Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
This is getting crazy.

Civilizations end. We want to go back in time and try and resurrect the civilization of FN? Do we stop there? Why not Romans? Why not Aztecs? Why not Mongols?

The past was a different time. Who is responsible for the past? If we keep letting special interest groups who were marginalized in the past become some sort of VIPs for no reason we are going to push ourselves into civil strife. Fair representation is what is required in a society. Those that keep getting special treatment will be more so alienated and are outnumbered. Bad things happen to an alienated population when they are out numbered.

Hmmm we want history to repeat itself for some kind of sick amusement?

Liberalism is truly a mental disorder.

This is class warfare from JT again. Environmentalist will be up in arms and FN will defend their right. Diversity is great until it becomes this gong show.
I don't think so.
First comments from them were such that it was at the wrong time of year because its a beautiful time with all the leaves changing and people won't be able to enjoy the area for 10 days..
At first I was actually surprised that they seemed accepting...but when I gave my head a shake it all made sense.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Guy View Post
I don't think so.
First comments from them were such that it was at the wrong time of year because its a beautiful time with all the leaves changing and people won't be able to enjoy the area for 10 days..
At first I was actually surprised that they seemed accepting...but when I gave my head a shake it all made sense.
Haha. Have to shake your head really hard to damage it enough for this all to make sense!
Old 10-08-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
Very well said, and I completely agree. I just cannot sit back and stay quiet any longer. I'm trying to get in touch with CTV to set up a time for an interview.

How'd it go?
Old 10-08-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
This is getting crazy.

Civilizations end. We want to go back in time and try and resurrect the civilization of FN? Do we stop there? Why not Romans? Why not Aztecs? Why not Mongols?

The past was a different time. Who is responsible for the past? If we keep letting special interest groups who were marginalized in the past become some sort of VIPs for no reason we are going to push ourselves into civil strife. Fair representation is what is required in a society. Those that keep getting special treatment will be more so alienated and are outnumbered. Bad things happen to an alienated population when they are out numbered.
Hmmm we want history to repeat itself for some kind of sick amusement?

Liberalism is truly a mental disorder.

This is class warfare from JT again. Environmentalist will be up in arms and FN will defend their right. Diversity is great until it becomes this gong show.
Well said sums it up perfectly. They claim they want their past heritage reaclaimed but they do this when its convenient. The past like say 1900 and earlier which I would definetely have like to seen myself because it was nature untouched by man but the trueth of the past and living in it that it as a harsh world especially for the natives as much as some of them think it was pure freedom and fun. People were at the mercy of nature famines starvation was at your door step there was no heat by hitting a switch. They claim heritage but they want it with a 5th wheel trailer and Ford F-350.
It is a free country if FN wanted to reclaim there past take the 5th wheel trailer and the Ford F-350 park it at the end of lease road walk out in the bush and live free there is enough wildenes to do this why won't they cause it's a hard life that society has moved away from and every one likes modern ammanities. I would never stop some one from learning about their past and keeping their culture alive but in today's modern world parts of the past are in the past it's over with and it's time to move on. In the end their only hurting themselves and their future.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Heavyhitr View Post
How'd it go?
Left a VM and waiting for a call back.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:41 PM

So now we have a country in which people can hunt in areas closed to all simply based on their genetic code? That sounds awfully prejudicial... Pretty sure that is unconstitutional in itself.

"15. (1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.
(2) Subsection (1) does not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration of conditions of disadvantaged individuals or groups including those that are disadvantaged because of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability."
Old 10-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teledogs View Post
I am hearing Parks is closing the Celestine Lake area for a hunt next week for a lucky few aboriginal people. Man would I love to hunt that area. Good luck on the hunt and enjoy this special privilege.

3 bulls 3 rams and 3 deer is what they can get.
This is ownly 9 members from that reserve....27 Elk, 27 rams, 27 deer.... and how many of these are taken in Alberta together in a week by other people... plus im pretty sure we will see buffalo roaming outside the parks in 5 yrs or sooner.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
Left a VM and waiting for a call back.
I respect you wanting to go ahead with it. I'll say this, CTV is not our friend. They will cut, edit and use questions that steer you into making comments that can make you look like a ranting lunatic. Be aware.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime pops View Post
This is ownly 9 members from that reserve....27 Elk, 27 rams, 27 deer.... and how many of these are taken in Alberta together in a week by other people... plus im pretty sure we will see buffalo roaming outside the parks in 5 yrs or sooner.
Do you mean by legal hunters hunting in zones that are open for hunting?
Old 10-09-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanny View Post
So now we have a country in which people can hunt in areas closed to all simply based on their genetic code? That sounds awfully prejudicial... Pretty sure that is unconstitutional in itself.

