Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2016, 10:20 PM

Default Trap/Skeet @ Rocky Rod and Gun???

Is anybody able to give me some insight as to whether this is an active part of the Club, or a work in progress? Please.

And maybe, again if anybody knows, a short history of the trap/skeet section of the Rocky Rod and Gun club.

I see they are currently looking for someone to lead the group.

Wade
Old 01-11-2016, 10:28 PM

Hey Wade, yes they are currently looking for a Shotgun committee lead right now. The thrower and shelter are on the premises, but the thrower is not installed and storage is becoming an issue.

Next AGM is Feb 2nd at the Rocky Legion, best place to get your ideas out there.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:48 AM

Interesting. So is the plan to shoot just trap in Rocky or is there plans for a skeet field as well?
Old 01-12-2016, 08:26 AM

Honestly I don't know the difference haha. But without a shotgun committee lead not much will happen. If you have the time, volunteer at the AGM
Old 01-12-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilgy View Post
Interesting. So is the plan to shoot just trap in Rocky or is there plans for a skeet field as well?
I believe i read somewhere there was plans, and a donation for a low/high house, but when the lead resigned, the donation may have fell through. A loss of an estimated $12,000
Old 01-12-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allseasons View Post
I believe i read somewhere there was plans, and a donation for a low/high house, but when the lead resigned, the donation may have fell through. A loss of an estimated $12,000
I just did obtained some quotes for a pair of skeet machines, and the associated wiring and accessories, and both vendors quoted around $11,000. Of course the ground work, concrete , construction of two houses, and running power and control wiring need to be added in. The Alberta vendor will deliver the machines, provide service and warranty work, and he sells and delivers targets as well. We have used both vendors in the past, and I would go with the Alberta vendor because he is local , and if there should be any issues with the machines, and he has been great to deal with in the past.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:32 PM

Well that would be cool to have somewhere close to shoot. Might have to dust off the shotgun