Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-21-2012, 09:30 AM

Default Funny things you have overheard at a gun counter.

Whispered: "Anwar, look how this lovely Browining semi-automatic firearm breaks down into conveniently hide-able pieces. Allahu Akbar!"

Old 09-21-2012, 10:29 AM

wss leth.
cust. i need a boss cr for my browning a-bolt. Do you have any instock or how long would it take to order one??
staff. Boss cr??? that sounds custom. you beter go talk to a gunsmith.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Whispered: "Anwar, look how this lovely Browining semi-automatic firearm breaks down into conveniently hide-able pieces. Allahu Akbar!"

Oko...I know you're kidding but a few years ago I was in WSS and two well dressed fellas from the middle east were at the counter ahead of me, and all they wanted to look at were semi-auto's...and yup...they wound up getting the Browning BAR. Coincidence?? No mention of Allahu Akbar was heard.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:54 PM

Default Not a gun story

You said funny storys at the gun counter, years ago in WSS Calgary you bought your hunting license at the gun counter and I heard a staff member telling a customer and his visiting relative that they did not need a hunting license for migratory, just go to the post office and get a migratory license.

Usually I just listen and laugh, like most the posts here, but I could not let these guys go out and poach, so I stepped in and informed them that the staffer was wrong, asked for a copy of the regulations and pointed them in the right direction. They left with the needed paperwork.

After they left I looked at the staffer and politely told him to brush up on the regs if he intends to act as an expert, his response was a lame, "well I only hunt deer anyway so I'm not up on the bird regulations". I just shook my head.

Scary.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:15 PM

Recently in Wholesale Sports in Saskatoon - I asked for Hoppe's No. 9 for Black Powder.

Clerk behind the gun counter had no idea what category of stuff Hoppe's No. 9 was, not a clue, let alone the variety for Black Powder.

Clearly they get some of these employees from outer space, certainly not from shooting sportsmen.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:33 PM

We were in Dallas watching a hockey game and killed some time by going to a range to shoot some handguns, the place was also a retailer. Guy beside me asked the clerk to show him the smallest gun he had, when the clerk brought him the peice, his responce was "bro! are you joiking with me? How am I supposed to stuff this thing in my shorts?" needles to say he didn't buy it.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeya View Post
We were in Dallas watching a hockey game and killed some time by going to a range to shoot some handguns, the place was also a retailer. Guy beside me asked the clerk to show him the smallest gun he had, when the clerk brought him the peice, his responce was "bro! are you joiking with me? How am I supposed to stuff this thing in my shorts?" needles to say he didn't buy it.
You've obviously never heard of Thunderwear.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 09-22-2012, 12:39 AM

".243 ish da best moose gun ever......me and my friendsh sheen dis moose out in da bushes.....dey are bangin away.....nutin' happensh. I take out da too-fordy t'ree and bang! Wamo! Dat big bull falls down..."

"No kidding....how far?"

"Ohhh.....mile, mile and a half, two miles anyways....."

Best moment working in the gunshop ever.