"15. (1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.
(2) Subsection (1) does not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration of conditions of disadvantaged individuals or groups including those that are disadvantaged because of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability."
But the law/Constitution doesn't apply to natives, they aren't citizens of Canada.
Oh wait...they are. If they weren't, they could be deported and not have the benefits of protection under our Constitution.
But if they were, then the Constitution and laws would apply to everyone equally?
So how is it that these inequalities can happen?
Answer: Prejudice by our government and the people who socially force their hand, that's how.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime pops View Post
1 moose, 1 elk, and 1 deer has fed my family of 4 for an entire year.

They must be big eaters....
Old 10-09-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
1 moose, 1 elk, and 1 deer has fed my family of 4 for an entire year.

They must be big eaters....
Actually, it's going to be 10 animals in total, not per hunter.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bull View Post
Actually, it's going to be 10 animals in total, not per hunter.
So this whole thing has nothing to do with culling animals, strictly a political move to get the ball rolling.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
So this whole thing has nothing to do with culling animals, strictly a political move to get the ball rolling.
In my opinion, it is not a population management cull at all. 3 elk, 3 sheep, and 4 deer isn't going to have any effect on a park that is 11,000 square km's.
RECONCILLIATION is what it is. Let's visit this thread in a year's time and see how many bands will be hunting in Jasper.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:43 AM

Default You guys need to read....:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanny View Post

Quoting the Charter without understanding or reading the whole thing....... makes you look super unsmart boys...

Start by figuring out that 'amelioration' word ...... then keep translating the English into whatever you understand....

Geeze!

Good ole culture wars...
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 10-09-2017, 11:23 AM

Brutal. Why should indigenous people have special treatment over anyone else!!? Simply because they were here first!!? If this continues, there should be no question why there is segregation in this country. Take a group of children at school for example and split them into two groups. Now have a different set of rules for each group where one group of kids has to do chores to earn their recess time, and simply let the the other group of kids go play at recess anytime they want for free. I'm willing to bet a majority of the kids doing chores for play time will resent the other kids a lot and probably will not play well together. Yes there was terrible atrocities that occurred in the past and yes that is very very wrong. But territory is disputed all over the world by basically every race there is on earth. This is really the only case in which the losing party of a territory dispute get paid as an apology for winning. Even indigenous tribes disputed territory amongst themselves and committed atrocities of their own. Are those tribes paying for their own atrocities to other tribes in which they robbed their so called land from them. No they are not. If we really interested in making this country a great place that will prosper in the long run and if we are really interested in equality and removing segregation, One set of rules for everyone in this country period. Everyone should have to earn their keep. You will never appreciate what you have if you didn't have to earn it. That is pretty clear when you look at the conditions of some of the infrastructure given for free on some of these reservations. Absolutely disgusting to see how things are treated in some cases. As far as hunting rights goes. It's very hard to regulate and determine harvest rates in this country when it's a free for all for some. If we are actually interested in a sustainable hunt for future generations, why don't we all contribute to a common set of rules and apply for draws and so on as one whole group. Seems to me that that isn't a priority for indigenous people. Just get it while the getting is good regardless of the long term outcome. Shame on you! Our system is failing all of us including indigenous people. When are actually going to look at the big picture here and do something about it. It's 2017 now and time to move forward with an actual solution instead of continually throwing money into a paper shredder and expecting different results. Hast fixed anything in almost 200 years. What makes us think it will now?!!!!
Old 10-09-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
In my opinion, it is not a population management cull at all. 3 elk, 3 sheep, and 4 deer isn't going to have any effect on a park that is 11,000 square km's.
RECONCILLIATION is what it is. Let's visit this thread in a year's time and see how many bands will be hunting in Jasper.
So is reconciliation paid up in full now? When are we good?

