Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-28-2017, 12:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
I'll throw a quick comment at your quad.

Is it worth missing your shot at the thief and getting killed over when they shoot back?

Or maybe because you are unarmed the thief shoots first, so you went down without a fight and left your family helpless, what the hell kind of man would do that?

At your funeral with your wife and kids bawling their eyes out will it be worth your deductible? Or maybe with 1 guy dead they decide what the neck....we are in it now might as well get everything and now the whole family is in real trouble.

You guys should all be intelligent enough to know shooting a thief is never going to be an option. Put your effort into lobbying your Legal representation into fighting for real penalties for breaking the law. If there's enough noise about it they'll have to.

Never going to be an option?? when the thieves walk into your home armed and start shooting you will be the one having their kids crying over them, because you chose to do nothing to prepare. Some can live with the thought of that some can't and choose to prepare.

Or have the same old tired argument on the internet.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:41 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=fitzy;3697279]I'll throw a quick comment at your quad.

Is it worth missing your shot at the thief and getting killed over when they shoot back?

At your funeral with your wife and kids bawling their eyes out will it be worth your deductible? Or maybe with 1 guy dead they decide what the neck....we are in it now might as well get everything and now the whole family is in real trouble.

You guys should all be intelligent enough to know shooting a thief is never going to be an option. Put your effort into lobbying your Legal representation into fighting for real penalties for breaking the law. If there's enough noise about it they'll have to.

Or have the same old tired argument on the internet.[/QUOTE

Well atleast if that happens which I highly doubt cause I'm like Wyatt Erp with a gun, but if so well atleast they can say I wasn't a baby about it, and there wouldn't be an argument about it if everyone seen it the pretty much only way you can see it, I'm not sure how people beat around the bush, if you'd like having your stuff stolen then post it on Facebook free truck or motorcycle or whatever you have and say take it!!! I got insurance it's no big deal at all!!
Old 12-28-2017, 07:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Worse public education system, larger ghettoes, weather in the southern states that doesn't keep criminals huddled inside all night. Instead of studying them as a whole, take a look at the states where they routinely elect democrat majorities who have made guns illegal and remove their crime data from the total. The data improves significantly from there, quite drastically. And it even explains the root of the problem, that being people who don't place blame where the blame belongs.
Let's do that.

Worst incarceration rates? All Republican States.

Louisiana 50,100 1,420 1,082
Oklahoma 37,900 1,300 983
Mississippi 28,800 1,270 962
Alabama 46,000 1,230 951
Georgia 91,600 1,220 916
Texas 221,800 1,130 836
Arizona 55,200 1,090 831
Florida 154,500 990 788
Arkansas 22,800 1,010 77

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._rate_by_state

Of the top five lowest, 4 are always Democrat, and one, Minnesota is a swing state.

Guess your theory just went out of the window. Facts matter, right?

EDIT: Sorry for the poor formatting, but if you do the sort on the link, it will read better.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:58 AM

People might as well get used to break ins and thefts. The odds are against the thieves being caught, and even if they are caught, the legal system refuses to deal harshly with them. The thieves know all of this, so they keep right on stealing and committing break ins. And if they happen to surprise you in your own home, and they kill you in a struggle, just like Barb Danelesko, they still get off with a slap on the wrist. And heaven forbid a thief is injured or even has his feelings hurt as he breaks in or steals from you, you will be the one to be charged or sued. At this point, at least a dog can't be charged if it bites a home intruder, but give it time, and our soft on criminals and terrorist governments will change rhat as well.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
People might as well get used to break ins and thefts. The odds are against the thieves being caught, and even if they are caught, the legal system refuses to deal harshly with them. The thieves know all of this, so they keep right on stealing and committing break ins. And if they happen to surprise you in your own home, and they kill you in a struggle, just like Barb Danelesko, they still get off with a slap on the wrist. And heaven forbid a thief is injured or even has his feelings hurt as he breaks in or steals from you, you will be the one to be charged or sued. At this point, at least a dog can't be charged if it bites a home intruder, but give it time, and our soft on criminals and terrorist governments will change rhat as well.
X2

Yeah the dog will be made to be put down because he had courage and was protecting his own. I laugh when people say that's what insurance is for, you have fire insurance on your home right?, so I like burning things, you meen some wouldn't stop a person from burning your home down?, because you know!!. You had insurance.

