Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2007, 03:10 PM

Default New Hunting Puppy

Heres my new hunting buddy. I got him from Shotshell Kennels out of Saskatoon. His kennel name is Shotshell Reggie Jackson, so I just call him Reg (sometimes Reggie). Hes a sharp little guy. 3 days after bringing him home I had him retrieving a pheasant wing to hand. I have some pheasants in a pen and he gets so excited he starts shaking when I take him over to them. He seems really birdy. He stops dead when he hears the pheasants crowing, or whenever he hears Canada geese honking down by the lake. He points bees and butterflies already, and it wont be long till I get him on the real thing. Hes 8 weeks old in these pictures. The big GSP is his Uncle Oscar (my original hunting buddy), and the chocolate lab is my big happy boy Casey. If he turns out as good as Oscar we'll really give them pheasants hell!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0059.JPG (40.5 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0067.JPG (50.3 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0069.JPG (53.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0071.JPG (42.1 KB, 66 views)
Old 07-02-2007, 03:15 PM

Soooo cute! Sounds like he's going to be a great hunter! Thx for the pics!
Old 07-02-2007, 11:37 PM

That looks like a featherquest (older dog) to me. Maybe a Reasa puppy or a Tarja puppy. Who's the stud on the new one? Thats not a boss x Reasa Puppy is it and I dont think thats a Indy x Ana puppy?

Shotsell puts out some nice Dual Quality dogs Reasa (feahterquest), Indy (Navigator), and Jeager (Navigator) are all beautiful hard hunting Shotshell dogs.

Last edited by Versatile; 07-02-2007 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:26 PM

Smile puppy pedigree

Hi Ryan

The stud is Striker and the bitch is Micca. Micca is a shotshell dog and I believe Striker is co-owned by shotshell. Micca use to hunt alot, but now she is just Diannes pampered pet and main breeder. Striker apparently is an avid hunting dog. I dont know if hes a field champion or not (I believe Dainne said he is, but Im not sure).
Oscar (my older GSP) is a Featherquest dog. His Sire was Indy, and his momma was Raesa.I believe his kennel name was Featherquest Marcus Brody from the Indiana Jones Litter. Hes 4 now. Hes very mature and takes life very seriously. Hes awesome to hunt over.Hes fantastic with my kids and very protective of my farm (criminals beware! lol).
Old 07-03-2007, 03:42 PM

Nice looking dogs...to bad there not setters JK

It’s always great to get in a new hunting companion

cohod
Old 07-03-2007, 06:18 PM

sharp lookin dog i just got a little one not long ago however mine is a choc lab lots of luck in the field
Old 07-03-2007, 11:20 PM

I get to treat myself to seeing Indy a few times a year and he is a great dog. Running for his FDX and Bill had Field trialed him this year as well. Good luck with the new guy.