More people in Jail than anyone else.
The right to bear arms.
Elected judges
Death Penalties
Life Sentences upon Life Sentences.
3 strike rules
ETC! ETC! ETC!

And yet they still have crime?
Worse public education system, larger ghettoes, weather in the southern states that doesn't keep criminals huddled inside all night. Instead of studying them as a whole, take a look at the states where they routinely elect democrat majorities who have made guns illegal and remove their crime data from the total. The data improves significantly from there, quite drastically. And it even explains the root of the problem, that being people who don't place blame where the blame belongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
But when our elected members of parliament passed legislation that would give mandatory minimums our unelected Supreme Court said they were two harsh and they went by the wayside. It seems this unelected body feel they speak for Canadians , not parliament.
Agreed. The courts have significant leeway in how they interpret legislation that's been passed by politicians and handed to them to enforce. If they disagree with the law they don't enforce it or they seek out minute mistakes in its wording to exploit. How many firearms offences get plead out by gang members for instance? Drug dealer gets busted with a loaded gun and the charges disappear because of something the prosecutor or judge decide?

How often have the celebrity bad guys in BC been arrested and released? (the Bacon's, etc). Or in Calgary the predators who killed a bystander in the Bolsa restaurant when they were doing a targeted hit on someone else eating there? Each bumped out to walk among us after pathetically poor sentences. Or Vince Li, now working at a place near you under a new name, only one or two missed prescription doses away from re-offending.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 12-27-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
So why doesn't it work in the U.S.?

They have a Justice system.
Decent police agencies.
The right to bear arms.
Elected judges
Death Penalties
3 strike rules
ETC! ETC! ETC!

US population of 325,580,689

Canada population of 36,782,404

for starters....
Old 12-27-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post

for starters....

And a lot more large cities with gangs, slums etc.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack fish hunter View Post
Exactly. You'll think twice about breaking in or stealing something if there's a chance of losing your life.
X 2, people say killing someone over property being stolen isn't worth a life, no you ask the thief is that truck, sled, quad, or whatever else they are looking to steal, is it worth your life?, if so fine steal it but if you die trying. That's it!!!, case closed, no charges nothing. Call the meat wagon, and life goes on.

Oh and sent a bill to the family for the spent bullet for raising such a waste of skin in the first place.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post

for starters....
Don't forget the population demographics.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly 12 View Post
X 2, people say killing someone over property being stolen isn't worth a life, no you ask the thief is that truck, sled, quad, or whatever else they are looking to steal, is it worth your life?, if so fine steal it but if you die trying. That's it!!!, case closed, no charges nothing. Call the meat wagon, and life goes on.

Oh and sent a bill to the family for the spent bullet for raising such a waste of skin in the first place.
Ahhh there's our resident internet tough guy.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
So why doesn't it work in the U.S.?

They have a Justice system.
Decent police agencies.
The right to bear arms.
Elected judges
Death Penalties
3 strike rules
ETC! ETC! ETC!

I can only imagine how bad it would be if they followed Canadian Justice practices and sentences.

As for the murder rate the good thing is it is mostly criminals killing criminals.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerThomson View Post
Or perhaps someone that realizes that our joke of a legal system is badly broken. One thing is for sure though, a dead thief won't be committing any more crimes.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
I can only imagine how bad it would be if they followed Canadian Justice practices and sentences.

As for the murder rate the good thing is it is mostly criminals killing criminals.
I agree with you on both points.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lol ok?....

Last edited by Hillbilly 12; 12-27-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:38 PM

It appears part of this governments social engineering agenda here is the normalization of dope and crime.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Internet tough guy🙄 What's your solution to give him a big sloppy kiss and say take my truck drive safe!? Come on man get your head outta the sand, until we start taking a stand this chit is gonna keep going on and on, I'd like to know why everyone feels sympathetic to these losers,
Old 12-27-2017, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter guy View Post
Internet tough guy🙄 What's your solution to give him a big sloppy kiss and say take my truck drive safe!? Come on man get your head outta the sand, until we start taking a stand this chit is gonna keep going on and on, I'd like to know why everyone feels sympathetic to these losers,
Ok so you're all for shooting someone in your yard stealing your stuff with nothing but your word you back it up.

That could never go wrong. Nope. No way that someone innocent would wind up dead. Like say the young family info the shady truck that rolled into my driveway at 10pm and just needed a hand changing a tire.

Yeehaa

You guys are hilarious. Not one of you would have the guts to do it.

Like I said internet tough guys.