I've never understood why people have a heart for drug dealers, rapists, murders, pedophiles, thieves, and all the rest. Wouldn't it be a better place to live if we got rid of people who commit theses crimes through a real justice system, and not be left to make a law abiding citezen a crazy blood thirsty vigilante.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:24 AM

"I laugh when people say that's what insurance is for, you have fire insurance on your home right?, so I like burning things, you meen some wouldn't stop a person from burning your home down?, because you know!!. You had insurance. "
This ^^^^^^ Actually think about it. At some point you won't be be able to handle the insurance premiums!!!

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 12-28-2017, 08:28 AM

Just to be clear, no where in the US or Canada are you allowed to shoot a person for stealing property from your yard.

"Castle Law" applies to a "place" where the occupant has a legal right to be and almost always refers to person's residence or vehicle. What Castle Law allows is to remain in that place and defend yourself with the use of deadly force if required. The person must still justify the use of deadly force and does not have a "shoot first and ask questions later" blanket authority. Castle Law does have case law attached which leans in the favor of the occupant, as history shows that during break & enters and car jackings, there is a high potential for death or injury to the occupant.

In Countries or States where there is no "Castle Law" a person would be expected to escape from the residence or vehicle if the opportunity presented itself and not force a confrontation. But if escape was not possible then the same rules apply as the "Castle Law" in your ability to use deadly force if necessary.

Last edited by brendan's dad; 12-28-2017 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Maybe you can in Mexico!
Old 12-28-2017, 09:49 AM
Banned

You guys are hilarious. Bunch of redneck law experts. If you aren't for passing horrible laws and shooting people then you stand with the criminals and probably are one.

That's some high level logic right there boys.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerThomson View Post
You guys are hilarious. Bunch of redneck law experts. If you aren't for passing horrible laws and shooting people then you stand with the criminals and probably are one.

Then again, logic tells us that the current legal system is not working. How about you suggest a solution that the government would actually consider implementing, that will reduce crime?
Old 12-28-2017, 10:16 AM

So in the mean time they will be gathering intelligence
Old 12-28-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:

I'm not sure if you and your family have stood in your living room watching thieves gut your shop right in front of you at 2:00 am, and you are helpless because you know you will be the one punished if you try anything. The police roll up to your house at 7:00 am to do paperwork. Time passes as you and your family sleep with one eye open now, jump out of bed when you hear a pin drop. Premiums go up, you never get back from insurance what you had, some of it isn't replaceable. It's easy to say just go thru insurance, but there is much more to being robbed than just making a phone call to your insurance company It scares the $#@% out of your family, what's that worth? Is this the society we've become? Just letting people come rob you while you can't do a thing? These thieves don't even cover up their faces anymore, they don't care because there's no consequences to him, he will be right back at it in no time, that's if he even gets caught. You can call victims of this 'rednecks', but the system forces us to think this way. If these guys were dealt with properly, we wouldn't be seeing these discussions on here. I've been robbed, there's way more than just insurance, it changes you.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:

No moreso than yourself, what with your assumptions and outrageous examples of people wanting to shoot everyone who steps on a blade of their grass. That's supremely idiotic, and its proven to be idiotic by the fact that there is not an epidemic of people being shot in US States with such laws.

Your tangents here are of epic proportions; if you want to seek logic, try posting some.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Then again, logic tells us that the current legal system is not working. How about you suggest a solution that the government would actually consider implementing, that will reduce crime?
I already admitted earlier that I don't have any suggestions that I think would result in a net positive. I'm a welder not a social scientist. But I'm also intelligent enough to know that creating carte Blanche laws like the ones you and others support are not going to be a net benefit for society.

Im a big enough man to admit I don't know what the solution is. Are you?

In the mean time ill keep looking out for my neighbors and they'll do the same for me. Usually all that's required to stop a thief is a witness and a set of head lights.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:

Well what's your solution big mouth!? To give them a handshake or a hug when they take your truck as you have insurance!? That's your high level logic!?? Wow man wish I coulda thought of that first!!! Maybe you haven't but the farmers and all the other hard working people who actually work hard for their belongings are getting fed up with it being taken burned or rolled in the ditch and than having to go through the process are getting another one that they already had, you gotta tell me what's your game plan!??

