Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-25-2007, 07:31 AM
50BMG

Old 06-25-2007, 09:39 PM

I started this thread as a fun thing. I try to post in humor and so have others. I have gotten alot of laughs from the posts, and keep 'em coming guys!

Tonight I will be serious. For those of you who do not know as posted by Rackmaster, WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and 7 year old child were all found dead in their home yesterday.

Although the world of pro wrestling is fake and scripted, it still does not take away from the physical abuse these athletes absorbe. The pressure to get to or stay on the 'main card' is immense, and the life means over 300 days a year on the road.

This pressure leads guys into the world of painkillers, steroids and worse. Too many good people have died before their time at the alter of the ring!

Tree
Old 06-26-2007, 08:47 PM

My rant...well hunting season ever get here? Well in two months from now(less one day) bow season starts. Then it is off to 339,330 and 328. Hurry please.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:49 PM
-NDN-

my rant for today..... how the heck did i catch two 6 inch stone catfish on a circle hook meant for a 30 pound channel catfish??? and yes, to my suprise hooked in the corner of its mouth dang pests. If people dont decide when we are heading out of brandon to winnipeg soon, im gonna go crazy, i hear the channel catfish bite is on right now on pieces of sucker and steaked up goldeye
Old 06-27-2007, 01:36 AM

OK, here's my 'Rant of the Day'! People with toooooo much money!

The next door neighbour of our job site today was kind enough to show us his 'toys'. This guy is a 30 something iving with his Mom.

#1. A 999RT Ducati sport bike. Only 200 built (his is number 079). 150bhp at the back tire.

#2. A 1967 frame off Mustang fastback. With the options, only 6 exist on Earth! Sweet car.

#3. A 2006 Ford GT40. Second fastest car on the planet next to the Bugatti. Governs out at 212mph (in 5th gear, low on the tach, with a SIXTH GEAR also!) only because if it goes faster than that, it WILL go airborne! The sound of the engine was UNBELIEVABLE! The only way to describe it is if you took the rumble of a '60s Muscle car and combined it with the high-pitched whine of a F1 car! Wow! Only 4000 ever made, and only 12 with his options and paint scheme. He drives under the speed limit, and has only once cracked 100mph with it. Also, his MOTHER bought it for him as an incentive to stop eating sausages because he was getting 'rounder'............ Lucky bastard!

Tree

PS. The funny part was that I was cutting down some spruce and was covered in sawdust and sap. While he was describing the 'Carinthian Leather' interior, I said, "Cool, can I sit in it?" He looked like he was going to puke!
Old 06-27-2007, 02:08 AM
Banned

Give me the few and simple things that I work for and appreciate any day...
Old 06-27-2007, 07:04 AM

I used to hate it when I would get rushed to do something, then forget stuff that was needed ( like ammo for a rifle when I had 4 other rifles with me)

Got to the range last night after realizing I had a bit of down time ( sort of!)
packed up a pile of stuff for handloading, got to the range , and realized I'd left that particular box on the table in the garage!
It was all okay, it was for a .243, right at tthe top of my " cartridges I hate"
list!
Didn't matter much, a buddy that was there , trying to get ready for Africa, left ALL his ammo at home-had to drive back and get it. I felt a bit better.
My 45/70 LR ammo needs more work, the brass is trashed ( wrong brass, long story!)

To top things off, the beavers are continuing to build under our bridge!
Those dam engineers are starting to wear on my nerves, dam things!
Our creek is so productive that we can trap it right put in the spring and your shooting beavers by July!

breaking the dam doesn't help as it is back up the next morning.
Putting in bypass pipes doesn't help because it water flow is too high.
I hate beavers, 243's , and range idjits!!
Cat
Old 06-27-2007, 07:31 AM
50BMG

Yeah last weekend I took out the fiancee and the stepdaughter and forgot the trigger lock key
Old 06-27-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50BMG View Post
Yeah last weekend I took out the fiancee and the stepdaughter and forgot the trigger lock key
Those things pop off pretty easy with a screw driver, and you can even re-use them after!
I've got a whole set of master keys that I keep iin my range box for such occasions.
Cat
Old 06-27-2007, 10:46 AM
-NDN-

