Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-12-2016, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clgy_Dave2.0 View Post
Not my 2012 E250 Work van, nor our '06 Suburban 2500. Emergency brake on, lights still on. Theres no way to turn them off while driving.
It worked in my 06 Charger and that's all the experience I have to go on. In my 2000 Chevy 3/4 ton the head lights and tail lights come on automatically when it's not completely light out, I haven't used the headlight switch since I bought it.

We have the technology for vehicles to automatically turn the lights on when necessary, every vehicle sold should come with this feature IMO.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:05 AM

I will always give my brakes a couple taps. Then 4 way flashers immediately for any traffic in front.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:15 AM

I use my 4-way flashers to alert both the traffic behind me, and on-coming traffic about wildlife and other road hazards.
Hopefully, they make others at least pay some extra attention to what's going on outside of their vehicles - even if they don't automatically slow down.

I don't understand why vehicle manufacturers haven't standardized where to locate the 4-way switch. It used to always be on the steering column (which was difficult to access if you were doing any 'emergency avoidance steering'), but now they're in different places on different vehicles.