I can tell you away since your not smart enough, start killing some of them, if the people knew that they were gonna get wacked when stealing the theft rates would drop significantly, I bet China or Russia don't have stealing issues, and you say your a welder!? You wait till that rig gets stolen of yours and you gotta go through the process of getting a new one and dealing with insurance, see how ya like that!!
Old 12-28-2017, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk396 View Post
I'm not sure if you and your family have stood in your living room watching thieves gut your shop right in front of you at 2:00 am, and you are helpless because you know you will be the one punished if you try anything. The police roll up to your house at 7:00 am to do paperwork. Time passes as you and your family sleep with one eye open now, jump out of bed when you hear a pin drop. Premiums go up, you never get back from insurance what you had, some of it isn't replaceable. It's easy to say just go thru insurance, but there is much more to being robbed than just making a phone call to your insurance company It scares the $#@% out of your family, what's that worth? Is this the society we've become? Just letting people come rob you while you can't do a thing? These thieves don't even cover up their faces anymore, they don't care because there's no consequences to him, he will be right back at it in no time, that's if he even gets caught. You can call victims of this 'rednecks', but the system forces us to think this way. If these guys were dealt with properly, we wouldn't be seeing these discussions on here. I've been robbed, there's way more than just insurance, it changes you.
Sorry for your loss but shooting people isnt the answer.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
I already admitted earlier that I don't have any suggestions that I think would result in a net positive. I'm a welder not a social scientist. But I'm also intelligent enough to know that creating carte Blanche laws like the ones you and others support are not going to be a net benefit for society.

In the mean time ill keep looking out for my neighbors and they'll do the same for me. Usually all that's required to stop a thief is a witness and a set of head lights.
And if headlights don't scare than away??
Old 12-28-2017, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
No moreso than yourself, what with your assumptions and outrageous examples of people wanting to shoot everyone who steps on a blade of their grass. That's supremely idiotic, and its proven to be idiotic by the fact that there is not an epidemic of people being shot in US States with such laws.

Your tangents here are of epic proportions; if you want to seek logic, try posting some.
That's not what I said but you go ahead and twist the logic around as much as you like. If you can't follow a proposal like what's been put forth out to its logical conclusion that's on you not me.

There's a reason most laws are pages looking not short sentences. It's too prevent there abuse.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry for your loss but shooting people isnt the answer.
No, telling the criminal to stop is!!, and if not that's the theives choice, why the hell don't you blame the fisrt parties actions???
Old 12-28-2017, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly 12 View Post
And if headlights don't scare than away??
If I seen headlights id be shaking in my boots, thieves steal when your headlights are on and your truck is running, but boy that's one hell of a scare tactic and a half ,why didn't I think of that!???
Old 12-28-2017, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter guy View Post
Well what's your solution big mouth!? To give them a handshake or a hug when they take your truck as you have insurance!? That's your high level logic!?? Wow man wish I coulda thought of that first!!! Maybe you haven't but the farmers and all the other hard working people who actually work hard for their belongings are getting fed up with it being taken burned or rolled in the ditch and than having to go through the process are getting another one that they already had, you gotta tell me what's your game plan!??
You ok? Need a hug? I've had a truck broken into in Calgary years ago when I lived there. My solution take my stuff out of the truck and leave the doors open so I don't lose a window next time.

You're hilarious I can just picture you red faced and stamping your feet. My game plan is to look out for my neighbors because I know they are doing the same for me and take what precautions I can.

Want to know what won't help. Throwing a hissy fit on the internet but I guess as long as it makes you feel better.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:43 AM

Don't you have a bridge to go under?

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 12-28-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Ok so you're all for shooting someone in your yard stealing your stuff with nothing but your word you back it up.

That could never go wrong. Nope. No way that someone innocent would wind up dead. Like say the young family info the shady truck that rolled into my driveway at 10pm and just needed a hand changing a tire.

Yeehaa

You guys are hilarious. Not one of you would have the guts to do it.

Like I said internet tough guys.

