head and WHY he did it . maybe now we can put this thread behind us and move on.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:32 PM

Well, here is something to throw into the mix.
Acording to wikipedia entries. Someone reported his wifes death 13 hours before the police found their bodies.

Quote:
An anonymous user operating a computer traced to Stamford, Conn. — home to World Wrestling Entertainment — posted an entry to pro wrestler Chris Benoit's biography on Wikipedia.org
Chris was found dead in Fayetteville, Georgia(15 hour drive away). Someone ELSE posted this information long before the police had found the bodies and they posted it from another location.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=140425583
Old 06-28-2007, 05:55 PM
-NDN-

maybe it was reported by Benoit himself, then he hung himself. Sick who knows.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NDN- View Post
maybe it was reported by Benoit himself, then he hung himself. Sick who knows.
Thats the thing, he would have had to of reported it in an entirely different state 15 hours drive away. The IP address tied to the post was a long way away from where he was located.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Gamehunter

Last edited by Gamehunter; 07-22-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:38 PM

that sucks...

Last edited by bearbait; 06-28-2007 at 07:44 PM. Reason: b
Old 06-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Banned

The IP addy was located near WWF head quarters

HMMMMMMMM

Jamie
Old 07-02-2007, 08:59 PM

Benoit's Doctor Charged in Drug Probe...

ATLANTA — The personal doctor of pro wrestler Chris Benoit was charged Monday with improperly dispensing painkillers and other drugs.
The seven-count indictment said Dr. Phil Astin dispensed drugs including Percocet, Xanax, Lorcet and Vicoprofen between April 2004 and September 2005.
The recipients were identified in the indictment by the initials O.G. and M.J. Benoit's initials were not listed.
Astin was expected to make an initial court appearance Monday afternoon.
A criminal complaint was also filed, but was under seal. A law enforcement official close to the case, who spoke on condition of anonymity before the hearing, said the case involves steroids.
Federal drug agents have taken over the probe into whether Astin improperly prescribed testosterone and other drugs to Benoit before the wrestler killed his wife and son and committed suicide in his suburban Atlanta home last month. State prosecutors and sheriff's officials are overseeing the death investigation.
Federal prosecutors are seeking the forfeiture of all property and proceeds Astin obtained through the illegal conduct if he's convicted.
Investigators have conducted two raids at Astin's west Georgia office since last week.
Astin prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past but has not said what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office June 22, the day authorities believe Benoit killed his wife.
Toxicology tests on Benoit's body have not yet been completed, Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said.
Anabolic steroids were found in Benoit's home, leading officials to wonder whether the drugs played a role in the killings. Some experts believe steroids can cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."
"We're still asking questions and searching for answers with regard to the death so we can tie up loose ends," Ballard said.
Ballard said finding a motive in the case remains elusive.
"I think it will always be undetermined as to 'Why?'" Ballard said. "I think it's because there can't be any satisfactory reason why you kill a 7-year-old."
Authorities have said Benoit strangled his wife and son, placing Bibles next to their bodies, before hanging himself on the cable of a weight-machine in his home.
Benoit's father, Michael, said Monday that "it's impossible to come up with a rational explanation for a very irrational act."
"That's my feeling. Let the cards fall where they fall, we have no control over it at this point," he said. "It's just impossible to come up with a rational explanation for what happened."
Old 07-02-2007, 10:25 PM

Thanks for that Tuc. Last I heard this evening was that the doc has turned himself in. In light of the mess with baseball, blah, blah....this is going to get ugly! As it should.

I understand all of the comments in regards to, 'coward' and 'burn in hell'. Fair enough. At this point in time, Benoit is hopefully answering to someone. So be it.

Let's just wait for the toxicology reports to come out to see just where he 'was mentally' when this happened.

Tree