Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
If push came to shove i believe don would be the first to help no questions asked.
I agree, Don is fun to tease but he would be the first to help anybody. Salt of the earth.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:32 PM

The 2000 watt generator is now in place on the first truck.

We built a cage under the tool box so it stays put for now, then plumed it in for fuel, 1 outlet to the cab, 1 under the hood and 1 besides the generator for easy access.
Truck box outlet will work with the camper and out side stuff.

The Honda EU2000I generators come with a single oil fill & drain, we allowed enough room in the cage for service work when needed, the extra space is for power cords, work lights, and extra gear later on.

Main fuel tank holds 10 gallons, it's feed by the truck fuel tank when it needs filling, then added a fuel hose to fill up OHV's and snowmobiles, a win win for sure.

We left enough room on the front of the camper box to fit over the tool box and cage that is mounted in the truck box. Hopefully we won't have to do any extra fabricating.

We will start on other truck tomorrow unless a job comes up.

I hope the larger 2000 watt generator is good on fuel like the smaller one, that would be a bonus.

Don
Old 12-30-2017, 08:55 AM

Thank you all for the kind comments.

I'm not a person of education since I struggled in school and learning, lots of teasing about being the handy capped kid, no problem since I took my tears home with me to share with my Mom & Dad.

I still feel bad to this day since I wasn't able to learn what others take for grant.
The only job I was able to hold down was fiscal labour jobs for many years.
Back braking work till my back give out.

I was lucky to return to school a few years ago to see if I could finish my grade 12. It was another 2 yesrs of the tuffest challange I ever did.

All my life I grew up in the special needs class rooms, Lacombe Alberta and Evelyn Unger school in Edmonton for 5 years to learn "the best" I could on how to read.

A sad life for 17 yesrs. Lots of bullying, shame full comments at the other handy capped kids and my self.

I'm in tears right now as I type this post.

Go ahead, post what you want since I try my best to live life full, hurt full comments mean nothing to me any more. Guess I became cold to my disabilities.

I share openly, yes, my spelling is the craps, always a jumble of words.
I look for no sympathy or regreats of what cards in life I was delt.

I take the pain of hurt full comments and turn them into humour the best I can.

Go ahead, throw all the rocks you want to at me. I bet one thing,,, if we ever cross paths in life, you'ld find out I'm a kind hearted person with fiscal challanges like many others on this planet.

I'm truely sorry for the long post and missing words.
I'm not going to let this hold me back in life.
I can't change my learning disabilities. I wish I could, but it's hard to do.

I have meet many good friends on this forum, and will continue to do so.
If you don't like the treads I start, please move along.

No one is forcing you to read what I post, your hurtful comments are not going to improve my writing skills, only time behind the key board will "hopefully" improve my writing and reading skills.

I will not return to a limited world access that you folks have. Is it fare to keep us with learning disabilities locked away.

If any of you think, then have at it.

Going forward is the path I'm on.

From Don Parsons of Lacombe Alberta. The young kid that grew up with hard ships all my life.

PS: I will not repeat those hateful words of long ago about the fisically challanged kids in our schools.
Many of them including my self are still deeply hurt from these actions.

Please feel free to PM at any time.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:05 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Sounds like major Don never really came back from his visit to the flat earth.

Major Don has insight...just like that Viking character Floki

image.jpg

One should listen!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-30-2017, 09:08 AM

Have at her Don and dont let anybody here stop you with there veiled bullying cause thats what they are trying to do.

As Bushrat said above you are most likely the type to help anyone and i think to add to that you are most likely a fun and colourful character.

Id be happy to sit around a camp fire or just having coffee somewhere with you if we ever met up. I enjoy your writing alot actually.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:17 AM
Banned

Don your posts never criticize or target people,your posts and you are the most honest and honorable on this forum.

Thank you for participating and keeping it real.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:38 AM

So Don, I trust you got the tracks on the Honda quad by now. Did you get out for a bit before this cold snap?

Who are you going to blame when all the ohv's are gone and the fish are still dieing
Old 12-30-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Your box is filled with dope. Very likely that you're shooting up the same **** as your bro Don is. Have fun with your hallucinations.
If you're so educated why don't you know that any drugs that are used intravenously are not considered to be hallucinogens. You don't need to be a drug user to know that, just have to read a little. But you're too busy being an opinionated a****le to know that. The real problem with this world is people like you who feel the need to get on the internet and belittle people for expressing themselves. My question to you is if you didn't like his story, why not move on and be the bigger man instead of being an internet bully??
Old 12-30-2017, 09:47 AM

I can't believe some of the responses to Don's post from some of the self appointed AO Mensa candidates.