Keys are in the truck have at er. I got insurance.

Make sure to check with your insurance company to confirm they will cover the theft of your truck even if you leave the keys in it.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:47 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=TylerThomson;3697462]You ok? Need a hug? I've had a truck broken into in Calgary years ago when I lived there. My solution take my stuff out of the truck and leave the doors open so I don't lose a window next time.

You're hilarious I can just picture you red faced and stamping your feet. My game plan is to look out for my neighbors because I know they are doing the same for me and take what precautions I can.

Want to know what won't help. Throwing a hissy fit on the internet but I guess as long as it makes you feel better

Yeah really smart and when you leave your doors unlocked insurance won't cover it!!!!! Watching out for your neighbors stuff!?? Wow that's a real good benefit and when you or they leave shopping and stuff gets stolen whatcha gonna say!?? And you remind me of a college teenage mentality who hasn't grown up into reality yet, it makes me sick to be honest with you, but you missed something I can guarantee that China or Russia don't have stealing problems!????? An why is that!!! Cause they take action and do something to curve the problem, not say oh well there goes my truck, oh well that's fine I've got insurance
Old 12-28-2017, 10:48 AM

Give it up guys, i think this whole discussion is over this Tyler fellas head, 'he simply just doesn't get it',and obviously hasn't been impacted personally. It's folks like that you can thank for the mess we are in.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:52 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=Hunter guy;3697470]
Quote:
You ok? Need a hug? I've had a truck broken into in Calgary years ago when I lived there. My solution take my stuff out of the truck and leave the doors open so I don't lose a window next time.

Want to know what won't help. Throwing a hissy fit on the internet but I guess as long as it makes you feel better

Yeah really smart and when you leave your doors unlocked insurance won't cover it!!!!! Watching out for your neighbors stuff!?? Wow that's a real good benefit and when you or they leave shopping and stuff gets stolen whatcha gonna say!?? And you remind me of a college teenage mentality who hasn't grown up into reality yet, it makes me sick to be honest with you, but you missed something I can guarantee that China or Russia don't have stealing problems!????? An why is that!!! Cause they take action and do something to curve the problem, not say oh well there goes my truck, oh well that's fine I've got insurance
Pretty sure China and Russia have some of the biggest organized crime syndicates info the world. You just got that old emotional v8 firing on all cylinders eh.

Insurance does cover me with my keys in the vehicle and doors unlocked because I carry comprehensive coverage and have 5 million liability on my trucks.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
You guys are funny.
You bitch the RCMP don't do anything.
They announce they're going to do something...and you bitch.
X2
Old 12-28-2017, 10:57 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=TylerThomson;3697476]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter guy View Post

Pretty sure China and Russia have some of the biggest organized crime syndicates info the world. You just got that old emotional v8 firing on all cylinders eh.
Emotional!?? Really, crime syndicates in the world ha I doubt that, where do you get your info from anyhow!?? You totally don't make sense, the way you talk I think it would be spooky to see your welds to be honest, well I'm happy to know you think it's alright for thefts to happen and all, and that no repercussions should happen, your what I call a full blown Pube

You leave your keys in your trucks!?? Man that's just great!! Wow that's something I'm gonna have to start doing to never thought of that!? And that curves theft that way I won't have to shoot them nice thinking!!!! I like that
Old 12-28-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:

Since you admit that you don't have any workable solutions to deal with the problem, please stick to welding, rather than suggesting that anyone that wants to defend themselves or their property must be a guncrazy killer.
As for head lights driving off thieves, the local auto dealership in the city that I used to live in was located 300 yards from the RCMP office, and the thieves broke in, set off the alarm, and still took the time to go through the key drop off box, find the vehicles that the keys belonged to, and select three vehicles with full or nearly full fuel tanks, before leaving with the vehicles. The manager woke up, dressed, and drove across the city, and arrived just as the police arrived, which was about 20 minutes after the alarm went off. And this business was 300 yards from the RCMP office, not miles away in the country.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 12-28-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:

I don’t see many thieves getting stopped or a Justice system that deters them. Must have a burned out headlight..
Old 12-28-2017, 11:51 AM

Simple solution. Consequences. Start chopping of fingures.