Quote:

i got one worse, went out with 5 guns, that all have padlocks on the gun cases, forgot the key ring with the keyes for my trigger locks, AND the padlocks Luckily i only drove a good hour away.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:15 PM
50BMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Those things pop off pretty easy with a screw driver, and you can even re-use them after!
I've got a whole set of master keys that I keep iin my range box for such occasions.
Cat
I wanted to try that but everytime I had the screwdriver in one hand and my very expensive Kimber in the other

I just couldn't do it
Old 06-27-2007, 12:59 PM

Easy enough if done properly.
HOWEVER, I have a friend who did not and wrecked the Canjar single set on his every nice Ruger No.1!!
cat
Old 06-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Doc Holiday

I have mine fer the day... all those stupid freakin e-mails one gets, about life, sob sob... blah blah, yer my one true best friend... yadda yadda, yer gonna be rich if you send this to 7 true friends ... more blahhhhhhh blahhhhhhhhh, wait... if ya dont you'll have 7 yrs bad luck .... more blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... what a load of bu** sh^t!!!! I DONT CARE MORONS!! Who makes this sobby Crap up? GET A LIFE FER PETE SAKES!!! . IF I WANTED TO BE IN TOUCH WITH MY FEMMIE SIDE, I'D GET A SEX CHANGE. There... better now.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:56 PM

Those idjits that send that stuff do not know me very welll.
I let black cats walkin in front of me, don't worry about the colour of socks I wear, the hat I wear to a shoot ( OOPS! strike that! ) and celibrarte Friday the 13th.
No biggy, the only thing I won't do is walk under a ladder ( safety first, ya know!)

I fold , staple, and mutilate at a moments notice as well!
Cat
Old 06-27-2007, 10:01 PM
-NDN-

dont you hate it when you walk down a path to fish, and didnt notice the water rise before you needed to get out? and am forced to walk through Wood Tick infested waist high grass? Can you say "naked at the car in under 10 seconds"?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:23 PM

Ughhh....my rant of the day is the visual of NDN naked in the car!

Tree
Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 AM

Contractors , construction companies that are now blaming the oil companies for the now low wage offers.
Spoke with one today. 22-25/hr (25 only if a very good operator) Put you up for the first month, then you are on your own (no sub) .20/km for your truck, from their office to job site.

These companies charge the oil companies sub & day/truck rate, and skim from the worker. In the above case they rape a worker. Normal rate for an operator is around 45/hr. that they charge.

Our costs have gone through the roof, and they offer a wage from 20 years ago.

Then there are the motels. Not a lot of places to stay at under 100/day. Working at 22/hr & paying 3k/month for a room, pulls your wage down so low you may as well pay the co. to work for them.

(bad day... )
Old 06-28-2007, 09:28 AM
-NDN-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Ughhh....my rant of the day is the visual of NDN naked in the car!

Tree
my rant is Treeguy trying to think of me naked at the car
Old 06-28-2007, 10:38 AM
PainKiller

Thumbs down Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NDN- View Post
my rant is Treeguy trying to think of me naked at the car
WOW this is too much for me.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:12 AM
-NDN-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
Contractors , construction companies that are now blaming the oil companies for the now low wage offers.
Spoke with one today. 22-25/hr (25 only if a very good operator) Put you up for the first month, then you are on your own (no sub) .20/km for your truck, from their office to job site.

These companies charge the oil companies sub & day/truck rate, and skim from the worker. In the above case they rape a worker. Normal rate for an operator is around 45/hr. that they charge.

Our costs have gone through the roof, and they offer a wage from 20 years ago.

Then there are the motels. Not a lot of places to stay at under 100/day. Working at 22/hr & paying 3k/month for a room, pulls your wage down so low you may as well pay the co. to work for them.