Whether Don's post made sense to any of you is irrelevant. There was nothing offensive about it. He has a right to say what he wishes as long as it isn't disrespectful, and if you don't "get" it maybe it's best to just move on and keep your narrow opinions of others to yourselves.

Not surprisingly it's some of the same guys that chose to endlessly extol the virtues of Trump when that garbage was permeating the site months ago, and now, thankfully, fired into the sun courtesy of a few bannings. Says a lot more about those pointing fingers here than it does about Don.

I'd bet good money Don is a far less judgemental and better person than most of you are. If you've got mirrors in your homes maybe try using them from time to time.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:51 AM

God bless you Don, I for one enjoy reading your posts. Please carry on kind sir.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:03 AM

OK...took me a bit to get the idea of the initial post but got it now.

What are you using in cab for a heating unit?

How did you connect the jenny to the fuel tank?

Is the 1000W inverter what you were using for the heat/block heater and if so was that enough juice?

Pics would be cool to see.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2017, 10:12 AM

Hey Don, I look forward to your posts, Major Don was Epic, the best. I understand your just trying to pass on some tips to make this extreme cold surviveable keep em coming and don't hold back. Some of these comments bother me as well bud.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:08 AM

Thank you to all, I realize I have these speech and writing challanges, it's hard to find words I can use when posting.

Imagine typing out a sentence, then run into a word we can't spell,,, auto correct works to a point, but folks like me and others with learning disabilities find our selves put to task.

Do we run with it, our give up, I don't know. I like to share in ideas, I'll stay the course and do the best I can.

I slowly see the improvements of selecting words, it is a challange remembering each of them, stuff like this is easy for folks with higher learning skills.
Don't know since I have never reaped this reward in life.

I'm going forward with this thread and many more in the years to come,,, there's no going back to being reclusive, many of us with challanges do this.
It's hard to be part of life when we face obstacles "everday, all day, and all of our lives."

I'm sorry for the improper selections of words, my goal is to improve this going forward.

Don
Old 12-30-2017, 11:13 AM

Ignore the self important flemish commentators and keep the tips coming
Old 12-30-2017, 02:24 PM

Thumbs up

i would say i barely know Don, but from the dealings i have had with him, i can say a nicer fellow you will never meet. some have book learnin, others an education in life, and i'm thinking he has earned a Masters Degree, and is the better man for it. i am sure his pappy is proud of him. i am glad to call him friend.

keep on posting Don
Old 12-30-2017, 02:50 PM

Good job Don keep em coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2017, 03:04 PM

Got off to a cold start this morning, -27c in our area, guess I need to plug the heater in. LOL.

Got the chores done, then check things over to find out what wasn't working.
The 2000 watt generator is up and running, the smaller generator is nothing like the bigger unit when its under load. The bigger unit is hardly working, so I threw another heater in the cab. Things are happening now.

Later today we are bringing in 2 more trucks to rig up this same way, Ha. My brother thought this was a crazy adventure, but once he moved the truck he decide that the time has come for change. LOL.

Who doesn't like jumping into a warm vehicle all winter long.
It would be nice to have an electric start system, this might be next year's investments going forward.

Now the plan is to rig up the lap-top stand in the cab for data entry.
Shooting rifle, archery, and fishing, and topo maps before I go on the Alberta / BC trip.
Lots of OHV time with the tracks to get around in the deep snow.

It will be nice camping in the back country under the stars at night. They shine bright when there is no ground light around.

I'm heading out there to say good-bye to 3 good friends that passed on this year. It's a humbling and hounering thing I've been doing for many years.

Alone into the wilds, I find peace spending time with lost loved ones.

From the top of the mountains is where I say my so long friends till we meet again.

Normally I camp out back there for 3 to 4 days.
Horse Thief Creek by Golden BC is one awesome Area, Crow Foot Mt and Grizzly Lodge at the North Shuswap British Colombia and many others are good hid-outs.

Lots of gas and food since there is no services back there.

Don

Last edited by Don_Parsons; 12-30-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:25 PM
Banned

Carry on. Looks like the mods are as well.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:00 PM

Lol....

This is so rediculous... if you guys only knew ...

So biting my tounge here, but I'm sure if he thinks back some years what he pulled off..

Maybe you'd like to share that eh Pal Don??