Keys are in the truck have at er. I got insurance.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
And you - always ready to pounce, but the lack of teeth in your arguments always lessens their value.

I can never understand why someone would stick up for criminals. Do you even believe it is their fault?
Old 12-27-2017, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Like say the young family info the shady truck that rolled into my driveway at 10pm and just needed a hand changing a tire.

Do you really want to go there?

Do you really believe people who believe in castle doctrine just want to spray and pray at every noise?
Old 12-27-2017, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok so you're all for shooting someone in your yard stealing your stuff with nothing but your word you back it up.

That could never go wrong. Nope. No way that someone innocent would wind up dead. Like say the young family info the shady truck that rolled into my driveway at 10pm and just needed a hand changing a tire.

Yeehaa

You guys are hilarious. Not one of you would have the guts to do it.

Like I said internet tough guys.

Keys are in the truck have at er. I got insurance.
We'll I'm glad you KNOW none would have the guts to do it, how would you know? ...Internet know it all. Yeah that's not what insurance is for, so thieves can have free reign to steal everything.you like paying a deductible because of some loser? Everyones insurance goes up because of thieves. Thieving has to stop. Brian Knight had the right idea. Watching someone get into you vehicle and start to drive away is different than someone needing a tire changed. Or maybe someone breaking into your garage and stealing your quad just needs to get to the hospital due to a medical emergency lol. Get with reality.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:52 PM
Banned

I'm 100 percent living in reality. You are opening up a can of worms wherein it would be ok to shot someone in your yard for any reason with nothing but your word that he was after your mint condition ball of bailer twine.

Quick hypothetical

What's to stop me from inviting you over after this law is passed putting one between your eyes and pressing a gas can into your hand and claiming you're a theif.

Oh and one more thing if insurance isn't to cover theft why is there polices called fire and theft?
Old 12-27-2017, 11:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm 100 percent living in reality. You are opening up a can of worms wherein it would be ok to shot someone in your yard for any reason with nothing but your word that he was after your mint condition ball of bailer twine.

Quick hypothetical

What's to stop me from inviting you over after this law is passed putting one between your eyes and pressing a gas can into your hand and claiming you're a theif.

Oh and one more thing if insurance isn't to cover theft why is there polices called fire and theft?
Well if that's reality, you must be on a different planet. Down here on earth people are getting tired of thieves having free reign. If the law was on the honest persons side there would be no talk about this.

Real quick, comment about the quad in my last post....

Yeah so let them steal everything a person works for with no consequences at all. That's what insurance is for?, so we can all pay more and more and more. That's what a liberal coward says. The law needs to change in favour for decent hard working people. Not thieves and druggies stealing for their fixes.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:15 PM
Banned

You fail to address anything I posted. So I'll assume you are actually in favor of a law being passed that allows anyone to kill anyone else on their property with no other evidence needed in the justification of the murder other than I saw them stealing my shovel.

That's what you are saying right?

Or perhaps you lack the facilities to follow out these ridiculous suggestions to their ultimate end and come the realization that such a law would create the potential for more harm than good.

No where did I say its ok for people to steal. Where did i say there shouldn't be consequences? But in the event it happens yes that's why I have insurance. I agree something needs to be done to address the problem but I have no idea what that might be. The reason I don't have a suggestion is because I'm smart enough to know I am not educated enough on the subject to be the one setting policy. You keep moving the target there buds. Are you saying there is no middle ground between shooting thieves and 0 repercussions?

So I'll ask you one more time there John Wayne. Do you honestly believe your proposal to be allowed to shoot someone with zero recourse who is on your property with nothing more than your word to back up that they were attempting to steal something is a good idea?
Old 12-27-2017, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
You fail to address anything I posted. So I'll assume you are actually in favor of a law being passed that allows anyone to kill anyone else on their property with no other evidence needed in the justification of the murder other than I saw them stealing my shovel.

That's what you are saying right?

Or perhaps you lack the facilities to follow out these ridiculous suggestions to their ultimate end and come the realization that such a law would create the potential for more harm than good.

No where did I say its ok for people to steal. But in the event it happens yes that's why I have insurance. I agree something needs to be done to address the problem but I have no idea what that might be. The reason I don't have a suggestion is because I'm smart enough to know I am not educated enough on the subject to be the one setting policy.