(bad day... )

is it possible for them to saw screw the
oil companies and band together and not offer them any services or workers. is there no money made if there is no drilling? Idont know much about the patch, how its run, and dont know which side to take.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:04 PM

I too do not know at lot about "The Patch". But when you look at the huge profits made, even though many companies were/are billing too high/much, it makes one wonder.
I've had several offers this spring/summer. The one posted is by far the worst. That company will end up with young folk that do not know what they are doing. I also predict they'll have a very high turn over.
Consultants see this & soon that company will be doing poorly, or be out of business.

I didn't do the math, but if a person was working for 22/hr, paying 3k/month for a motel (not counting meals) you would likely end up working for 10/hr or less.
How about the fact they want newer trucks running @ .20/km ? What a joke !

I laughed at him !

But the fact remains, some young lad will go to work for them & go broke doing so.

It's not right. At all !

In B.C. , back in the early 90s, a person was paid .23/km for a mid sized CAR (and never leave the pavement) !
Now you run a 50-60k truck, hauling fuel etc on some of the roughest roads in Canada & they want to pay .20 !

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 06-29-2007, 06:08 AM
50BMG

God damn Bell ExpressVu. Every year the same thing. First Edm or Cal home game I am blacked out. The policy is 56kms from the stadium for cable and 125 for conventional...well I live about 200 kms fro either place!!! So I watch the TO game then all of a sudden..blacked out. Phone..every year for 4 years now, talk to mohhamad for an hour till I get transfered to a manager, which I asked for right off, then got hung up on. Well needless to say I was really PO'd when I called back. This time I got the Senior managaer and all he could say was "Yes sir, I know the problem lays with us"..so I say "then why the F*&% has your CS people been telling me for and hour and a half that it's not Bell's problem?" .

He said he was sorry and that he would get my receiver fixed. I told him he had 1/2 hour or I walk without paying my bill and go somewhere else.

After 2 and 1/2 hours total...I had CFL
Old 06-29-2007, 01:50 PM

My rant for today is to say I have nothing at the moment to rant about...hold it that is not true....the metis issue got me ranting.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Winchester70

Coming down with a case of bronchitis and my Docter is out of town for the weekend.
Went to the hospital and it's standing room only in emerg,screw that.

I'll try again later in the day.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:36 PM

Win-70 - don't leave it too long. Low O2 levels can cause heart attacks.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Winchester70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
Win-70 - don't leave it too long. Low O2 levels can cause heart attacks.
Thanks and no I won't,I need to start the antibiotics as soon as possible.
I've had this before a few times and it sure can take alot out fo ya.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:52 PM
50BMG

Quote:
Arrogant people on chat boards
Old 06-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Gamehunter

[QUOTE ]Originally Posted by 50BMG
Arrogant people on chat boards [/QUOTE]yes there is plenty of them 2x
Old 06-30-2007, 01:02 AM

NDN... I got nothin' for your reply! Most excellent repartee!

OK, I'm in 'The 'Chuck' tonight, playing on a MAC for the first time ever.

MY rant is with Greyhound today. I've come up to buy a van. I got on the bus and when it was time to leave, I think that the airbrakes were stuck. He went back and forth about 15 times before we hit the road!

To top it off, the bus had a clutch problem where the driver basically had to 'speed shift' through the gears. The grinding was unbelievable!

Once we got on the road, we realized that the air conditioning system didn't work! We spent 4 hours on a 'greenhouse' on wheels full of some VERY interesting people.

For instance...the girl beind me in the boarding line up was singing. She sat behind me an sang to her ipod the entire sweaty trip........in spainish! On the bight side, the girls behind her were Haitian and chanted voodoo crap the whole way! The conversations that were in English, were condcted by a group of 18 year olds on there way to party for the weekend. Very enlightening!

Anyway, I made it safely, got the van, and have to take grandma in law shopping tomorrow.......ughhhhhh

Tree
Old 06-30-2007, 07:19 AM
50BMG

Seeing all these awsome pics people post knowing I never get holidays in the summer months *sigh*