I guess we will see..
Old 12-30-2017, 06:30 PM
Banned

Maybe it's just the wobbles I just drank but it makes perfect sense to me buy a YAMAHA!
Old 12-30-2017, 06:44 PM
Banned

It won’t help unless you have power but many years ago, long before cell phones a guy could purchase a nice little heater with a timer from Canadian tire. I assume they still make them. I had one in my 81 Toyota 4x4 and it worked fabulously Cheaper than gas for a while yet anyways
Old 12-30-2017, 07:38 PM

i like the idea of a small generator outside of truck or camper/trailer running a electric heater, save on gas, engine wear and tear, no moisture from burning propane etc. seems like a win win to me.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:57 PM
Banned

I just have to throw this in here. The advantages of having a Yamaha for Dons needs are substantially better if he goes that rought. The Honda generator is good no doubt, but it is more of an industrial type of frame and not overly truck friendly for the user. Becuase of the large frame and rather small engiine a person can’t fit it as well in the back of a truck. The Yamaha has proven reliability and bigger engine along with no rubber bands to replace at an outrageous cost, it is remote capable along with auxiliary fuel tank if need be. By removing the wheels from the Gen a person is able to fit the Yamaha in the box and still have use of the bed cover. Wether it be using the box cover to keep the Gen out of the elements or for hiding it from sticky fingered sons of witches the Yamaha was my choice. They rock!
Old 12-30-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
OK...took me a bit to get the idea of the initial post but got it now.

What are you using in cab for a heating unit?

How did you connect the jenny to the fuel tank?

Is the 1000W inverter what you were using for the heat/block heater and if so was that enough juice?

Pics would be cool to see.

Thanks
The 1000 watt generator is right on the boarder. It would be easy to say that its just enough to handle the smaller tasks, it really struggles to keep the cab of a truck warm on these really cold days CMichaud.

I ran a 800 watt ceramic heater with the engine block heater plugged in at the same time, it did ok at -8c,,, but once it dipped down to bellow -20c temps, the generator would be working double over time.

I can see the benefits of the 2000 watt unit already.
A bigger heater has now replaced the little one.

I had a flat 10 gallon fuel tank from my old Coalman generator, it fits perfectly into the aluminum tool box that sits on-top of the cage above the generator.
That way it dosen't walk away in the middle of the night.

The fuel tank in the tool-box is plumed into the generator direct, I'm about to find out how many hours it will run before empty.

https://powerequipment.honda.ca/generators/EU2000i

The real fuel savings is ECO when the cab heater cuts out, the generator goes into idle mode.
The 2000 watt unit burn about 1 litre per/hr under full load,,, I like to find portable heaters that are rated less than what each generator can handle,,, less chances of kick out the built in braker.

Don

Sorry I don't have pictures since I let my photo bucket account expire. I'm sure I'll activate it in the new year.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:44 PM

Espar
Old 12-30-2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Espar
^^^ X's 2

All of our oil patch heavy hual trucks are rigged up with those, Preheat or Webasto heaters.
They work good.

Hot motors and in cab heat is sure nice on days like this.

Don
Old 12-30-2017, 11:18 PM

Thumbs up

Prime it, choke it and pull the cord.....sounds like a hot date....Honda.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:49 AM

I do remember this Hayseed.
I used the words "It seems to me that this idea is coming from a rich guy that claims to not own any carbon footprint."

Definitely not a wize selection of words on my part.
Full apologies, my mistake by 100%.

The Mod's picked up on both threads with different spins and those complete threads were removed.

Yes, It was wrong on my part, l stated this openly on a few threads after that, and still to this day use this as a reminder to choose wizer words from that day on.

The Mod's seen this thin line I just about crossed I placed my posts using "IMO only," yes,,, that is correct,,, I finished up every post with Pal Don letting him know that I was there as a open minded person and friend as a Pal no matter what.

Is this correct hayseed. My self and a few others with in the debate.
This was delt with hayseed, I take my faults at this since I own my mistakes. I will not throw others under the bus,,, they take owner-ship in what posts they placed.

That thread was a eye opener "Never Ever Cross that line again."
I will not point fingers at others that replied on both of those threads.
My comments were deffinatly a inappropriate select of words that I own,,, not others that commented on those 2 threads that were removed.

I have stated this comment many times on many threads after that debate hayseed.

"If I throw rocks, I will throw them at my self first, and only my self from that day on."

I apologies again since I can't take back my comments from those 2 threads, it was wrong on my part, and I let my self as well as many of us down on this forum.

It was a true refresher and reminder of human skills I lacked back then hayseed.
My apologies for sure as I remember this well.

All of us are human, some times we slip up. I know I did.
The trick for my self is learning from my own mistakes. And hopefully remember them.

I learned alot that day hayseed.

Don
Old 12-31-2017, 08:44 AM

Not everyday you see someone online admitting they were wrong about anything. Keep on keeping on Don.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:57 AM

I'm getting dizzy here...so your going out on an adventure....on a budget, jimmy rigged a few things to push through a four Dayish outing...generator, heaters, truck, quad with tracks...pic please so I can keep up on this outing...as for the rest I must have missed a few threads but not my concern, you sparked an interest on this outing though...

Closed Thread