So I'll ask you one more time there John Wayne. Do you honestly believe your proposal to be allowed to shoot someone with zero recourse who is on your property with nothing more than your word to back up that they were attempting to steal something is a good idea?
I think you wouldn't agree if a proven thief was shot dead stealing, you'd still be against it. If they come and steal it should be up to the owner, you might get away with it you might not. Obviously our laws are not working now right?? You know some povs are WRONG here but you have no idea how to curb it. I bet if the law stated you might die over stealing crime would plummet. But thieves know there are no repercussions. Leave a persons sh.t alone, no fear of getting shot right???, or am I missing something?? If there were real laws there would be no need for people to take matters into their hands.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think you wouldn't agree if a proven thief was shot dead stealing, you'd still be against it. If they come and steal it should be up to the owner, you might get away with it you might not. Obviously our laws are not working now right?? You know some povs are WRONG here but you have no idea how to curb it. I bet if the law stated you might die over stealing crime would plummet. But thieves know there are no repercussions. Leave a persons sh.t alone, no fear of getting shot right???, or am I missing something?? If there were real laws there would be no need for people to take matters into their hands.
Keep moving the target bud.

So you are ok with it then. I mean you're ok with creating a law that allows you to shoot anyone on your property with nothing but your word to back up they were trying to steal something.

It's a simple yes or no question.

I know it's hard to admit your wrong but I got faith in you.

Just say no I don't think that would be ok. You know I guess I never really thought it through but dagnammit I'm angry and something needs to be done.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:

Quick hypothetical

You are so out of touch here...

What's stopping you from framing someone for a crime? That is your argument?
Old 12-27-2017, 11:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Many feel the same as you, rural people especially have been left to fend for themselves but as you can see by the comments some are so fearful of trying to defend their family or them selves they lash out at those that will. It makes them feel better about themselves to say it is against the law to do what you will do, so I can't.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Keep moving the target bud.

So you are ok with it then. I mean you're ok with creating a law that allows you to shoot anyone on your property with nothing but your word to back up they were trying to steal something.

It's a simple yes or no question.

I know it's hard to admit your wrong but I got faith in you.

Just say no I don't think that would be ok. You know I guess I never really thought it through but dagnammit I'm angry and something needs to be done.
Yes or create a law that actually deals with crime. Yes I'm in favor of people taking the law into their hands. If it doesn't change I guess it's left to the home owner.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Many feel the same as you, rural people especially have been left to fend for themselves but as you can see by the comments some are so fearful of trying to defend their family or them selves they lash out at those that will. It makes them feel better about themselves to say it is against the law to do what you will do, so I can't.
Seriously. So you think this is a good idea? I live in a rural area that's seen a crime spike. My neighbors had a truck stolen. We all take precautions but no one is firing off rounds.

But by all means have at er. I'll celebrate your rightful imprisonment.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes or create a law that actually deals with crime. Yes I'm in favor of people taking the law into their hands. If it doesn't change I guess it's left to the home owner.
Perfect. Glad we got that sorted. At least I know what kind of man you are now I'm just disappointed my initial perception of you turned out to be correct.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Well if that's reality, you must be on a different planet. Down here on earth people are getting tired of thieves having free reign. If the law was on the honest persons side there would be no talk about this.

Real quick, comment about the quad in my last post....

Yeah so let them steal everything a person works for with no consequences at all. That's what insurance is for?, so we can all pay more and more and more. That's what a liberal coward says. The law needs to change in favour for decent hard working people. Not thieves and druggies stealing for their fixes.
I'll throw a quick comment at your quad.

Is it worth missing your shot at the thief and getting killed over when they shoot back?

At your funeral with your wife and kids bawling their eyes out will it be worth your deductible? Or maybe with 1 guy dead they decide what the neck....we are in it now might as well get everything and now the whole family is in real trouble.

You guys should all be intelligent enough to know shooting a thief is never going to be an option. Put your effort into lobbying your Legal representation into fighting for real penalties for breaking the law. If there's enough noise about it they'll have to.

Or have the same old tired argument on the internet.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Perfect. Glad we got that sorted. At least I know what kind of man you are now I'm just disappointed my initial perception of you turned out to be correct.
Yeah and I know the kind of so called man you are. Look out if they ever pass a law like some of us have stated, us rural people will be killing everyone lol. I don't want to kill anyone, just tell all your thieving friends to stop thieving and nobody will shoot at them.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:35 AM
Banned

Quote:

Ya after reading your posts I can tell what kinda man you are too, instead of Tyler Thompson should be fairy or something, I agree with eveything that was said except for your posts, they are outta this world, so you like having things stolen!??? And no repercussions for the criminal!??? Man you must be one of them, I can't see why anyone would like to have things stolen, but guess there's different classes of folks outthere,