LC
Old 10-09-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallen Baugh View Post
Brutal. Why should indigenous people have special treatment over anyone else!!? Simply because they were here first!!? If this continues, there should be no question why there is segregation in this country. Take a group of children at school for example and split them into two groups. Now have a different set of rules for each group where one group of kids has to do chores to earn their recess time, and simply let the the other group of kids go play at recess anytime they want for free. I'm willing to bet a majority of the kids doing chores for play time will resent the other kids a lot and probably will not play well together. Yes there was terrible atrocities that occurred in the past and yes that is very very wrong. But territory is disputed all over the world by basically every race there is on earth. This is really the only case in which the losing party of a territory dispute get paid as an apology for winning. Even indigenous tribes disputed territory amongst themselves and committed atrocities of their own. Are those tribes paying for their own atrocities to other tribes in which they robbed their so called land from them. No they are not. If we really interested in making this country a great place that will prosper in the long run and if we are really interested in equality and removing segregation, One set of rules for everyone in this country period. Everyone should have to earn their keep. You will never appreciate what you have if you didn't have to earn it. That is pretty clear when you look at the conditions of some of the infrastructure given for free on some of these reservations. Absolutely disgusting to see how things are treated in some cases. As far as hunting rights goes. It's very hard to regulate and determine harvest rates in this country when it's a free for all for some. If we are actually interested in a sustainable hunt for future generations, why don't we all contribute to a common set of rules and apply for draws and so on as one whole group. Seems to me that that isn't a priority for indigenous people. Just get it while the getting is good regardless of the long term outcome. Shame on you! Our system is failing all of us including indigenous people. When are actually going to look at the big picture here and do something about it. It's 2017 now and time to move forward with an actual solution instead of continually throwing money into a paper shredder and expecting different results. Hast fixed anything in almost 200 years. What makes us think it will now?!!!!
Agreed!
Old 10-09-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

LC
Ain't going to happen in our life time. Nor our kids life time.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 10-09-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:

LC
No..they just got the 750 Mil appetizer .
More to come without a doubt.

Money will fix all the wrongs done by our ancestors...
Old 10-09-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:

LC
Mountain Guy beat me to the answer.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
This is just the start of way more fn hunting probably be a set of decoys on jasper park golf course and nets in talbot lake with in two years
Old 10-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:

LC
When you're ancestors are First Nation it'll be square.

Until then, you owe.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:14 PM

Default Elk Island

the Same thing will happen in Elk Island Park they will never announce it but the Natives will be able to hunt in there and take all of the trophy animials that have been protected for years inside the park. We will just sit back and watch. Its not fair but as you can see with the Liberal government it will get worse before it gets better.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
the Same thing will happen in Elk Island Park they will never announce it but the Natives will be able to hunt in there and take all of the trophy animials that have been protected for years inside the park. We will just sit back and watch. Its not fair but as you can see with the Liberal government it will get worse before it gets better.
Isn't that already happening?
Old 10-09-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:

LC

Moving line....kinda like negotiating bedtime with a 2 year old!
Old 10-09-2017, 06:06 PM

I fully believe the end goal is for first nations people to control our natural resources and energy sources as well as our land and govt. It makes no sense that our govt is willing to hand over a country because of some fake guilt of the past. I've never heard of a people group taking over another region of a different people group through battle then handing it over generations later. Should I just walk in to Hungary and Russia and stake equal claim because my ancestors were there first so I should get hunting privilege and funding? Our civilization is going all to ... sh... hogwash because of losing sight of the fact that we are all the human race and should be moving forward as equals who share this planet. Apparently there are different races? I thought we were one. Homo sapiens
I've heard that parliament hill is on an unsettled treaty but have not been able to verify one way or another.
I wouldn't be surprised if in my lifetime, all "private land" is confiscated as part of this reconciliation and then all farming operations are govt endeavours...but now I'm getting into the crazy talk
Old 10-09-2017, 07:43 PM

Wait till the bloods and the peigans catch wind of this. Say goodbye to Waterton!!.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead chucker View Post
Wait till the bloods and the peigans catch wind of this. Say goodbye to Waterton!!.
They already have a pile of land right next to it. But when is enough enough and things from the past reconcilled? I say never.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshaw View Post
They already have a pile of land right next to it. But when is enough enough and things from the past reconcilled? I say never.
Oh I know. And agree!!!
Closed Thread