Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-28-2017, 03:16 PM

Default Undercarriage Wash Edmonton - Pick-ups and Cars

I have been looking for quite a while for some place that has a GOOD undercarriage wash, not the little pizzers you get on so many wand and drive throughs. I want something powerful enough to remove the caked on mud, salt and crud from under the vehicle.

I hear there is a good place in, Peace River with a high power under carriage wash, one in Red Deer and one in Rocky Mountain House that you can tilt the truck up so you can wash underneath but they are all a long drive. Will do a trip in the spring if I can't find one local.

I would like to find some place in Edmonton or relatively close. Just found CTS truck wash on Google in the West End that advertises undercarriage wash for semis, has anyone tried them. Anybody have any other suggestions, and no I would much prefer not to do this at home. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:27 PM

I believe Poor Boys in Nisku set up a bay with a drive on rack to allow for cleaning of the underside of vehicles.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:38 PM

Good tip. I phoned them and they do have a walk under bay, last one of the big truck bays. Charge is $25 flat fee plus wash time for a pick up. Didn't actually ask but imagine Semi is more and car probably about the same but at least there is a place to do it. Guy would want to bring coveralls and probably rain gear. Have tried calling CTS a couple times to see how theirs works but all I get is voice mail. Will see if they have anyone working after New Years If no one on here has tried them.

Still interested to hear if there a re more options. Thanks.

Last edited by Dean2; 12-28-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:47 PM

When spring rolls around again you can set up just a normal sprinkler under your truck and just let it run. Be surprised how well it works
Old 12-28-2017, 03:59 PM

There was a company that was selling portable drive through undercarriage washers. They were intended for washing trucks coming off construction sites so that didn't track mud or weed seeds etc. I'm not sure if they survived the downturn. Sure looked like a great product.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:16 PM

Rock In wash on 50 st claims to have a drive over under carriage washer at the entrance to their regular bays and a "fire hose" for getting the thick stuff off in their truck bays. I have a gift card for there but have yet to check them out.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:26 PM

i go to the local car wash early in the am , when the floor is clean and dry , with a couple of ramps and coveralls . i get wet and dirty but the trucks get cleaned .
Old 12-28-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Rock In wash on 50 st claims to have a drive over under carriage washer at the entrance to their regular bays and a "fire hose" for getting the thick stuff off in their truck bays. I have a gift card for there but have yet to check them out.

Rock’n Wash is better than most for the undercarriage wash, but it still won’t make it spotless. I do like them for regular washing though.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 12-28-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikka Hunter View Post
I believe Poor Boys in Nisku set up a bay with a drive on rack to allow for cleaning of the underside of vehicles.
But then you'd have to deal with the Adams Family. Never met a bigger bunch of ignorant hicks in my life.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
But then you'd have to deal with the Adams Family. Never met a bigger bunch of ignorant hicks in my life.
BAHAHA. Awesome. I'm going there just for the freak show.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Warning:
AO needs to have a warning in an emoji or something similiar; in preparing a readier that something very funny is about to appear.

Gawd I laughed....coffee cleaned my nose out as well....

Good one...

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
Warning:
AO needs to have a warning in an emoji or something similiar; in preparing a readier that something very funny is about to appear.

Gawd I laughed....coffee cleaned my nose out as well....

Good one...
Somehow I get the feeling that the fellow that posted about the Adam's Family wasn't making a joke. Will be interesting to see what the place is like. Going to take a run out there next week after New Years. Am also going to stop and check out CTS.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Somehow I get the feeling that the fellow that posted about the Adam's Family wasn't making a joke.

I wasn't. Pretty sure Morticia and Gomez own it and their son/butler Lurch manages the place.

If you were a bigger fan of the Munsters then sub Lily, Herman, and Eddie for the above mentioned. Their daughters no Marilyn though. Marilyn had a personality.

Rubes either way.

Last edited by 270person; 12-30-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
BAHAHA. Awesome. I'm going there just for the freak show.

Oh, they appear normal enough if you just drive through and pay your coin but I actually think they could be aliens living amongst us. Hopefully if you go into the office and poke around a bit the owner doesn't stop mid conversation with you to hack up a foot long virus and gob it into a wastebasket.

Tags
edmonton area, pickup truck, under body, undercarriage, undercarriage wash