Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-24-2018, 10:46 AM

Default How Not to Park

This was taken from inside a Coffee Shop . According to the person that took the picture, the bylaw officer was inside getting a coffee.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:48 AM

Geeze, entitled much?? lol...
Old 08-24-2018, 11:32 AM

Default Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
This was taken from inside a Coffee Shop . According to the person that took the picture, the bylaw officer was inside getting a coffee.

'What you're seeing (& what you're reading) is not what's happening" Donald Trump 2018. lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 08-24-2018, 11:33 AM

He could be handicapped. ( mentally)
Old 08-24-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeky View Post
'What you're seeing (& what you're reading) is not what's happening" Donald Trump 2018. lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And if I didn't know the person that actually took the picture, I might suspect that.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
And if I didn't know the person that actually took the picture, I might suspect that.

wonder if all the folks bylaw guy wrote tickets on same offence get refunds now?

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 08-24-2018, 12:01 PM
Banned

Is that a Camrose Bylaw vehicle?
Old 08-24-2018, 12:03 PM

Do as I say. Not as I do...
Old 08-24-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
Is that a Camrose Bylaw vehicle?
About 400km North of Camrose. Some AO members will recognize the emblem on the door.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:

As I told my wife recently, I'm getting tired of behaving nicely around I D 10 T's....

I'm thinking if I had witnessed that on a bad day, I may have walked up to the person and exclaimed fairly loudly "What are you doing?" Get everyone's attention in the coffee shop and let the person know that they still need to follow the very laws they enforce. At the very least, walk outside and start snapping pictures - maybe they'll get the idea?

Big talk from me, but I'm the boss (when my wife isn't around)

J.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:25 PM

That ought to be worth some ones job.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:43 PM

Good ole ft mac
Old 08-24-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
About 400km North of Camrose. Some AO members will recognize the emblem on the door.
Ha ha I never noticed that. Par for the course..
Old 08-24-2018, 04:21 PM

We have the same entitled mentality down south here in lala land but ours use the drive through as it takes a lot of energy to actually get out of the truck.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:11 PM

At least they left enough room for a motorcycle. Ha
Old 08-24-2018, 05:18 PM

I poured concrete at an public building it was closed. Parking lot was huge but empty. For convenience i parked in handicapped . Because building was closed to the public and it was closest to the concrete . Police on bicycle yelled at me to move. Then they do that.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:50 PM

I watched a young RCMP officer pull up to the Petrocan gas pumps a while back in Fort McMurray. I was just a few feet away on the other side of the pumps. He pulls up while talking on his cell phone and then gets out and starts to pump some gas. I could hear what he was saying and I’m assuming it was his girlfriend/wife he was talking to from the way the conversation was going. He made eye contact with me so I said “You should really shut your phone off while pumping gas”. He just gave me a look like I should mind my own business then he said “RCMP, I’m exempt”. Well, I had to ask, “Exempt from looking like an idiot while driving around and talking on your phone, or exempt from dying in a fiery explosion when your non-intrinsically safe cell phone lights this place up?” Buddy gave me another blank look while he pondered what I had just said to him then after it sunk in he told his better half he had to go and hung up.

If he was one of the smarter ones there is no reason for any crook to feel in the least way worried about getting caught any time soon...
Old 08-24-2018, 07:36 PM

Positrac, you must be one of the last living survivors from the Hindenberg disaster and had a PTSD flashback to the famous "Oh the humanity" line.....

I'm teasing of course, but to the best of my knowledge there has never ever been a law against talking on cell phones while pumping gas. At best it was initially meant as a cautionary advisory that most if not all gas station pump manufacturers put on their equipment.

Later when gas station owners got tired of their staff getting into conflicts with people like the interaction you described the Petroleum Institute commissioned a study to actively determine the risk of fire via this method.
They concluded that static discharge from clothing had a disproportionately higher risk of igniting gas fumes than a cell phone did. Consequently you will notice those stickers are becoming extinct as new pumps replace old ones and no longer bother with the restriction.
Although truth be told the higher risk from cell phone use at pumps had to do with drivers being distracted by the call they were on and driving away with the nozzle still in the tank !

You may also be a mind reader cause I'm pretty sure you accurately peered into his mind when "he looked at you like you should mind your own business"
Old 08-24-2018, 07:48 PM
Banned

Yeh, maybe the officer forgot he was on duty. My neighbor is a cop, while I was leaving for work this morning I got stuck behind him and his wife in their own vehicle. He blew two stop signs and was doing twenty over the speed limit all within about 3 klms. This is the guy that sets up radar in his own neighbourhood. I tell ya man...